2022 Off-Season thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Draft odds have been released, we have an 8.5% chance at 1OA. Montreal has the best chance at 18.5%. 

Let’s hope we have lucky balls. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/2022-nhl-draft-lottery-odds/c-333655768

Screenshot_20220502-143703_Firefox.thumb.jpg.18ce378c531e6df5f98f0d9bf7160c8f.jpg

Most likely 6th overall.

Still not a fan of the fact you are actually more likely to finish one place worse off that where you finish. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 8:43 PM, jagknife said:

Brooks saying what our team employed reporters are not allowed to report and what non-team employed reporters are too chicken sh!t to report.

He is encapsulating what I have been seeing from these owners the last few years and why I have turned from one of their biggest supporters to one of their biggest critics.  Their priorities seem to be mixed up and it seems like losing doesn't really seem to faze them.  They are not billionaire owners like Cohen with the Mets who is a super-rich guy who sees the team as an expensive toy that they can get their competitiveness out and are largely hands-off.  These are billionaire owners who are hands-off but view the team as an asset in a portfolio of assets as they are collecting teams like Infinity Stones and they are looking for the best ROI and not wins.

• Like 2

Stein is reporting that Lindy Ruff is speaking at 1PM after his exit interview.  Typically if he is speaking to the media today at 1 it looks like he will be hanging around for another year.  He could still get fired later in the off-season, but it doesn't look good.

• Angry 1

25 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Stein is reporting that Lindy Ruff is speaking at 1PM after his exit interview.  Typically if he is speaking to the media today at 1 it looks like he will be hanging around for another year.  He could still get fired later in the off-season, but it doesn't look good.

If he says everyone is coming back with him, I’m gonna start watching Connor Bedard highlights. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

If any part of the process involves this staff getting next season…than I am done with the process.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If any part of the process involves this staff getting next season…than I am done with the process.

Fitz/management have been planting the seeds of Ruff returning next season for months.  I’m almost certain he’s returning next season.

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Fitz/management have been planting the seeds of Ruff returning next season for months.  I’m almost certain he’s returning next season.

They all are gonna be, we aren’t lucky enough for Fitz to be proactive and truly have an unbiased opinion on his two little buddies

29 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

If he says everyone is coming back with him, I’m gonna start watching Connor Bedard highlights. 

I’m gonna go slit my wrists 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Just came to mention this. 

It’s so nice to have guys like Patty and Sarge involved with helping our young players. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, jagknife said:

They all are gonna be, we aren’t lucky enough for Fitz to be proactive and truly have an unbiased opinion on his two little buddies

I do think Recchi might be gone at least. You just can’t ignore how bad the power play was the last 2 years. 

16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Just came to mention this. 

It’s so nice to have guys like Patty and Sarge involved with helping our young players. 

Good, ask him if he was an assistant coach role at the NHL level and force Dying Chia Pet out.

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I do think Recchi might be gone at least. You just can’t ignore how bad the power play was the last 2 years. 

Logic would dictate him being gone but logic has gone out the window recently

The coaching staff are getting good reviews. But it's all from the young guys. Have to wonder if they just like what they know and are being kind, or are a bit naive to the game. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Is two years the limit? Because they have definitely ignored it that long. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Is two years the limit? Because they have definitely ignored it that long. 

I’d like to think after a brutal first season running the power play he was given one more shot - and he blew it. Should be enough of a sample size at this point.

Unlike Ruff - who can at least take some credit for the progress of the young guys, or Nas - who’s PK is at least average (plus a couple of his guys like Siegenthaler and Severson had nice seasons), Recchi doesn’t really have much of a case for keeping his job. 

What I'm hoping is happening:

Fitz does want to move on from the current staff, but ownership isn't bullish on canning coaches that they'll still have to pay.

Fitz is able to convince the owners that moving on from Ruff and Co is the right move, but ownership basically tells Fitz he either gets it right with the next staff or he's out next.

That's a hell of lot better than those guys coming back...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Don’t mind Lindy staying another year (Jack and Nico seem to like him) so long as the assistants are out the door. That is the non negotiable for me.

Just now, devlman said:

Don’t mind Lindy staying another year (Jack and Nico seem to like him) so long as the assistants are out the door. That is the non negotiable for me.

Bratt was talking him up today, too. The young guys definitely like him. And that’s a player Ruff healthy scratched early in the season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

My fear is whether we'll get one without the other.