2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well no sh!t, but can we pump the brakes on already crowning them (let alone “win 4 in a row lol”). 

I’m not sure but I think those comments were tongue in cheek.

My comments are admittedly NY sports media fueled terror, and I just  can’t wait until Shesterkin is flopping around a golf course instead of the crease. Plus watching Ranger fans pop out of no where now is nauseating. 

I miss the days when that team had the highest payroll, paid people like Holik 10 million a season, missed the playoffs every year, and lost 20 something straight games to us. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m not sure but I think those comments were tongue in cheek.

My comments are admittedly NY sports media fueled terror, and I just  can’t wait until Shesterkin is flopping around a golf course instead of the crease. Plus watching Ranger fans pop out of no where now is nauseating. 

I miss the days when that team had the highest payroll, paid people like Holik 10 million a season, missed the playoffs every year, and lost 20 something straight games to us. 

Hell I'd just be happy if our sh!t show of a franchise could win something more than lotto picks. 

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Wish the league would make the guys take the conference trophy to the room at least or just get rid of them. One of the absolute dumbest "superstitions" in sports. 

They should place it directly in front of their locker room door so the whole team has to try to step over/around it without touching it. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I just find the whole will he / won't he touch the trophy stuff the announcers drone on about to be annoying. There isn't a single other sport to my knowledge that does this. 

Agree. Almost as weird as putting a giant logo in your locker room floor and then nobody’s allowed to step on it. 

Prank idea for the first day of training camp: entire floor is a logo except an 8 inch border around the perimeter. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Agree. Almost as weird as putting a giant logo in your locker room floor and then nobody’s allowed to step on it. 

Prank idea for the first day of training camp: entire floor is a logo except an 8 inch border around the perimeter. 

A lot of the newer locker rooms are putting it on the ceiling to avoid that completely... 

general-view-of-the-vegas-golden-knights

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSI07b0ynOha-bvMznlcrp

Columbus just did like a mini video board... 

SNA-Blue-Jackets-Locker-Room-Gallery-1.j

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I just find the whole will he / won't he touch the trophy stuff the announcers drone on about to be annoying. There isn't a single other sport to my knowledge that does this. 

It’s especially dumb considering that whether a team touched it or not has no bearing on the outcome, and I’m saying even if you believe in superstition. Stevens held it up and had the whole team take a picture with it one of the years they won the cup. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It’s especially dumb considering that whether a team touched it or not has no bearing on the outcome, and I’m saying even if you believe in superstition. Stevens held it up and had the whole team take a picture with it one of the years they won the cup. 

The two years we didn’t touch the Prince of Wales Trophy (2001 and 2012) we lost in the Finals. Go figure.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2