GDT: It finally ends tonight - 1900

jagknife

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

So if you hit the little drop down menu and then scroll over to "ignore" you can enjoy your milk and your toast without me! 

Milk and toast…I see what you did there. Other than make a sh!tty snack. 

Just now, MB3 said:

You are extraordinarily far from dull. Just, remarkably, nobody takes your bait when me and SD are gone. It was just kind of an echo chamber of old men yelling at clouds, and the occasional pecker joke from mfitz. 

Hey my pecker jokes are constant, not occasional. 

#Offended

#PinizynSeider

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

You are extraordinarily far from dull. Just, remarkably, nobody takes your bait when me and SD are gone. It was just kind of an echo chamber of old men yelling at clouds, and the occasional pecker joke from mfitz. 

Because no one has a rage problem like you do.  The board was 1000x better without you constantly throwing insults over the slightest bit of disagreement with you.  Maybe if your ban was long enough, we could have gotten new members to come aboard without you gatekeeping and driving them off like you have been for over a decade now.

• Like 1

Just now, MB3 said:

My hombre, I got no issues with you. If you don't like me, hit ignore. 

You literally have a rage issue.  You and your compadre caused minimum 90% of the issues on this board.  You really don't know how to deal with people.

I know what this is right now.  You will behave for 1-2 months before you go back to your angry little dude schitck.  Has happened several times before and will certainly happen again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Since when have I behaved for 1-2 months?

Anyway, I'm turning a new chapter and using the ignore feature liberally. It'll probably be just me and mfitz exchanging gatorade jokes and I'll be honest with you, that sounds good to me! Best of luck in the future, angry fella. 

If you say so.  I won't miss you raging on members out of nowhere and crying about posters mentioning your wife when you literally post pics of her and mention her any chance you can get.  You probably saw in your lurking that I am far from the only person who enjoyed this board a lot more when you weren't posting.

You really are the most angry, insecure person I have probably ever met and I expect you to go back to your own ways soon.  I was hoping DM would have seen how much smoother things were here without you and your friend and make it a permanent ban, but I guess I live in a fantasy world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

You will behave for 1-2 months before you go back to your angry little dude schitck.  Has happened several times before and will certainly happen again.

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Since when have I behaved for 1-2 months?

It’s a fair question. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It'll probably be just me and mfitz exchanging gatorade jokes and I'll be honest with you, that sounds good to me! 

I was doing it on my own while you were gone. Especially when Mackenzie came back lol. 

EAEBFA2E-7F80-46E4-B781-7D3AE88F128A.gif

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Real story I saw Gordon Ramsey eating a sub at Wegmans in eatontown and I asked if he liked it and he said "I dunno mate it's a sub, yeah it's fine" and I had no follow up questions and we looked at eachother for like 20 full seconds and I apologized and left and I still randomly will think about that moment when I'm trying to go to sleep.

I mean it could have gone worse, he could have palmed two halves of the sub either side of your face, called you a twat sandwich and told you to fvck off. I would take it as a win. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I mean it could have gone worse, he could have palmed two halves of the sub either side of your face, called you a twat sandwich and told you to fvck off. I would take it as a win. 

I mean it would be a way cooler story if Ramsay had called him a twat sandwich...

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

On the "celeb sighting gone bad" front...once a co-worker and I were flying back to NJ out of Denver, and waiting to board our plane happens to be former presidential candidate John McCain...my co-worker was immediately star-struck, and decided to go over to where McCain was seated outside our gate and say hello to him...I didn't go with him, but was close enough to hear the very brief exchange:

My co-worker:  "Hello, Mr. McCain, nice to..."

Mr. McCain (with an absolute death stare):  "I'm on the phone" (he was indeed)

When we later boarded the plane, we had to walk by him (he of course was in first class), and McCain did EVERYTHING that he could to avoid making any kind of eye contact with my cohort...think he would've crawled under the seat or nestled his head into the lap of the person next to him, if it came to that.  I basically told my co-worker, "Well, look at the bright side...he's probably going to go home and tell everyone about some a$$hole who was bugging him in an airport while he was on an important phone call...that's how he'll always remember you...you've made your mark."  Pretty sure that didn't cheer him up any, but oh well. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I triple-doggy dare you to show me how this pent up vitriol is my fault. I added them to mute, I suggested they do the same to me, and I was met with more comments about my wife which again is very odd. 

