End of season Poll

Chimaira_Devil_#9

End of Season Review - Just how bad was it?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Based on my expectations at the start of the season the Devil's have:

• Greatly exceeded my expectation
    • Exceeded my expectation
    • About what I expected
    • Below what I expected
    • Greatly below what I expected
  2. 2. Who has been our MVP for the season?

• Jack Hughes
    • Jesper Bratt
    • Nico Hischier
    • Damon Severson
    • Dawson Mercer
    • Other
  3. 3. Who has been the most disappointing

• McKenzie Blackwood
    • Janne Kuokkanen
    • Andreas Johnnson
    • Tomas Tatar
    • Jonathan Bernier
    • Ty Smith
    • Anyone who suited up in Goal
    • Pavel Zacha
    • Dougie Hamilton
    • Other
  4. 4. Most pleasant surprise of the season?

• Dawson Mercer
    • Jesper Bratt
    • Nico Hischier
    • Yegor Sharangovich
    • Ryan Graves
    • PK Subban
    • Other
    • Jonas Siegenthaler
  5. 5. If you were the GM what would be the first thing you would address this off-season other than the coaches

• Goaltender
    • Left wing
    • Jasper Bratts contract
    • Top pair D man
    • I refuse to make a selection until the coaches are gone.

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

I used to think he had skill but is he a good skater? Not particularly. He’s average. Is he a good stick handler? Again, average. Good shot? That’s the myth. His shot really isn’t very good. How many time does he miss the net completely. 

Regardless, he’s frustrating.

He’s got a hard shot, but not an accurate one. Big difference. Can’t even call him a discount Fulton Reed either - as toughness and Pavel Zacha can never be used together in the same sentence. 

40 minutes ago, devlman said:

I could give him a pass for being injured but, after being able really reflect back, his poor rebound control goes back multiple years now to be honest. I wonder how much gains he can make in that department in the offseason.

Well that would be even less of a reason for him to be the biggest disappointment this season, if you already knew about it you shouldn’t have been disappointed. 

35 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s got a hard shot, but not an accurate one. Big difference. Can’t even call him a discount Fulton Reed either - as toughness and Pavel Zacha can never be used together in the same sentence

Pavel Zacha lacks toughness. 

Was pretty easy, actually. You even did it in your post lol. 

Edited by mfitz804

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well that would be even less of a reason for him to be the biggest disappointment this season, if you already knew about it you shouldn’t have been disappointed. 

Pavel Zacha packs toughness. 

Was pretty easy, actually. You even did it in your post lol. 

Packs?

25 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

If anyone would like to see some stupid answers from the people the Devil's pay to know about hockey then check this link out. 

Mind boggling.

So Amanda Stein thinks SIEGENTHALER is the team MVP. K. 

• Like 1

Never misses an opportunity to remind us to pat her on the back or pretend she’s on the team:

Also, I too am a human being and they’ve fvcked with my mental well being for multiple years. So they can piss off.

Edited by devlman

14 minutes ago, devlman said:

Never misses an opportunity to remind us to pat her on the back or pretend she’s on the team:

Also, I too am a human being and they’ve fvcked with my mental well being for multiple years. So they can piss off.

She has been grating on me more this year as the season has gone on. But my tolerance for anything associated with the organisation has greatly decreased. 

I guess she spends a lot of time around the team so she will be close to them all. But it's a bit cringe at times. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Also picked Daws over Mercer for rookie of the year...

I get that if all three of them said exactly the same thing it wouldn't be much of an article. But at the same time some of those picks are ridiculous. 

Amanda picking Miles Wood as the most underrated player? He's not going to sleep with you Amanda. 

Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

She has been grating on me more this year as the season has gone on. But my tolerance for anything associated with the organisation has greatly decreased. 

I guess she spends a lot of time around the team so she will be close to them all. But it's a bit cringe at times. 

Yeah something about her is just kinda annoying...and like you just said, cringey.  She reminds me of Chester for some reason (The little dog from the below cartoon who's always yipping "Spike spike hey spike!")...basically "PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"

http://www.cartoonbucket.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Spike-And-Chester.jpg

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah something about her is just kinda annoying...and like you just said, cringey.  She reminds me of Chester for some reason (The little dog from the below cartoon who's always yipping "Spike spike hey spike!")...basically "PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"

http://www.cartoonbucket.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Spike-And-Chester.jpg

Someone needa to Photoshop Miles and Amanda's faces onto that picture. 

