2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

41 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

TikTok ads on the ice for the Stanley Cup playoffs. The old school tough guys like Gordie Howe must be spinning in their graves. 

They would if they had any clue what it was, they probably think it’s the breath mints. 

I like when the Stork plays bad and they lose, but somehow I like it better when he plays well and they lose. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

What an absolute bore of a series so far. But at least it’s going the right way. 

It would be, but for the extra excitement of Rangers losses. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i’ve watched all 9 rangers playoff games and the only forwards that have moved the needle for me are Zib and Laf. He seems like one of those guys who’s always around the puck, always in the mix, and he plays with a little bit of a nasty edge. 

points haven’t shown up yet but they will. this dude is going to be a beast.

Fvck that ginger b!tch. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

are the ESPN commenters saying “score!” like 5 full seconds before the goals for anyone else? I heard “score!!!!” before the fvcking guy took the initial shot lol…

On the second goal, yes. 

ESPN has been pretty bad all playoffs though. TNT has been crushing them across the board, IMO

Also, TNT doesn’t have Leah Hextall.

So Binnington got hurt in the first and now it’s Husso in net for St Louis again. These playoffs have been crazy with the goalie injuries. According to the broadcast a little earlier, there have been 29 goalies who played in the playoffs so far on the 16 teams. Almost every team has used at least a back up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

So Binnington got hurt in the first and now it’s Husso in net for St Louis again. These playoffs have been crazy with the goalie injuries. According to the broadcast a little earlier, there have been 29 goalies who played in the playoffs so far on the 16 teams. Almost every team has used at least a back up. 

They were saying in the Blues game that even having two solid goalies isn’t enough, teams need to have a 3rd NHL ready goalie available. 

We were without one for most of the season.