2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What sucks is that assuming Florida wants to keep him no matter what (I think this is the case), the whole "Playing two goalies a fortune" scenario short-term isn't as insanely prohibitive as we all wish it was.

For one, they won't have to worry about this until 2023-24, after which Bobrovsky will then be down to three more seasons; for another, assuming that they buy out Bobrovsky's final season (or find a way to dump him off to some team who can take on his hit for one year), now it's only two years of having tons of cash tied up in two goalies.  They also have plenty of guys who will be UFAs in the next few years...lots of money coming off....they have a ton of space projected for 2024-25.  Obviously they'll keep some of those potential UFA players (Huberdeau) and they'll have to replace others, but I would expect them to try to trade some of them for draft picks and/or cheap labor, and try to replace from within wherever possible.

The Panthers will absolutely have to make some tough calls after next season and having to pay Bobrovsky $10 million per year for his Age 34-36 seasons (assuming that they find a way out of his final Age 37 season) is a disaster waiting to happen...but they wanted to put all of their eggs in the gold-and-diamond basket of a goalie's Age 31-37 seasons, so they deserve to be screwed.  To remain competitive with Knight locked up, they're going to have to make some good deals to snag gaggles of draft picks for departing assets, and then nail those picks (and they desperately NEED some picks).  And they're going to have to sign some guys who outplay their contracts.

Basically, it wouldn't surprise me much to see them take a step back to keep Knight, and hope to put together another window where at least this time, the kid goalie should have a lot of prime years left (and not be making as much money), as opposed to the classic UFA overpayment of a guy who wasn't likely to result in a great ROI. 

For reference, here's the Panthers' cap situation...insane the number of UFAs they're going to have:

Florida Panthers Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Blah blah blah, stop using common sense. I'm going with @MB3's "tits jacked" theory. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Blah blah blah, stop using common sense. I'm going with @MB3's "tits jacked" theory. 

I like his better myself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

we're getting Knight for a 2nd round pick remember? tits jacked TO THE FCKING MOON BAYBEEE

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I like his better myself. 

If it happens, you and me should go halfsies on buying him a jersey with Knight’s number and that phrase as the name. 

• Haha 1

I’m not a fan of Kadri but the garbage  being sent to him and his family on social media is disgusting. I enjoyed seeing him get the hat trick just to shut some people up. He’s thoroughly under the Blues’ skin and Perron who i usually like was making a fool out of himself last night. 

• Like 4

If the Devils get into the playoffs within the next few years they better get a skilled fighter to knock the sh!t out of Trouba. Because that idiot is a cheapshot headhunter. I could totally see him trying to injure Hughes or Hischier to swing momentum. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

If the Devils get into the playoffs within the next few years they better get a skilled fighter to knock the sh!t out of Trouba. Because that idiot is a cheapshot headhunter. I could totally see him trying to injure Hughes or Hischier to swing momentum. 

He’s quickly becoming my most hated Rag since Avery. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s quickly becoming my most hated Rag since Avery. 

Without a doubt. The guy injured Crosby with a hit to the head. Just knocked down Domi with a hit to the head, leading with his elbow. Someone needs to plant the a$$hole into the ice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Carolina is fvcking useless 

Unbelievable how every one just folds for the Rags. Pit blows a 3-1 lead, now Carolina choking a 2 game lead. I’m sure Vasilevskiy will get hurt 6 minutes into game 1 and the Rangers will beat up on Brian Elliot or whoever the backup is in Tampa 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Unbelievable how every one just folds for the Rags. Pit blows a 3-1 lead, now Carolina choking a 2 game lead. I’m sure Vasilevskiy will get hurt 6 minutes into game 1 and the Rangers will beat up on Brian Elliot or whoever the backup is in Tampa 

Flying elbow from Trouba, absolutely clean hit per NHL Legend Ray Ferraro as he wipes his glasses clean from his last “shower”

9 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Flying elbow from Trouba, absolutely clean hit per NHL Legend Ray Ferraro as he wipes his glasses clean from his last “shower”

Elbow to head but it’s ok, Domi was falling. I had no idea falling meant your head was fair game. Surely hitting Domi was a coincidence based on the end of the last game. 

• Like 1