GDT: Devils at Senaturds, 4/26/22, 7:00pm, MSG+

mfitz804

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

We still have issues all over the place. In addition to goaltending:

Our defense is still ranked among worst in the entire league, although I am not really sure I believe in those rankings. PK Subban has actually been one of our better defenders, and of course he's leaving (ultimately a good thing). That leaves Siegenthaler as our best defensive defenseman. We have Severson doing whatever the fvck he does, Ty Smith doing less than that, Hamilton has been sh!t for a while now, Graves has not looked great at times, etc. ANyone who wouldn't rather see Okhotiuk in the lineup right now rather than out? I would. 

Without Hughes or Hischier, and occasionally with them, we can't score. We're at 19th in Goals Scored overall which is ehh I guess, still toward the top of the bottom half of the league, but we've gone through a few stretches where its just not happening. We're right at the 3 goals per game mark for the season. Nothing to write home about, but probably the least of these issues, if everyone could stay healthy. 

Believe it or not, we have the 14th best penalty kill % in the league. 

Our Powerless Play is actually now 28th out of 32, and it feels like it should be lower than that. We're way worse than that, obviously, because all the shorties don't factor into that. 

If anyone thinks goaltending is the answer to fixing all of the above, they have no clue what the fvck they are talking about. All of the above leads me to believe the answer to our issues isn't who's on the bench, it's who's behind it. 

The most unbelievable thing is that there are four teams that have a worse PP than the Devils. How is that possible? Do their PP units go out blindfolded or with their laces tied together?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

The most unbelievable thing is that there are four teams that have a worse PP than the Devils. How is that possible? Do their PP units go out blindfolded or with their laces tied together?

It is quite hard to imagine a PP more heinous. 

😀

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Look at the teams below them though - Kraken, Coyotes, Habs, and Flyers. The Devils have too much offensive talent to be behind those dregs. Even despite Recchi. 

19th in the league in goals for, and 28th in power play percentage. If that isn’t clear evidence of a sh!tty system being in place, I don’t know what is. 

• Like 1