2022 Off-Season thread

MadDog2020

7 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Every time I see someone talk about Lundqvist "handing the crown over" to Sh1tstain, I'm like:

'yeah, let's hope the Rangers waste another elite goalie's prime career years to win jack sh!t, I'm here for it."

I’d be happy with that. They had the same gameplan every year of riding Lundqvist until he couldn’t carry them anymore. I’m hoping they do the same with this guy and then he takes 15 million bucks to go back to Russia. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’d be happy with that. They had the same gameplan every year of riding Lundqvist until he couldn’t carry them anymore. I’m hoping they do the same with this guy and then he takes 15 million bucks to go back to Russia. 

I hope it happens today lol. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

100% certain if any other poster here said the same thing I was he would believe it.

fvck right off with this.  You said that both Abbey and Chris Ryan have both come out and publicly stated that the Devils have threatened to take their media credentials away if they asked tough questions and you have failed to prove that it actually was said.  That's literally it.  I just want to see where this was said.  JFC.

Edited by Crisis

the idea of henrik lundqvist passing a “crown” to shesterkin is so fvcking funny. 

he won…. one vezina trophy? did tim thomas (2 vezinas and a cup) pass down his crown to tukka?

hanky wore pads from mattress firm, was a great goalie for like 7 years, won absolutely fvcking nothing and if you ask a rangers fan today they’d tell you without blinking hes one of the 2 or 3 best goalies of all time. If you look for any 5-year stretch, I don’t think you can use your CR-1976-level selection bias to spit him out as the best goalie in the NHL at that time. You look at Brodeur winning 4 vezinas in a 5 year stretch. Roy winning 3 in 4. Hasek winning 5 in 6. Even Vasilevski winning a vezina and making 4 finals and 2 cups (possibly three?) in a 6 year stretch. Find me something similar for Queen Ringless?  

there isn’t another franchise in sports — any sport — that jerks off into their own mouth trying to invent a storied history that doesn’t exist more than the Rangers. I’d almost feel bad for them if I didn’t loathe those cockroaches too much.

Edited by MB3
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

the idea of henrik lundqvist passing a “crown” to shesterkin is so fvcking funny. 

he won…. one vezina trophy? did tim thomas (2 vezinas and a cup) pass down his crown to tukka?

hanky wore pads from mattress firm, was a great goalie for like 7 years, won absolutely fvcking nothing and if you ask a rangers fan today they’d tell you without blinking hes one of the 2 or 3 best goalies of all time. If you look for any 5-year stretch, I don’t think you can use your CR-1976-level selection bias to spit him out as the best goalie in the NHL at that time. You look at Brodeur winning 4 vezinas in a 5 year stretch. Roy winning 3 in 4. Hasek winning 5 in 6. Even Vasilevski winning a vezina and making 4 finals and 2 cups (possibly three?) in a 6 year stretch. Find me something similar for Queen Ringless?  

there isn’t another franchise in sports — any sport — that jerks off into their own mouth trying to invent a storied history that doesn’t exist more than the Rangers. I’d almost feel bad for them if I didn’t loathe those cockroaches too much.

Just consider yourself lucky you don't understand french and follow Habs media and fans. 

Cause you can trust me on this one. There is another franchise. There is. 

Just imagine if the Rangers won 24 cups (back to when there was like 6 teams or less, no international players, no cap and they could just sign any top prospects every year)... just.... imagine what the media and fans in NY would do with that...

Again, you're lucky you don't understand french.

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

A lot of it is the MSG and NY media BS machine. They pump every player to insane levels (when the NY papers and radio aren’t ignoring hockey all together) and they act like every rookie is a Calder Cup winner in the making. I still remember hearing about future superstars like Artem Anisomov, Brandon Dubinsky and Matt Gilroy who were going to run the league with NY for years to come. 

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Lundqvist is definitely a Hall of Famer, and from 2011-12 through 2014-15 could've won a Cup with better teams in front of him (look at his playoff numbers for that time period...wasn't really on him that his teams couldn't give him more goal support).

He was among the very very good during his prime years, but no way that I'd put him in the "Best of All Time" category (and yeah, there's Rangers fans who probably have him in the Top 5, which I definitely think is too high).  Obviously lots of eras to consider, but I'd say that Lundqvist belongs in the lower end of the Top 15.     

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

fvck right off with this.  You said that both Abbey and Chris Ryan have both come out and publicly stated that the Devils have threatened to take their media credentials away if they asked tough questions and you have failed to prove that it actually was said.  That's literally it.  I just want to see where this was said.  JFC.

lol and I told you before that I am blocked by both.  If I wasn't and had some time on the side to search through 3-4 year old tweets of theirs, I might oblige.

