2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

His explanation:

“He was looking at the breakaway and I heard him start second-guessing his move and didn't really like that,” Kreider said. “He beat him clean, it hit the post. No need to second guess.”

Yeah, that makes sense. I forgot he hit the post. 

2 minutes ago, StarDew said:

Fla 2nd round Bolts and Panthers

Go Panthers. I know it’s kind of hypocritical considering I started following the Devils in the early 00’s, but I’m so sick of Tampa. Give me Florida or Carolina out of the East. 

• Like 1

Glad Toronto is out. I can't see Tampa lasting long unless they turn it around a bit. They barely held on. Kucherov and Stamkos nowhere to be found with the offense basically and Point was hurt. They go the job done though. I have my fingers crossed for LA but I have a feeling they are going to get McJesus'd tonight.

24 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They go the job done though. I have my fingers crossed for LA but I have a feeling they are going to get McJesus'd tonight.

I’m tired of the McJesus nickname. Clearly a dude who could turn water into wine would have won a Stanley Cup somewhere in his first 6 seasons. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m tired of the McJesus nickname. Clearly a dude who could turn water into wine would have won a Stanley Cup somewhere in his first 6 seasons. 

If it wasn't for Smith he prob would have dragged them into the next round by now. When him and Drai are both on the ice LA can barely keep their head above water.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

RNH had a wide open net but couldn’t handle the pass. Was very Zacha esque. 

I have been watching closely this series and, no lie, have had the same thought. He has a lot of Zacha moments where he either misses an open net or cannot handle a simple pass, doesn’t take initiative on the attack, etc..