Jump to content

GDT: NJ Trash vs Detroit Trash - 24 Apr - 1300


jagknife
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Another season that was basically over by Christmas and fielding empty shells by the last 20 games. Just more par for the course. The talent is there now. This team needs to make some progress. There are no excuses left. Fix the empty net situation and I still feel like this team is not where we'd want them to be by this point in the season. There are bigger issues(*coaches*) that need to be dealt with.

All bottom teams are playing a much better hockey...except us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

We fielded a pretty poor and inexperienced team on paper today, so hard to expect a ton, but that game left a lot to be desired.  I like Dougie showing emotion and breaking his stick after he turned the puck over. Not that it mattered, but it's nice to see he actually gives a sh!t.  I'll be honest I was kind of worried that he'd get pissed and in a negative mindset after coming here and the team having such a sh!tty season in his first year here.  Hopefully next season is different.

The guy has half-assed it on playing D and even making an effort to get back for months. That's pathetic for your star.  Maybe his jaw is preventing him from skating hard when it comes to playing defense?  Clearly he's an offensive dman but come on, he's been lazy but hell yeah he broke that stick after puking up the puck.  If anything I'd say he's shown very little leadership at all, and really playing devils advocate you could say he played this season like a guy who got paid and put it on cruise control. But yeah he gets the benefit of the doubt for some of it because of the injury. Although I'm pretty sure I've seen others across the league play while battling back from similar injuries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

There is literally no good reason to watch this game today 

 

28 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

This legitimately might be the most boring game of hockey ever played. 

Sounds like I made the right decision to not watch a single second of this one. Spent the afternoon doing yard work, so at least that was a more productive use of my time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

 

Sounds like I made the right decision to not watch a single second of this one. Spent the afternoon doing yard work, so at least that was a more productive use of my time. 

I went out for lunch, got a haircut, and got my car washed. I had the game on Sirius in the car, but I barely watched any of this sh!t show. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I went out for lunch, got a haircut, and got my car washed. I had the game on Sirius in the car, but I barely watched any of this sh!t show. 

At least on the radio it’s only an assault on one of your senses lol. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw the game live and too bad this was my Dad's first live game 😂.  that was pretty boring from start to finish. We had 12 shots with ten minutes remaining. I don't understand the pull the goalie move at three min mark move but I guess that's just another wtf coaching decision to round out the season. Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah everyone already said it…I just watched this on playback and this was anti-hockey.

I’m actually going to the game on Fri…pretty sure the highlight will be the restaurant food.  Feel for Bratt at this point…no Nico and no Jack to play with.

I don’t remember ever despising a coaching staff the way that I do this one.  They’re just SUCH complete nonentities.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don’t remember ever despising a coaching staff the way that I do this one.  They’re just SUCH complete nonentities.

We were pretty done with Hynes by the end. But these guys are the absolute worst, maybe ever, in franchise history. If Fitz waits more than 24 hours after the season ends to fire all three of them, I may have a cardiac episode of some kind. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

We were pretty done with Hynes by the end. But these guys are the absolute worst, maybe ever, in franchise history. If Fitz waits more than 24 hours after the season ends to fire all three of them, I may have a cardiac episode of some kind. 

Yeah but I actually feel real hatred for these clowns…I was done with Hynes by the end too, no doubt, but this trio of useless dipsh!ts…I’m with ya, I’ll even be generous and give Fitz a week or so…go ahead and “evaluate”, whatever…if the end result is that those three are gone, I’ll live with waiting for a week.  But they HAVE to be gone.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah but I actually feel real hatred for these clowns…I was done with Hynes by the end too, no doubt, but this trio of useless dipsh!ts…I’m with ya, I’ll even be generous and give Fitz a week or so…go ahead and “evaluate”, whatever…if the end result is that those three are gone, I’ll live with waiting for a week.  But they HAVE to be gone.

I think you're giving Fitz too much credit. I will not be shocked to see Ruff and Nass back behind the bench next year. Recchi is most definitely gone but those two are a toss up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slasher72 said:

I think you're giving Fitz too much credit. I will not be shocked to see Ruff and Nass back behind the bench next year. Recchi is most definitely gone but those two are a toss up. 

No one but Fitz knows what his plans are, but I just don’t see how he can triple-down on ANY of those guys.  Still firmly believe this becomes Dineen’s job…probably announced after Utica’s postseason ends.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a boring game.  Naturally Ruff blames Bratt, Sharangovich and Zacha for the loss.  Not the defense, not the anemic PP, not the sh!tty goaltending.  Nah, let's blame your best scorer this season, the guy who actually scored that was only called back due to an offside review and Zacha (OK I will give him that one).  Man has Ruff really fallen off a cliff.  Guy just reeks of being a complete loser.  I want him gone yesterday, but again Recchi will take the fall and Failure Fitz will have Nass and Ruff back again next year.  You can book it.

Dougie Hamilton needs to look in the mirror.  Guy has been trash since his injury.

Mercer is now up to 16 games without a goal.  He has 5 points and is a -18 in that span.  Nah, Ruff scratches Zetterlund instead.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

What a boring game.  Naturally Ruff blames Bratt, Sharangovich and Zacha for the loss.  Not the defense, not the anemic PP, not the sh!tty goaltending.  Nah, let's blame your best scorer this season, the guy who actually scored that was only called back due to an offside review and Zacha (OK I will give him that one).  Man has Ruff really fallen off a cliff.  Guy just reeks of being a complete loser.  I want him gone yesterday, but again Recchi will take the fall and Failure Fitz will have Nass and Ruff back again next year.  You can book it.

Dougie Hamilton needs to look in the mirror.  Guy has been trash since his injury.