Dog Running GIF by Nickelodeon

Getting shorter :(

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

On the "celeb sighting gone bad" front...once a co-worker and I were flying back to NJ out of Denver, and waiting to board our plane happens to be former presidential candidate John McCain...my co-worker was immediately star-struck, and decided to go over to where McCain was seated outside our gate and say hello to him...I didn't go with him, but was close enough to hear the very brief exchange:

My co-worker:  "Hello, Mr. McCain, nice to..."

Mr. McCain (with an absolute death stare):  "I'm on the phone" (he was indeed)

When we later boarded the plane, we had to walk by him (he of course was in first glass), and McCain did EVERYTHING that he could to avoid making any kind of eye contact with my cohort...think he would've crawled under the seat or nestled his head into the lap of the person next to him, if it came to that.  I basically told my co-worker, "Well, look at the bright...he's probably going to go home and tell everyone about some a$$hole who was bugging him in an airport while he was on an important phone call...that's how he'll always remember you...you've made your mark."  Pretty sure that didn't cheer him up any, but oh well. 

Ouch, yeah that is embarrassing. 

Working in central London I have seen plenty of celebs on the day to day. I have never approached any of them because I am worried it will play out like it did above. 

Also when the NHL came to Prague I went across with my friends. We are walking down the street and I saw this giant man walking towards us. It took a few seconds to click that it was Chara, he looked at me I looked at him, he was expecting me to ask for something and sort of awkwardly paused in his stride and I just stared back and then kept walking with my friends who had no idea who he was (me being the only person who was there for the hockey).

Later on in the trip we stumbled across the Bruins hotel and my friend dragged me over to the area some of the players were standing to say hi. The end result was I got a guidebook to Prague signed by NHL legend Dennis Seidenberg , rather than Zedeno Chara. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

All but five of us have apparently made the dullard list...hope there's a lot of ink in that pen.  Oh well, I'm sure I've been called worse at some point.

Guess I’m dull too. Oh well. Don’t how I’ll sleep tonight, but I’ll figure it out. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Ouch, yeah that is embarrassing. 

Working in central London I have seen plenty of celebs on the day to day. I have never approached any of them because I am worried it will play out like it did above. 

Well to be fair, if CR’s friend saw that McCain was on the phone and tried talking to him anyway, that’s kind of a stupid move. If you see someone on the phone, don’t interrupt them. Now- if CR’s friend truly didn’t realize it, then McCain is an a$$hole for not later apologizing and instead avoiding eye contact like a jerk. I wouldn’t hesitate to approach a celebrity if they clearly are not preoccupied to say a quick ‘hello I’m a fan’ or whatever, but interrupting people is just something I wouldn’t do, whether it be talking on the phone, eating, etc. 

• Like 1

I have run into celebrities a lot, mostly in Manhattan or downtown Brooklyn, where they film a lot of shows. The challenge I accept is to try to strike up a conversation with them as if I had no idea who they were. 

I can tell you this blind item: I have the cell number of a very well known celebrity in my phone who knows me by name and we occasionally text about things that we have going on. But I will never reveal who it is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I can tell you this blind item: I have the cell number of a very well known celebrity in my phone who knows me by name and we occasionally text about things that we have going on. But I will never reveal who it is. 

Oh come on…. You can’t do that to us man! 🤣

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well to be fair, if CR’s friend saw that McCain was on the phone and tried talking to him anyway, that’s kind of a stupid move. If you see someone on the phone, don’t interrupt them. Now- if CR’s friend truly didn’t realize it, then McCain is an a$$hole for not later apologizing and instead avoiding eye contact like a jerk. I wouldn’t hesitate to approach a celebrity if they clearly are not preoccupied to say a quick ‘hello I’m a fan’ or whatever, but interrupting people is just something I wouldn’t do, whether it be talking on the phone, eating, etc. 

I don’t think my co-worker saw that McCain was on his phone until it was too late…and who knows what McCain was tied up with at the moment.  One of those unfortunate events where things came together badly.  

• Like 1