GDT: Devils at Senaturds, 4/26/22, 7:00pm, MSG+

mfitz804

Back when I coached soccer, I always had a couple of girls that would run alongside the ball, get close to the people with the ball but would never really get in there to try to take the ball. 

Pavel Zacha is that little girl. 

• Like 4

On 4/25/2022 at 4:05 PM, mfitz804 said:

I haven't done many GDTs lately, so I figure I'm due. Also, obviously with Blackwood returning, it only seems appropriate. I'm hoping for glimmers of hope instead of the usual piles of sh!t that have been happening.

We can still lose. Whether you like Blackwood or you don't, obviously we're best served if he is healthy and playing well, whether we're trading him or playing him next year. 

LGD. 

I don't see anyone being interested in Blackwood given his issues with covid and injuries, so I think it's best if he plays and hopefully excels for us. We'll see. 

• Angry 1

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Back when I coached soccer, I always had a couple of girls that would run alongside the ball, get close to the people with the ball but would never really get in there to try to take the ball. 

Pavel Zacha is that little girl. 

Pretty accurate description. He definitely seems timid on the ice and I can't figure out why. The guy has skill and it's not like he's really small, so I just don't understand why he doesn't play with intensity and aggression. He's the opposite of assertive. 

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't see anyone being interested in Blackwood given his issues with covid and injuries, so I think it's best if he plays and hopefully excels for us. We'll see. 

I don’t think having had Covid all that time ago will be an issue, the heel, that could be. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I don’t think having had Covid all that time ago will be an issue, the heel, that could be. 

True, I just think for someone who skims his durability and track record of being available to play, that sticks out.  Whether or not it's valid and holds merit is another thing. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Jeez, are Cangi and Dano going to fight during intermission to see who gets to suck off Blackwood first? We get it, he’s playing tonight and he hasn’t played in a while. 

can't do it switched over to the Sens broadcast.

• Like 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Jeez, are Cangi and Dano going to fight during intermission to see who gets to suck off Blackwood first? We get it, he’s playing tonight and he hasn’t played in a while. 

I'm not watching right now because I'm at an event, but can you blame them? It's like when you've gone to seven consecutive proms with your cousin or the ugly girl down the street, and then all of a sudden a moderately decent looking girl becomes available. You're gonna salivate uncontrollably. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm not watching right now because I'm at an event, but can you blame them? It's like when you've gone to seven consecutive proms with your cousin or the ugly girl down the street, and then all of a sudden a moderately decent looking girl becomes available. You're gonna salivate uncontrollably. 

This makes me miss @SterioDesign, this seems like one of his analogies. 

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

George Carlin:

”I never fvcked a ten, but once I fvcked 5 twos.”

Just now, mfitz804 said:

It’s too straightforward and easy to follow to be one of his, heh heh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yikes, I like Sterio as a person but that seems harsh to compare mine to his!

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

George Carlin:

”I never fvcked a ten, but once I fvcked 5 twos.”

It’s too straightforward and easy to follow to be one of his, heh heh.

Yeah, thank you.  I thought it was a pretty spot on comparison lol. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah that’s a Sterioism all the way 🤣

You guys :(

• Haha 1

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I still don’t understand what Graves and Severson were doing on that goal. I’d say everyone is just trying to get out of the season at this point but this has been all damn year. 

Severson was being Severson. Graves was doing a Severson impression. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

At least Blackwood looks decent so far. That goal was 100% on Graves. He was way too high up. 

I really wish he was getting more than three games or so to end the season because I think there's going to be a lot up in the air next season when it comes to him and his future on the team. I know a lot of people still have a bunch of question marks about him and I don't think much if anything got resolved and answered this season given much he's gone through. I've always been a supporter of his, but if he's not the answer I wish we had a little more concrete evidence support that so that we could close the book and move on, whether that means looking to draft someone or acquire someone in the off season, anything to be able to put us in the right direction when it comes to a goaltender would be nice.