2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

I guess this is somewhat unrealistic since Toronto was basically forced to get rid of Kadri when he kept getting himself suspended for the playoffs, but watching Kadri and Hyman light up the scoreboard, it seems like I’m hindsight they would have been a lot better off not signing Tavares.   It cost them guys like Kadri, Hyman and Connor Brown not to mention the 1st rounder they had to use to get rid of Marleau since his contract no longer fit.   They had a lot of really good home grown middle 6 guys they pissed away.   

• Like 1

Seeing these young teams in the Western Conference Finals after watching them slowly develop over  the last few years really has me excited for that to be the Devils again one day. We still need a lot of pieces, but some of them are there. I think Bastian for example is a guy who would be valuable in a playoff run. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I guess this is somewhat unrealistic since Toronto was basically forced to get rid of Kadri when he kept getting himself suspended for the playoffs, but watching Kadri and Hyman light up the scoreboard, it seems like I’m hindsight they would have been a lot better off not signing Tavares.   It cost them guys like Kadri, Hyman and Connor Brown not to mention the 1st rounder they had to use to get rid of Marleau since his contract no longer fit.   They had a lot of really good home grown middle 6 guys they pissed away.   

Yeah but, did any of them have Leafs' pajamas so the social media team could post for likes?

I mean likes are as good as a cup nowadays.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Binnington might be the softest goalie in the history of the sport

I've disliked the dude ever since his Spittin Chiclets interview where he said something like "and then the dude comes over for one year and takes my number", in regards to Marty's brief stint with the Blues.

Like, what?  The greatest ever is going to grace your (at the time) dogsh!t franchise and you're going to declare #30 to be your number?  Check that ego bro, you fvcking pigeon. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m hoping this guy puts the Rags away in overtime at least once this series. 

Finally an NHL player with a fond childhood Devils memory aside of "Marty poster on my wall". Kind of nice, not going to lie.

I'm an honorary Tampa fan for the ECF. Go Bolts!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Finally an NHL player with a fond childhood Devils memory aside of "Marty poster on my wall". Kind of nice, not going to lie.

I'm an honorary Tampa fan for the ECF. Go Bolts!

Yeah it’s really awesome to see. So many players from the area are Ranger or Flyers fans, great to see one who grew up with the Devils. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m hoping this guy puts the Rags away in overtime at least once this series. 

B84D0FE2-F979-437B-B1E2-E761C9578B84.gif

41 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Gonna be honest -- as awesome as that quote is, I could've gone without the reminder that a current 2nd-year NHL hockey player was 14 years old the last time the Devils gave me something to cheer about. 

He was 16. Don’t make it worse than it is lol