2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

How else are they supposed to compete with the NFL who has repeatedly made it clear that drug use and domestic violence is A-OK?

The NFL doesn’t shy away from suspending its players. Even the top stars. Drug use? Josh Gordon literally had his career derailed over weed. WEED. Domestic violence is also hardly “A-OK” either. Adrian Peterson got suspended for an entire season for child abuse. Ray Rice was run out of the league for assaulting his gf. Just a few examples off the top of my head. The NFL is far from perfect when it comes to that type of stuff - as plenty of offenders escape punishment, but they do a far better job policing their players than the NHL does. Especially for flagrant - dangerous - actions that happen during the games. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

They mentioned the EBUG was some kid who played hockey and golf at Manhattan College. That kid must have been sweating a little bit 

There is no way an EBUG should ever be put in that position. It’s one thing in the regular season- this is the fvcking playoffs. Teams need to be allowed to have an emergency third goalie who is actually a PROFESSIONAL GOALIE for the playoffs. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

Rangers didn't lose that game bc of goaltending.  I'm sure they'll dub him the next "king" or some sh!t at the toilet bowl in nyc..

Didnt they already crown him Prince Igor?

Rangers fans I know are also blaming the game entirely on Toronto.

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Who in the world though Domingue would step in, completely cold in double OT, and shut the door?

Cinco Domingo just became...

th?id=OIP.xI5XR-hMvFGDQ6Ol2yqpdQHaHy&pid=Api&P=0&w=167&h=175

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

There is no way an EBUG should ever be put in that position. It’s one thing in the regular season- this is the fvcking playoffs. Teams need to be allowed to have an emergency third goalie who is actually a PROFESSIONAL GOALIE for the playoffs. 

Absolutely! No reason not to have a third goalie on the roster and in the building like they did in the bubble.

And also in the regular season teams should have a 3rd professional goalie to donate to us when we come to town. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

Rangers didn't lose that game bc of goaltending.  I'm sure they'll dub him the next "king" or some sh!t at the toilet bowl in nyc..

It should be Czar Igor.  The dude is good. I don't like it