GDT: It finally ends tonight - 1900

jagknife

Let's go Devils. The East is so strong this year, I don't know how much better our chances will be next season. It took a HUNDRED points to get into the post season, the Devils are going to need a few teams to fall off next year and get almost 20 more wins in the process.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Uh, no. The checklist is quite long. There better be MAJOR moves. 

Coaching 

goaltending

rhd 

I think addition by subtraction regarding Subban and maybe Zacha. Don’t see a need for adding any forwards. We just need to stay healthy but we have pretty good depth imo.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Coaching 

goaltending

rhd 

I think addition by subtraction regarding Subban and maybe Zacha. Don’t see a need for adding any forwards. We just need to stay healthy but we have pretty good depth imo.

Have you looked at our scoring minus the top 4 guys? It’s awful. If we can get a good wing we need to do it. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Have you looked at our scoring minus the top 4 guys? It’s awful. If we can get a good wing we need to do it. 

I mean, look at most teams “minus their top 4 guys.” I’d definitely be down to add a forward, but it’s not a huge need. At least not compared to goalie and defense (need to replace Subban’s minutes). The emergence of Bratt - and the need to pay him - probably takes us out of trying to land a top forward like Forsberg or Gaudreau (if either even hit the open market). Boqvist and Zetterlund should also both be on the team right out of camp next season at this point. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Also, these are crushing the Jersey jerseys…

They can wear something similar to what’s in the attachment if it means they made the playoffs.  Could care less about the jersey if it means they’re competing for a cup.

0110FF12-3AD9-4C14-9A17-1A36FA7CF790.jpeg

Just now, ajsgolf said:

They can wear something similar to what’s in the attachment if it means they made the playoffs.  Could care less about the jersey if it means they’re competing for a cup.

0110FF12-3AD9-4C14-9A17-1A36FA7CF790.jpeg

Personally, I’d love for them to be a Cup contender again and look great doing it. Just like it was back in the day. 

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I mean, look at most teams “minus their top 4 guys.” I’d definitely be down to add a forward, but it’s not a huge need. At least not compared to goalie and defense (need to replace Subban’s minutes). The emergence of Bratt - and the need to pay him - probably takes us out of trying to land a top forward like Forsberg or Gaudreau (if either even hit the open market). Boqvist and Zetterlund should also both be on the team right out of camp next season at this point. 

if we are pinning our hopes to Boqvist and Zetterlund that is a huge problem. Boqvist has shown signs of life and Zetterlund has 13 NHL games under his belt. 

I’m certainly not saying it’s our most emergent need. But we are far from all set. 

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Also, these are crushing the Jersey jerseys…

Yeah those are sharp. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

if we are pinning our hopes to Boqvist and Zetterlund that is a huge problem. Boqvist has shown signs of life and Zetterlund has 13 NHL games under his belt. 

I’m certainly not saying it’s our most emergent need. But we are far from all set. 

Ofc we aren’t pinning our hopes on those two. We’re pinning our hopes on our top guys. And they all took nice steps this season. Mercer should probably be good for about 20 goals next year. That would give us 5 right there. Whether or not Holtz will be ready to stick in the NHL by next season who knows, but our top 6 is shaping up pretty nicely. The rest are bottom 6 roles, and that’s probably Wood, Boqvist, Tatar, Zetterlund, Bastian, and Johnsson. 

12 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I would have bought these as 3rds in a heart beat

Same. 

• Like 1

Very likely Subban’s last game as a Devil. I won’t miss PK the hockey player all that much (especially the slew foots or the broken sticks after that ridiculous windup) but I will miss PK the the person. Guy brought a lot of fun as far as off the ice stuff, and seemed like a really good teammate. He probably has a little left in the tank still for a team that won’t need him to eat so many minutes. I wish him well (as long as he goes to a team I don’t hate). Probably be seeing him on the broadcasting side at some point. 

Hope this is Zacha’s last game as a Devil as well. Him I have nothing to say about, which I think perfectly encapsulates his tenure in NJ.

I’m 50/50 on whether or not Ruff will back (hope not), but this BETTER be it for Recchi and Nas. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Lemme know where the beer meetup is

@MadDog2020@Colorado Rockies 1976

I will!

BTW the black warmup jerseys tonight are way better than the black 3rds:

image.thumb.jpeg.b2b9906891623ca83e8f8fa40361591a.jpeg

• Like 2

Crisis we’re at the Play Up bar…I’m wearinn a Hischier military jersey.

I hope we can get better this off-season. I look forward to reading and posting on here. We are all great fans of this team and our passion for them deserves better than what we are getting. We will be better but changes have to be made. I look forward to our forum more than games anymore. 

now does anyone have a favorite for playoffs? 

will anyone be watching? 

I’ll watch to root against teams not root for. As long as rangers, penguins, bruins, panthers, lightning, avalanche, predators, and capitals don’t win I’ll be happy. Doesn’t leave much though.