Jump to content

2022 Off-Season thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This seems like a weird concern. Why in the world would having a 3rd brother on the team “create drama?”

He does look like a fvcking drama queen. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Nicomo said:

This seems like a weird concern. Why in the world would having a 3rd brother on the team “create drama?”

I think that it could lead to be a distraction. Why do we need their whole family on one team? There’s no other players that are good enough to be traded for? This is ridiculous. Might as well change the team name to the New Jersey Hughes brothers and friends 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I think that it could lead to be a distraction. Why do we need their whole family on one team? There’s no other players that are good enough to be traded for? This is ridiculous. Might as well change the team name to the New Jersey Hughes brothers and friends 

Black alts now say “Hughes” instead of “Jersey”. I’m down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Black alts now say “Hughes” instead of “Jersey”. I’m down. 

Those were another major fvck up. Blew a great opportunity to roll out an awesome third jersey. They wore black jerseys for something I can’t remember a warm up or something not that long ago and they looked fvcking awesome. It was just the Nj without the circle around it.. it was straight fire. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 2ELIAS6 said:

Those were another major fvck up. Blew a great opportunity to roll out an awesome third jersey. They wore black jerseys for something I can’t remember a warm up or something not that long ago and they looked fvcking awesome. It was just the Nj without the circle around it.. it was straight fire. 

They were too plain to be game jerseys, but they definitely could have worked from that and made a better jersey. Even the existing black Alt with all of its stripes would have been better with the plain NJ. Even if they Layered it in white red and black like they did the “Jersey”. Would have been a huge (and simple) improvement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

They were too plain to be game jerseys, but they definitely could have worked from that and made a better jersey. Even the existing black Alt with all of its stripes would have been better with the plain NJ. Even if they Layered it in white red and black like they did the “Jersey”. Would have been a huge (and simple) improvement. 

Yea we’ll, now we’re stuck with these eye sores that don’t seem like they’re going anywhere anytime soon. Felt like they were wearing them every other game at the end of the season. It’s almost like they knew they fvcked up and we’re embarrassed so to try making it better they rolled out ugly ass “hat” hats… I mean who the fvck is going to walk around wearing a hat that says “hat” on the front of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Yea we’ll, now we’re stuck with these eye sores that don’t seem like they’re going anywhere anytime soon. Felt like they were wearing them every other game at the end of the season. It’s almost like they knew they fvcked up and we’re embarrassed so to try making it better they rolled out ugly ass “hat” hats… I mean who the fvck is going to walk around wearing a hat that says “hat” on the front of it. 

I’ve seen people wearing them at games. I wouldn’t. Especially not with my Jersey jersey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I think that it could lead to be a distraction. Why do we need their whole family on one team? There’s no other players that are good enough to be traded for? This is ridiculous. Might as well change the team name to the New Jersey Hughes brothers and friends 

I wouldn't be opposed to them playing here one bit.  I don't see why their being related would be any major issue.  Two of them have already shown themselves be terrific NHLers, and the other one at this point is certainly projected to be one...and two of them play positions where the Devils are far from stocked.  It feels like you're looking for a potential negative where there probably isn't going to be one. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

They were too plain to be game jerseys, but they definitely could have worked from that and made a better jersey. Even the existing black Alt with all of its stripes would have been better with the plain NJ. Even if they Layered it in white red and black like they did the “Jersey”. Would have been a huge (and simple) improvement. 

Re:  the Jersey jerseys, I think if they had gone with red in between the white stripes, taken the white NJ off the Fan Appreciation warmup jerseys and like you said added that 3D red layer behind it, that would've been pretty cool.  But like I've said a bunch, sure seems like a boatload of fans like the Jersey jerseys as they are...and yeah, seeing my share of Hat hats as well.  Wish this whole thing hadn't become fodder for unintended humor.  Especially since the black jerseys had so much potential to be awesome...I still look at MB3's design and think it absolutely kills.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do think the Hat hat kind of owns the joke, like l8”if you are going to make fun of this jersey, how about THIS??”. 

Im not sure the joke landed though, because while it was funny to think of a Hat hat, but it seems kind of lame to own/wear one in my opinion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my opinion, the team can't jump around. It has three fundamental problems. Goal tending, improving the defense and then scoring. They must nail one foot to the floor, which is goal tending. Then adding one at least experience, Defenseman, and if it were me, I can't risk going any further with Severson so he goes and gets replaced with someone with experience. So that is two experience defensemen at a minimum. Then they need to get some scoring wingers for Nico and Hughes.  Will these changes make them a team that can make the playoff? NO because they need to replace the coaching staff. That has started but Ruff has to go as well. I don't think that is in Fitz's program, I see him keeping Ruff and hoping he can get a better assistant coach and another offensive coach. While that might be a bandaid, the head coach calls the shots. Rough works well with kids. Kids don't make the playoffs. Just my two cents. If they don't make the playoffs this coming season, then Fitz is done along with the idea of them making the playoffs anytime soon. The owners have been spoiled with attendees while putting crap on the ice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gotta think this is Lou’s last hire. If it works he’ll coach a few years at least and 79 year old Lou will finally give it up. If it doesn’t, no way he gets another shot. 

Also Lane Lambert sounds like a one of those guys that got beat up every week on wrestling when I was a kid in the 80’s

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Gotta think this is Lou’s last hire. If it works he’ll coach a few years at least and 79 year old Lou will finally give it up. If it doesn’t, no way he gets another shot. 

Also Lane Lambert sounds like a one of those guys that got beat up every week on wrestling when I was a kid in the 80’s

That or an overprivileged fraternity jock in an 80’s college movie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Lane Lamberts dad is definitely gonna shut down the youth center if we don’t win the soap box derby. 

He is 2022 draft prospect Brad Lambert's dad. So if the Islanders draft Brad  it could be Lane shutting down the youth centre. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

He is 2022 draft prospect Brad Lambert's dad. So if the Islanders draft Brad  it could be Lane shutting down the youth centre. 

Well played. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Gotta think this is Lou’s last hire. If it works he’ll coach a few years at least and 79 year old Lou will finally give it up. If it doesn’t, no way he gets another shot. 

Also Lane Lambert sounds like a one of those guys that got beat up every week on wrestling when I was a kid in the 80’s

He also looks like Rod Brind'Amour...

 

just before Rod got bludgeoned with the ugly stick. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

https://folobooks.com/review-time-on-tom-fitzgerald-general-manager-of-the-new-jersey-devils/

I'm just sharing this because the amount of times they misspelled people's names in this article is incredible impressive.

Good lord that’s one of the most poorly written articles that I’ve ever read.  Brutal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2022 at 10:54 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He also looks like Rod Brind'Amour...

 

just before Rod got bludgeoned with the ugly stick. 

Brind'Amour looks like Joe Camel

Edited by CarpathianForest
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CarpathianForest said:

Brind'Amour looks like Joe Camel

Confirmed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.