• Haha 1

The only thing I can think of for her answers is that she is desperately trying to come off as either edgy or as the smartest person in the room.

Now that there are no more independent reporters covering the Devils, Amanda has gotten more and more attention from even casual fans.  That has not only exposed her for what she is, but also has helped inflate her ego even more.  Doesn't help most of her replies are from "YASSSS Queen!" type of girls/women and sad, thirsty men who fight her battles for her.

At this point she is what she is.  The reporter who I am really down on now is Shayna from the Athletic.  I get she is not a beat reporter and is more of an analyst like Corey, but the idea that she could cover both the Devils and Rangers equally (LOL!) is just asinine.  At least 80% of her coverage since she took over is about the Rangers and I get they are in the playoffs and we are not, but damn is she just a poor replacement for a guy who I didn't think highly of.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Amanda picking Miles Wood as the most underrated player? He's not going to sleep with you Amanda. 

The most underrated player of 2021-22. He played 3 games and had 0 points. Did she not understand the question?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

The only thing I can think of for her answers is that she is desperately trying to come off as either edgy or as the smartest person in the room.

Now that there are no more independent reporters covering the Devils, Amanda has gotten more and more attention from even casual fans.  That has not only exposed her for what she is, but also has helped inflate her ego even more.  Doesn't help most of her replies are from "YASSSS Queen!" type of girls/women and sad, thirsty men who fight her battles for her.

At this point she is what she is.  The reporter who I am really down on now is Shayna from the Athletic.  I get she is not a beat reporter and is more of an analyst like Corey, but the idea that she could cover both the Devils and Rangers equally (LOL!) is just asinine.  At least 80% of her coverage since she took over is about the Rangers and I get they are in the playoffs and we are not, but damn is she just a poor replacement for a guy who I didn't think highly of.

Shayna is a good reporter and had plenty of good reads this , but she has basically been given an impossible task. 

Really do need to look at my subscription for next year though, they said they were going to sort it out and it just hasn't happened. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

The most underrated player of 2021-22. He played 3 games and had 0 points. Did she not understand the question?

Her reasoning was that he is underrated because they felt his missing presence.  It's a really feeble attempt to be clever/smart.

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Her reasoning is just bizzare. Something about how much the team missed him this year shows how much he means to the team. 

4 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Shayna is a good reporter and had plenty of good reads this , but she has basically been given an impossible task. 

Really do need to look at my subscription for next year though, they said they were going to sort it out and it just hasn't happened. 

Shayheybatterbatterswingbatterbatter is really into analytics as the be-all, end-all.  We already have plenty of those like Cordell, Turturo and others.  I have never found any of her tweets to be all that insightful other than posting charts to show me what I already largely know.

The Athletic is probably either having trouble finding a reporter to cover the Devils due to their policies or they themselves just find them not worth it due to their policies.  It's just easier to get an analytics nerd to part time cover the Devils from afar and post a few graphs every so often.

Edited by DevsMan84

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Hey we have some prospective nerds for them right on this board!

Nah, they just post from those posters.  Turturo claimed before the season started that he likes the Devils are doing a better rebuild than the Rangers.

I forgot which one, but one posted a year or two ago that Messier was not a good player.

Then there was the meltdown by Cordell over the Devils not re-signing BB8 a few years back.

Cannot forget that Doerrie said that Recchi was a "really good hire" by the Devils when we hired him.

Stat nerds are a factory of hot takes.

49 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Nah, they just post from those posters.  Turturo claimed before the season started that he likes the Devils are doing a better rebuild than the Rangers.

I forgot which one, but one posted a year or two ago that Messier was not a good player.

Then there was the meltdown by Cordell over the Devils not re-signing BB8 a few years back.

Cannot forget that Doerrie said that Recchi was a "really good hire" by the Devils when we hired him.

Stat nerds are a factory of hot takes.

Analytics ruin teams, and focusing too much on stats.   At some point you just have to play the game. Nothing beats watching tape/streams of a game and seeing what you did right or wrong and what the other team does.  

Some stats are pointless and don't tell much, sv% is one of those.  

15 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

Analytics ruin teams, and focusing too much on stats.   At some point you just have to play the game. Nothing beats watching tape/streams of a game and seeing what you did right or wrong and what the other team does.  

Some stats are pointless and don't tell much, sv% is one of those.  

I actually think save % is a pretty decent top-level overview of a goalie's abilities at that time.

It's when they get into expected goals, deserve-to-win-o-meter's and those Fenwick/Corsi crap that I start rolling my eyes.