2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It might as well be. I grew up a Devils fan in New York during the 90’s. I hate watching this while our team needs 5 meetings to figure out how to work a doorknob. 

I was thinking about this before, its been beyond pathetic feeling as a fan for the over the top lack of success NJ has had in the past decade. I appearance in the last 9 fvcking years… makes me sick as fvck. Yet these pieces of sh!t have been in and consistently competitive basically that entire time. fvcking bullsh!t. NJ better figure it out and fast, like next season

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This honestly one of the dirtiest things I’ve ever seen in a hockey game. Dude should be gone for the rest of the playoffs.

Damn pretty hard for him to say that wasn’t premeditated since he clearly stopped to think before he did it

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This honestly one of the dirtiest things I’ve ever seen in a hockey game. Dude should be gone for the rest of the playoffs.

Saw this last night. Not a thing happened.  Play continued as if nothing happened.  I thought a scrum at the least but nope....nothing. 

Edited by StarDew

11 minutes ago, StarDew said:

Saw this last night. Not a thing happened.  Play continued as if nothing happened.  I thought a scrum at the least but nope....nothing. 

That's incredible.  How/why did the Blues player not go bezerk?  Did he do something that he knew must have warranted that chop to the back of his ankles? Because if not, that's definitely one of the dirtier players to have gone done in the last decade or two - you could severely injure someone long-term with a cheap shot like that.   

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Kakko did the smash the goalie play again. Unbelievable 

1 minute ago, Bonginator11 said:

Very shocked they called it though

1 minute ago, NJD16W said:

I am stunned that they reversed that.

I'm a little surprised, since it was called a goal on the ice, but I think it was the right call to overturn it.  Kaako was crossing through the crease and bumping the goalie whether he was pushed into Doumilin or not. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

5k and no suspension for trying to break a guy’s ankles? Laughable. The NHL never fails to embarrass itself when it comes to this stuff. 

How else are they supposed to compete with the NFL who has repeatedly made it clear that drug use and domestic violence is A-OK?