But I am still 100% convinced if another poster made the same post as me you would be inclined to believe them.  I guess breaking the Blackwood news wasn't enough to overcome my reputation lol.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Just consider yourself lucky you don't understand french and follow Habs media and fans. 

What’s French for “jerks off into their own mouth”, I bet it sounds beautiful. 

Edited by mfitz804

Larry Brooks thinks we need Pep: https://nypost.com/2022/06/18/claude-lemieux-is-exactly-what-devils-need-in-next-leader/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPostSportsFacebook&fbclid=IwAR3i76YISrzZMa2V5Q1jr2duMmvhssl1QNn7nYhDYYga8ize1fpKJcWXQoY&fs=e&s=cl 

So the Flyers upped the ante; losing in the first round wasn’t good enough for Boston; Vegas is making yet another move for a (slightly tarnished) new toy behind the bench; Winnipeg (among others) is waiting on Barry Trotz; the Islanders have made their move; Dallas is searching for a coach; Steve Yzerman is on the lookout in Detroit; there is an unusually large pool of available coaching candidates, but nope, the Devils are good, they’ll just stand pat with Lindy Ruff after another disastrous season on the ice.

Nine playoff misses in the last 10 years for an organization that left its championship pedigree behind at Exit 16W and possesses an apparent lack of will within ownership to address the issue, which might actually be ownership’s unwillingness to turn things over to an autonomous, independent-thinking hockey person who has a history of Stanley Cups on his résumé.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Brunette finished second in Jack Adam’s voting. What a strange move. I like Maurice a lot but that may be a bit of a knee jerk reaction 

Maurice is a clear upgrade. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Larry Brooks thinks we need Pep: https://nypost.com/2022/06/18/claude-lemieux-is-exactly-what-devils-need-in-next-leader/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPostSportsFacebook&fbclid=IwAR3i76YISrzZMa2V5Q1jr2duMmvhssl1QNn7nYhDYYga8ize1fpKJcWXQoY&fs=e&s=cl 

So the Flyers upped the ante; losing in the first round wasn’t good enough for Boston; Vegas is making yet another move for a (slightly tarnished) new toy behind the bench; Winnipeg (among others) is waiting on Barry Trotz; the Islanders have made their move; Dallas is searching for a coach; Steve Yzerman is on the lookout in Detroit; there is an unusually large pool of available coaching candidates, but nope, the Devils are good, they’ll just stand pat with Lindy Ruff after another disastrous season on the ice.

Nine playoff misses in the last 10 years for an organization that left its championship pedigree behind at Exit 16W and possesses an apparent lack of will within ownership to address the issue, which might actually be ownership’s unwillingness to turn things over to an autonomous, independent-thinking hockey person who has a history of Stanley Cups on his résumé.

And ask Stevens to join as the D coach. We have Marty in the front office now...maybe have him reach out to both? Couldnt be worse than the Ruff/Nass combo. And even if Stevens declines I'd still ask Lemieux. I would also ask Elias if he's interested in coaching and get him involved. These guys arent just former players, they're very intelligent when it comes to the game and could benefit our young group.

With that said, we all know such a scenario is a pipedream and the owners are sticking with Ruff and whoever Fitz gives him as assistants.

Nostalgia hires aside, I dont think we'll ever see a high profile coach like Trotz here either. The owners prefer to keep the coaching staff on a low budget compared to other organizations. They seem to be more interested in good PR and showcasing our top draft picks than investing in a quality staff that can help put it all together. 

What we see now is likely what we're going to be with. 

Edited by slasher72

50 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Go Brooksie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Maurice is a clear upgrade. 

He is. Firing a Jack Adam’s finalist is just a very gutsy move and the sign of a team that is basically refusing to accept anything but success. Florida has become a very different franchise in the last few years. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Brunette finished second in Jack Adam’s voting. What a strange move. I like Maurice a lot but that may be a bit of a knee jerk reaction 

Jack Adam is another award voted by the broadcasters and media

They just vote based on results ignoring context. They are the same ones voting for guys like Subban or Karlsson for the norris as "best overall dman" when both can't play D for sh!t, they just look at points total. And the same ones voting for coaches having a stacked team. 

I was thinking: If the rumors are true that Johnny Hockey wants back to the east coast, our odds surely depend on how he feels about Torts as a head coach, right? Like if he thinks "well fvck that guy" we have to at least have a puncher's chance. Or is this 8% beer after a 7 mile run in this awful heat getting to me quick....🤔

On 6/22/2022 at 11:01 AM, MB3 said:

Well said!