Mercer is now up to 16 games without a goal.  He has 5 points and is a -18 in that span.  Nah, Ruff scratches Zetterlund instead.

I'm not so sure about the bolded.  Like I said in a previous post, Fitz can't triple-down on those guys and expect to have ANY credibility...if he does that, I'm completely done with him.  I think he blows them all out (not quite as quickly as we'd like, but it will happen) and in comes Dineen.  The big question is does this become some kind of collaboration, where Fitz has most of the say in who Dineen's assistants are?  How much power is Dineen actually going to have?  And assuming that Fitz does this, it's Dineen or bust...no way that I'm giving Fitz another coaching hire if this doesn't work out.  

Would love to know how tired Mercer is at this point.  I'm not worried about him long-term in the slightest, and when the goaltending is this shaky +/- is tougher to gauge, but as of late I haven't noticed him much...he had a couple of nice chances yesterday, but seems to have lost that extra step.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

What a boring game.  Naturally Ruff blames Bratt, Sharangovich and Zacha for the loss.  Not the defense, not the anemic PP, not the sh!tty goaltending.  Nah, let's blame your best scorer this season, the guy who actually scored that was only called back due to an offside review and Zacha (OK I will give him that one).  Man has Ruff really fallen off a cliff.  Guy just reeks of being a complete loser.  I want him gone yesterday, but again Recchi will take the fall and Failure Fitz will have Nass and Ruff back again next year.  You can book it.

Dougie Hamilton needs to look in the mirror.  Guy has been trash since his injury.

Mercer is now up to 16 games without a goal.  He has 5 points and is a -18 in that span.  Nah, Ruff scratches Zetterlund instead.

I mean he gave up one goal yesterday, you're going to pin that loss on sh!tty goaltending??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean he gave up one goal yesterday, you're going to pin that loss on sh!tty goaltending??

Yesterday was a bit of an exception.  I was going for over the past few months.  Ruff just is calling out the wrong people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm not so sure about the bolded.  Like I said in a previous post, Fitz can't triple-down on those guys and expect to have ANY credibility...if he does that, I'm completely done with him.  I think he blows them all out (not quite as quickly as we'd like, but it will happen) and in comes Dineen.  The big question is does this become some kind of collaboration, where Fitz has most of the say in who Dineen's assistants are?  How much power is Dineen actually going to have?  And assuming that Fitz does this, it's Dineen or bust...no way that I'm giving Fitz another coaching hire if this doesn't work out.  

Would love to know how tired Mercer is at this point.  I'm not worried about him long-term in the slightest, and when the goaltending is this shaky +/- is tougher to gauge, but as of late I haven't noticed him much...he had a couple of nice chances yesterday, but seems to have lost that extra step.  

Why Mercer isn't being scratched is beyond me.  Zetterlund has played better than Mercer as of late and he gets scratched.  Bratt even got benched earlier this season and he was scratched a few times after he hit his wall in his rookie season.  I really do not understand why Mercer seems to be so invincible to accountability.

After the talk Fitz has given over the past 2-3 months I really just don't see him canning Ruff.  He seems to place the blame at the players and not the sh!tty system they are forced into.  Maybe he is just giving lip service, but Ruff should have been fired long ago yet here he is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yesterday was a bit of an exception.  I was going for over the past few months.  Ruff just is calling out the wrong people.

That is accurate then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm not so sure about the bolded.  Like I said in a previous post, Fitz can't triple-down on those guys and expect to have ANY credibility...if he does that, I'm completely done with him.  I think he blows them all out (not quite as quickly as we'd like, but it will happen) and in comes Dineen.  The big question is does this become some kind of collaboration, where Fitz has most of the say in who Dineen's assistants are?  How much power is Dineen actually going to have?  And assuming that Fitz does this, it's Dineen or bust...no way that I'm giving Fitz another coaching hire if this doesn't work out.  

Would love to know how tired Mercer is at this point.  I'm not worried about him long-term in the slightest, and when the goaltending is this shaky +/- is tougher to gauge, but as of late I haven't noticed him much...he had a couple of nice chances yesterday, but seems to have lost that extra step.  

Since he didn’t allow Ruff to pick his assistants, it’s almost guaranteed that if Dineen gets the call he will have Nas and some other Pittsburgh cast off on his staff.

I’m of the belief that the GM should hire a head coach and then lets that coach make his personnel decisions but that doesn’t seem to be how the devils run things. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Since he didn’t allow Ruff to pick his assistants, it’s almost guaranteed that if Dineen gets the call he will have Nas and some other Pittsburgh cast off on his staff.

I’m of the belief that the GM should hire a head coach and then lets that coach make his personnel decisions but that doesn’t seem to be how the devils run things. 

If nASS is here in any capacity at all next season, then I'm absolutely done with Fitz...nASS has done NOTHING to earn this "He's part of the solution" treatment.  You can't saddle a new HC with that loser.  Clean house.  I can wait for a couple of weeks, even a few weeks, but CLEAN fvckING HOUSE.   

Agree, if you trust someone enough to hire him to be your HC, then trust him enough to build his own staff.    

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If nASS is here in any capacity at all next season, then I'm absolutely done with Fitz...nASS has done NOTHING to earn this "He's part of the solution" treatment.  You can't saddle a new HC with that loser.  Clean house.  I can wait for a couple of weeks, even a few weeks, but CLEAN fvckING HOUSE.   

Agree, if you trust someone enough to hire him to be your HC, then trust him enough to build his own staff.    

Remember when Ruff was hired and the belief was Grier was the heir apparent… holy fvck I fear what Fitzcrapeld has in mind for this summer…

He has to be successful with a coach AND goaltending, otherwise he will prove he is nothing more than an Assistant GM who is entirely in way over his head that can do well with skaters but can’t gauge sh!t elsewhere 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.