GDT: It finally ends tonight - 1900

jagknife

34 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And on a side note…Holtz only had nine games with the big club this year, but man he seems…not fast.  At all.  This is a bit concerning.  

Get him with whoever helped improve Boqvist skating so much. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s just silly. 

How?   He's a bit better, but one avg to above avg season doesn't make him a good goalie.   Cory was actually better..

Kinkaid for 2017 was better then the last 2 cory 2.0 seasons.  Yea, he got lucky, but at least he could come up with a clutch save.  

Guess this is karma for having the best goalie in hockey history for his whole career (minus a handful of game).  Daws was the best one, but he needs more work. That's no a knock on him, he got called up way to early.

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I want to see what he can do with a decent defense in front of him. He got completely hung out to flirt in both of these games. Chico’s analysis on the radio broadcast on that issue was dead on, as he usually is. 

I think in all likelihood he will be here next year, whether he is the #1 or not is the issue I see. 

Hes garbage.  We won't win anything as long as he's our goalie.  All my ranger fan friends hope he comes back because they know he sucks. Also will injure himself again, it's the butterfly style. 

Yes. He had bad defense...but so did every devils goalie, so that's a constant variable for them all. His rebound control is awful,  one of the worst shootout goalies there are, not clutch at all, and is horrible tracking pucks that go behind his net.   You can argue daws had it worse when everyone went out for "covid", and not only had bad defense, but Ahl guys in front of him.  

Just buy him out, be done with this.  Get new goalies, and new coaches. 

20220429_205113.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ve not been impressed with him whatsoever at the NHL Level. 

Yeah I’m not panicking by any stretch, but usually you at least see some signs of what could be…some terrific scoring opportunities swallowed up by the opposing goalie, some slick moves here and there.  I’ve barely noticed Holtz at all when he’s been up here…the one time that I really did last night, it was when I thought he was going to pull away and get at least a nice shot…but he was easily caught by one of the Red Wings and snuffed out, mostly due to appearing to skate in slow motion.

I used to think he was a lock to make the team out of preseason next year…not so sure now.  Or if he does make it, I could see him getting sent back down after a rough start.  

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah man it was awesome! Great way to finish what was an otherwise sh!tty season 🍺

It was the only way that seemed fitting.  They say never meet your heros but you guys weren't so bad.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I’m not panicking by any stretch, but usually you at least see some signs of what could be…some terrific scoring opportunities swallowed up by the opposing goalie, some slick moves here and there.  I’ve barely noticed Holtz at all when he’s been up here…the one time that I really did last night, it was when I thought he was going to pull away and get at least a nice shot…but he was easily caught by one of the Red Wings and snuffed out, mostly due to appearing to skate in slow motion.

I used to think he was a lock to make the team out of preseason next year…not so sure now.  Or if he does make it, I could see him getting sent back down after a rough start.  

gotta let the kids that need it, marinade. Holtz has stunk ass so far in all his nhl games. I am more than fine letting him play in the ahl for another year. sucks cause we need scoring wingers for our boys, but it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

How?   He's a bit better, but one avg to above avg season doesn't make him a good goalie.   Cory was actually better..

Kinkaid for 2017 was better then the last 2 cory 2.0 seasons.  Yea, he got lucky, but at least he could come up with a clutch save.  

Guess this is karma for having the best goalie in hockey history for his whole career (minus a handful of game).  Daws was the best one, but he needs more work. That's no a knock on him, he got called up way to early.

Daws wasn’t better than Blackwood, arguably he was worse because he played during the part of the season where the team was scoring and playing defense. 

Out of all the Comets call-up, Holtz has actually looked the worst of the bunch  In the AHL he can get by on his shot as 1) goalies aren’t as good there and 2) it’s overall a slower league.  However in his time in the NHL just really showed how slow he really is. Yeah he can improve on it, but how many “slow” NHL players improve their skating at this point?  I really can’t think of many and they tend to be the exception rather than the rule.  I’m not giving up on him, but I’m getting very Reid Boucher vibes off of him.

Out of all the Comets call-ups, I think Zetterlund and Okhotiuk looked the best.  Both seem to be ready to jump to the NHL next season.  Foote seems to play better in the NHL for whatever reason, while Bahl to me has looked just meh.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying Blackwood is as bad as Gillies, but these past two games with him in net is concerning.  Unless he rights his ship and fast, I think at this point he is at best an NHL backup.

26 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Out of all the Comets call-up, Holtz has actually looked the worst of the bunch  In the AHL he can get by on his shot as 1) goalies aren’t as good there and 2) it’s overall a slower league.  However in his time in the NHL just really showed how slow he really is. Yeah he can improve on it, but how many “slow” NHL players improve their skating at this point?  I really can’t think of many and they tend to be the exception rather than the rule.  I’m not giving up on him, but I’m getting very Reid Boucher vibes off of him.

Out of all the Comets call-ups, I think Zetterlund and Okhotiuk looked the best.  Both seem to be ready to jump to the NHL next season.  Foote seems to play better in the NHL for whatever reason, while Bahl to me has looked just meh.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying Blackwood is as bad as Gillies, but these past two games with him in net is concerning.  Unless he rights his ship and fast, I think at this point he is at best an NHL backup.

holtz doesn't have to play fast. he just needs to bury the biscuit. if he can score at an nhl level he would look nice next to jack. 

10 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Not to be the NJDevs Vince McMahon but isn't it time to bring back our resident Paul Heyman vs Paul Bearer?

A.K.A.

@MB3 and the other guy?

Not that we’re a democracy, but I vote to bring them back also. Miss those fvckers. 

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

So I got pretty drunk yesterday…missed the game… now I’m paying for my alcohol sins

also, my rank of sh!tty hangovers:

1) IPAs

2) Hefes (new contender)

3) anything sour

Hmm…I’m a big craft beer guy and I can’t say I can really differentiate between what style gives worse hangovers over others. All I know is wine and liquor are both way worse than any beer. 

25 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s been a lot more civil without them. That’s all I’ll say. 

More boring, too…

I hope both come back. 

35 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

More boring, too…

I hope both come back. 

Have to agree, banning the more colorful characters doesn’t help a board much, IMHO. Not that it wasn’t justified, but to the extent either of them are going to learn a lesson, it’s been done. 

If anything we lost two games of “Mackenzie” jokes, who knows what else @MB3would have revealed…

And we made @SterioDesignmiss out on the day he has been waiting for for years, PK’s last day. Talk about a punishment…

1 minute ago, EdgeControl said:

that was a panful year, thank goodness for bratt and jack bringing me back from the ledge

So you are literally saying you were on the Edge and maintained Control…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1