2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Malkin’s always missed his fair share of games for several years now, and that trend has only gotten worse in recent seasons.  I wouldn’t be all that eager to sign up for his Age 36-38 seasons either.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Malkin’s always missed his fair share of games for several years now, and that trend has only gotten worse in recent seasons.  I wouldn’t be all that eager to sign up for his Age 36-38 seasons either.  

This may be sour grapes, but he didn’t seem like he was at the top of his game against the Rags. I can see why Pittsburgh might be done with him. 

28 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I looked up Letang’s age just in case he would be a good PK replacement, and I would not want to offer him a 3 year deal at age 35-36. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I looked up Letang’s age just in case he would be a good PK replacement, and I would not want to offer him a 3 year deal at age 35-36. 

Yeah I was interested too seeing how he played so many big minutes against the Rags. But after watching Pk fall off, I’m not sure about the risk. He did put up almost 70 points though. Nothing to sneeze at. 

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah I was interested too seeing how he played so many big minutes against the Rags. But after watching Pk fall off, I’m not sure about the risk. He did put up almost 70 points though. Nothing to sneeze at. 

Letang has always been a way better dman than Subban though. Dman that are "smart" tend to be able to play longer and still be effective.

Not saying we should sign him but i doubt we'd see a fall of a cliff similar to Subban with him.

Letang's agent is now GM in MTL though, so there's a pretty big chance he signs there if he does leave Pittsburgh

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Letang has always been a way better dman than Subban though. Dman that are "smart" tend to be able to play longer and still be effective.

Not saying we should sign him but i doubt we'd see a fall of a cliff similar to Subban with him.

Letang's agent is now GM in MTL though, so there's a pretty big chance he signs there if he does leave Pittsburgh

I can’t see him wanting to come here, but I’d certainly kick the tires. 2-3 years of Hamilton-Letang-Severson on the right side would be pretty cool. Our right d depth is pretty non existent outside of Walsh unless im missing someone. 

33 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Just when I thought I couldn’t hate this guy more

Right? I saw that earlier. Not only is he a dirty - rat looking - face licking weirdo, but a poser on top of it. He’s just the worst. 

Fun fact, Ramones related. I just designed a Ramones spoof shirt for Me First and the Gimme Gimmes and now that CJ Ramones is playing bass for them it was a cool moment to really put his name in there haha

Anonther fun fact is that Brad Marchand is a bitch

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

Being from NY the way 98% of sport fans break down are;

Islanders/mets/jets

Rangers/yanks/ giants

Most li devils fans I know, including myself, are mets and jets fans.

Yankee fan base sucks bc they're mostly rangers fans.

Re:  the Mets/Jets and Yanks/Giants...obviously a good bit of that goes way back, to when the Giants and Yankees shared Yankee Stadium, and the Jets and Mets were both in Shea.  I can't picture ever watching football in OLD old Yankee Stadium...was a bit before my time.  The Jets didn't join the Giants in Giants Stadium until 1984, so I remember the Jets playing at Shea...due to Shea being more of a cookie cutter park, football did feel a bit more "normal" there, in terms of it feeling like it was less forced.  I see old photos of the Giants playing in Yankee Stadium and it just looks wrong.

2 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I laughed. The Ramones suck. 

If you're going by sheer talent and chops...well, yeah, they don't exactly have either in abundance...they initially tried to be a cover band, but quickly realized they weren't good enough to play them, so they had to come up with their own tunes that were simple enough for them to perform.  I like some of their stuff...they have a certain raw unrefined energy that works...back in the day (1989 or so), there was an album called Ramones Mania, and if you had that, that was pretty much all of The Ramones you'd ever need.     

22 hours ago, MB3 said:

The same ones who say 2003 is ancient history, with a profile picture of Messier holding the cup and a 1994 SCF Starter Cap with the sticker still on it. 

It is wild to me that 2003 will be 20 years next year though, it certainly does feel like ancient history at this point. Certainly makes it feel even longer ago that we have now had an entire decade of mainly meaningless hockey. 

33 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

back in the day (1989 or so), there was an album called Ramones Mania, and if you had that, that was pretty much all of The Ramones you'd ever need.     

That one was on rotation in the stockroom of the shoe store I worked in during high school and college. Was my first exposure to the Ramones and as you said, pretty much the definitive collection. 

Short on talent, perhaps, but catchy as fvck. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I love this stuff, it's definitely the Red Bulls fan in me but I wish "away fan designated sections" were a thing in every sport here. I use to travel a lot for the Devils but I absolutely hate sitting among home team fans. Designating a section or two at the top of the building for away team fans is something I'd love to see. Would all the Rangers fans in one large group be absolutely annoying? Absolutely, but at least they would all be together. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I love this stuff, it's definitely the Red Bulls fan in me but I wish "away fan designated sections" were a thing in every sport here. I use to travel a lot for the Devils but I absolutely hate sitting among home team fans. Designating a section or two at the top of the building for away team fans is something I'd love to see. Would all the Rangers fans in one large group be absolutely annoying? Absolutely, but at least they would all be together. 

They can still all be together. Just in New York. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That one was on rotation in the stockroom of the shoe store I worked in during high school and college. Was my first exposure to the Ramones and as you said, pretty much the definitive collection. 

Short on talent, perhaps, but catchy as fvck. 

Exactly. 

56 minutes ago, StarDew said:

Which goalie were you expecting to have the lower GAA, Prince Poopd!ck or Louis Domingue? 

Domingue played two really good games against them and three really Domingue games against them. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't legit hope for this to happen.

But the thought of the plot of Sudden Death happening during a Rangers - Cane game and that Van Damme happens to be off that day makes me smile.

That is a great reference. I still remember watching that one in theaters

Actually how sure are we that Domingue wasn’t just Van Damme in the wrong place at the wrong time?

• Like 1