2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Just now, Jerrydevil said:

My guess is no. 

That’s what I’m hanging onto.  I know the Blues needed a whopping 26 games to win their Cup (they played 13 games through their first two rounds).  I think that’s as bad as it’s gotten for a champion.  

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That’s what I’m hanging onto.  I know the Blues needed a whopping 26 games to win their Cup (they played 13 games through their first two rounds).  I think that’s as bad as it’s gotten for a champion.  

It would be fun if the Rangers played 4 seven-game series and lost the last game.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

ESPN refuses to show the full sequence where Kreider just happens to hit Raanta before the injury. 

They also wouldn’t show how Jarvis was hit leading to the too many men until way later. I think Ferraro said Jarvis had a “broken skate”. Yeah or he was beheaded, one of the 2

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Has any team that needed 14 games to win their first two series ever won a Cup?  Or even managed to get to one? 

Barry Melrose's Kings played 19 games, including a grueling 7-game series against Toronto in the conference finals, before playing the Canadiens in the finals and losing in 5. Still, they played 12 games in the first two rounds, not 14.

11 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Barry Melrose's Kings played 19 games, including a grueling 7-game series against Toronto in the conference finals, before playing the Canadiens in the finals and losing in 5. Still, they played 12 games in the first two rounds, not 14.

Continuing the logic here ... I'd be surprised if anyone besides the 2019 Blues lost 10 playoff games and won a Cup.

4 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Continuing the logic here ... I'd be surprised if anyone besides the 2019 Blues lost 10 playoff games and won a Cup.

If the Devils had won the Cup in 2001, they would have set the record for most losses by a SC Champ, with 9.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If the Devils had won the Cup in 2001, they would have set the record for most losses by a SC Champ, with 9.  

I didn't know that! I just checked. The Kings lost 10 games in 2014 and won the Cup. The team they beat, the Rangers, lost 12 playoff games, which is tied for the most playoff losses with 2015 Tampa and 2020 Stars.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I didn't know that! I just checked. The Kings lost 10 games in 2014 and won the Cup. The team they beat, the Rangers, lost 12 playoff games, which is tied for the most playoff losses with 2015 Tampa and 2020 Stars.

So just the 2014 Kings and the 2019 Blues then, with ten playoff losses.

And those Kings needed the max 21 games to get to the SCF…they then took out the Rangers in five.  So there is one Champ who took a rather unconventional route to the Cup…dammit.

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So just the 2014 Kings and the 2019 Blues then, with ten playoff losses.

And those Kings needed the max 21 games to get to the SCF…they then took out the Rangers in five.  So there is one Champ who took a rather unconventional route to the Cup…dammit.

That entire playoffs was wild. The Sharks were up 3 games to none on the Kings in the first round. LA played all of their game 7s on the road.

Personally give me a bunch of pussies with some 🤡 named Geerston rather than a guy like  Trouba, right. Again that hit was clean with a bad result and the injury part is unfortunate. I'm sure Scott Stevens would be proud of the hits Trouba has thrown this season at a time when there's more babysh!t soft play than ever before. I think the fact that we saw I believe exactly zero of those hits thrown by our team exasperates the issue year after year. And the fact he chose to only want to play for the rags obviously means he sucks and is always going to be wrong. Obviously. 

With the team we have we should vote for removing hitting completely from the game so from that perspective I get it and that's the sad part. But for now I'll take watching and appreciating the playoffs (again my horse was put down by basically  late November) including the incredible offense, great goaltending, sh!t goaltending, overall intensity, and the occasional bone crushing hits which remind me of days when we were actually good. Hate that he was hurt but if my team has the balls and the opportunity to make those hits I damn well want them to make them. Sucks being the bug in the windshield. Someday maybe we'll have a hitter,  remember all the videos of how tough Bahl was going to be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

While watching the Hurricanes continue to make the same mistakes, I thought of this Scott Stevens quote:

"If you’re just going to have the mindset where you say, 'Well we’re just going to play the same way we’ve played all year, because we got here by playing that way,' that won’t work. Some teams are better at making adjustments on the fly than others. Some teams resist it. Some players resist it. And usually that is their demise.”

• Like 3