GDT: It finally ends tonight - 1900

jagknife

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Didn’t watch but it sounds like the kids looked good and Blackwood looked bad? 

Also, happy for Nico. 60 points in 70 GP. 

I didn’t see the last goal against, but there were the typical defensive breakdowns on the first 3. Whatever at this point, we needed this loss to move up a draft position so the boys came through. 

Side note, it’s been a blast watching this sh!t show with all of you. For all of the fights and stuff, we still had a lot of fun and it’s always a good time hanging in a GDT with you guys. I didn’t get suspended and only one person declared they were blocking me, I consider that a success. 

Thanks guys, really. 

E1309F71-F070-40AF-B12E-4B704FCC1D79.gif

• Like 3

Blackwood isn't the guy. He's just as bad as Gillies. Hope the front office is aware of this. Tired of all the excuses. When he manages to not be injured he stinks it up. We keep being told how great he is. It's never his fault. He's the very definition of unreliable. That will never cut it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

Blackwood isn't the guy. He's just as bad as Gillies. Hope the front office is aware of this. Tired of all the excuses. When he manages to not be injured he stinks it up. We keep being told how great he is. It's never his fault. He's the very definition of unreliable. That will never cut it.

C’mon now. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

That’s just silly. 

10 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

I agree with the new guy. 

3 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

you want him back next year? cmon

I want to see what he can do with a decent defense in front of him. He got completely hung out to flirt in both of these games. Chico’s analysis on the radio broadcast on that issue was dead on, as he usually is. 

I think in all likelihood he will be here next year, whether he is the #1 or not is the issue I see. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I want to see what he can do with a decent defense in front of him. He got completely hung out to flirt in both of these games. Chico’s analysis on the radio broadcast on that issue was dead on, as he usually is. 

I think in all likelihood he will be here next year, whether he is the #1 or not is the issue I see. 

I hate being that guy, but i am done with mbw. even with our trash d he should've played better. i've seen enough of him and can't wait till we move on from this joke.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Blackwood wasn’t especially bad in either of these two games. 

LOLWUT...he wasn't bad?!  You can't be serious, dude looked like a 900-year old sumo wrestler trying to get back into position on goal #3 (although yes it would have helped if the rest of the D didn't also puck chase) and goal #4 cannot get through.  Goal #1 was trash too, an unscreened floater.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well, it’s over. Thank God. Glad I got to hang out with @Colorado Rockies 1976 and @Crisis while getting hammered to finish this sh!tshow of a season. 

I had a blast with you two tonight.  We are definitely doing this more often next season!

The game was what it was.  The season was what it was.  Your move(s) Fitz.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I had a blast with you two tonight.  We are definitely doing this more often next season!

The game was what it was.  The season was what it was.  Your move(s) Fitz.

Yeah man it was awesome! Great way to finish what was an otherwise sh!tty season 🍺

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

And on a side note…Holtz only had nine games with the big club this year, but man he seems…not fast.  At all.  This is a bit concerning.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And on a side note…Holtz only had nine games with the big club this year, but man he seems…not fast.  At all.  This is a bit concerning.  

I may have been a bit off on my ‘he’s going to dominate from the jump’ prediction…..

Edited by MadDog2020

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I may have been a bit off on my ‘he’s going to dominate from the jump’ prediction…..

DM84 saw him play against Lehigh Valley and mentioned his lack of speed, but I definitely saw it tonight.  Not like pure speed = success, but at the same time, I was surprised how slow he looked at times. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

DM84 saw him play against Lehigh Valley and mentioned his lack of speed, but I definitely saw it tonight.  Not like pure speed = success, but at the same time, I was surprised how slow he looked at times. 

I’m hoping that it’s just needing to adjust to the speed of the NHL game.  

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m hoping that it’s just needing to adjust to the speed of the NHL game.  

Same.  Not like he’s not going to get tons of chances to prove himself.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’ve not been impressed with him whatsoever at the NHL Level. 

• Like 1