2pm Devils @ Stars. MSG+ (Bahls back, Woods/Siegs done for year) Edition

DevilMinder

First game of a 5 game roadtrip. Devils have lost 5 in a row and Dallas is hungry for a playoff spot. Could be ugly.

Bahl called up, Siegs and Woods are done for the year per Ruff.

Devils head coach Lindy Ruff had an update on two injured players for the media.

Defenseman Jonas Siegenthaler is done for the season with a broken hand. Forward Miles Wood has been "shut down" for the remainder of the year with his hip injury.

"For Miles it's part of the process of coming back," Ruff said. "He didn't feel quite right. We just feel the right thing is to put him out."

Blueliner Kevin Bahl, who was recalled late Friday, will step into the lineup in place of Siegenthaler.

"We need a guy to step in and play well for us," Ruff said of Bahl, who is back for his third stint in New Jersey. "I felt he played with more confidence (in his second call up). There wasn't a lot of hesitation in his game. From the previous times he's been up, he looked a lot more confident going back for pucks and making plays. And I thought his physicality was better."

Goaltender Mackenzie Blackwood is on the trip and is trying to work his way back into game action before the season is over.

You can watch the game on MSG+ or listen on the Devils Hockey Network. 

• Like 1

Really hope this is it for Zacha.  Go coast and underachieve somewhere else.

• Like 1

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

my bff lives there. i always have a soft spot for them. but really love the area too. too rich for me though. 

I have heard mixed reports of Dallas, but I haven't made the trip up from Austin yet myself. I was looking forward to this game but realized a week or so ago it wasn't worth the 7hr round trip drive.

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I have heard mixed reports of Dallas, but I haven't made the trip up from Austin yet myself. I was looking forward to this game but realized a week or so ago it wasn't worth the 7hr round trip drive.

heard very good things about austin. next time i visit dallas i will hit you up! 

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I’m watching today but had serious doubts about it being worth the two-minute trip to head down to the basement and the five seconds to turn the TV on.