GDT: Carolina @ Devils 12:30 PM MSG

MadDog2020

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

12:30 game means I will probably not watch until tonight which means I have to deprive you guys of my genius commentary, so here’s the highlights:

1. Almost.

2. Not even close to almost. CHECK

3. Worst defensive play I’ve ever seen. CHECK

4. Goalie should’ve had that. CHECK

5. That guy got hurt and had to leave the ice, that’s not good. 

6. The “Sweet Salad” lady is annoying. CHECK

7. Cangi completely missed that play. CHECK

8. That guy completely missed the wide open net. 

9. Fvck hockey. CHECK

If someone wants to check these off as the game goes along, I’ll make a $20 donation to the site if I hit on all of these. 

LGD

We came close. I’m giving Zacha #2 because I forgot he was playing. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I mean, ofc not. But his options were pretty limited with literally none of his teammates supporting him, and 3 Canes pressuring. 

I would be a lot less critical if he tried to use the boards, or just tie the puck up and wait for reinforcements, and then turned it over vs just throwing it out in the open and hoping his team got there. It was a bonehead play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I would be a lot less critical if he tried to use the boards, or just tie the puck up and wait for reinforcements, and then turned it over vs just throwing it out in the open and hoping his team got there. It was a bonehead play.

That would have been ideal, yes. But honestly he shouldn’t even have been put into that position by his forwards in the first place. 

"They learned a valuable lesson today". Trouble is Lindy it's the same lesson they have been repeatedly going through for the last two years. So the players are either too stupid to learn or they are not being taught properly.

The question about what was good about the power play really made me laugh. I'm going to have to go with they fact that they actually scored. How about that. 

• Like 2

Was at the game during the final minutes of warmups Everything shot at Hammond went in.  It looked like the Devils started deliberately shooting wide (but they are the Devils after all😀).  The Devils play a game at the end of warmups where  Nico shoots it on net and the rest of the team whacks at it until it goes in.  They didn't do it today.  Just Nico and Zacha (I Believe)  Looks like Hammond's confidence is shot.  Yikes!😮

Edited by Rock

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Btw did anyone notice Nolan Foote a single time in this game? What’s the point of calling him up just to give him like 5 minutes of ice time?

Saw Amanda said he had two shifts in the 2nd and then the 3rd. What a joke. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

That would have been ideal, yes. But honestly he shouldn’t even have been put into that position by his forwards in the first place. 

It was a routine decision at the NHL level. He was pressured by one Cane and had time to make the correct play. As usual, he did not.

47 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

"They learned a valuable lesson today". Trouble is Lindy it's the same lesson they have been repeatedly going through for the last two years. So the players are either too stupid to learn or they are not being taught properly.

The question about what was good about the power play really made me laugh. I'm going to have to go with they fact that they actually scored. How about that. 

This is what happens when you don’t have actual media to ask real follow up questions.

Instead we get stuck with team employees with this type of approach:

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

The only lesson that the players are learning from this schmuck and Failure Fitz are how to spin losses into moral victories night in and night out.

This is going to be what, the 3rd or 4th time we will likely "win" the offseason and then sh!t the bed in the season.  Ruff is almost guaranteed to be back next year along with his henchman Nass.

56 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Absolutely forgot he was in as well. 

Me too.  However, the very limited time I did see him he was skating so slow he might as well have been skating backwards.  That "amazing" trade Fitz made for Coleman is looking worse and worse every day.  Foote is looking like a career AAAA player and we have to hope and pray that not only Muk can even come here with the current climate, but that he can be a solid contribution.

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Oh and one more thing; Bahl looks at best a fringe NHL defender.  Okhotyiuk looks 10x better than him only 2 games in.

So basically out of the Hall trade we have ended up with Mercer, Hammond, and a fringe NHL defender.  Yay!

Hard disagree on you’re assessment of Bahl and Foote. Foote played 5 mins. He’s had a good year down in Utica otherwise.

32 minutes ago, devlman said:

It was a routine decision at the NHL level. He was pressured by one Cane and had time to make the correct play. As usual, he did not.

Some of you are acting like he flung into the slot or something. He did his best to get it up ice while being pinned on the board. There should have been another Devil waiting for the outlet pass in this clip.