2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

I don’t say this as a jinx because even now I do actually think this is the year Toronto gets over the hump.   They have looked like the better team for most of the last 8 periods 

…but if they don’t, where do they go from here?   I mean last year, you could at least convince yourself it would be different if Tavares didn’t get hurt and the other star player played up to their salary.   This year, Marner, Matthews, Tavares, Nielander and Reilly have all been great.   

Edited by Lateralous

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Jeez this intermission show is just Toronto fan boy headquarters. All 5 people are just going on and on about how the leafs are the better team

They are all Canadian so it doesn't surprise me....I think they all are. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I don’t say this as a jinx because even now I do actually think this is the year Toronto gets over the hump.   They have looked like the better team for most of the last 8 periods 

but if they don’t, where do they go from here?   I mean last year, you could at least convince yourself it would be different if Tavares didn’t get hurt and the other star player played up to their salary.   This year, Marner, Matthews, Tavares, Nielander and Reilly have all been great.   

It’s easy: you come back and take another crack at it next year. The talent is there for the Leafs. The question is: do you try and upgrade at coach? Maybe Toronto takes a shot at Trotz if they lose tonight. 

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s easy: you come back and take another crack at it next year. The talent is there for the Leafs. The question is: do you try and upgrade at coach? Maybe Toronto takes a shot at Trotz if they lose tonight. 

I think you have to look at the GM.   Four of the five star players were in place when he got the job.  He signed Tavares, butchered the Matthews, Nylander and Marner contracts and generally hemorrhaged the good role players and picks they had to keep the teams structure top heavy. 

19 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Probably lost his A because he does sh!t like this…

His explanation:

“He was looking at the breakaway and I heard him start second-guessing his move and didn't really like that,” Kreider said. “He beat him clean, it hit the post. No need to second guess.”