2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

He hit his head really hard on the ground and the reaction time for security to get him some help looks like it was super slow so it wouldn't really be surprising if the guy passed away. Hope that's not true though. 

I'm more amazed people still do this kind of sh!t when there are cameras everywhere and you can easily ruin your entire life in a split second. 

3 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

That wasn't a fight, that was attempted murder

Obviously not a fight, just a sucker punch.

Can’t say that’s exclusive to New York, anyone who has never seen someone get knocked out at a Devils game probably didn’t go a lot at the CAA when we were over there. 

• Like 1

He hit another person too... 

https://www.wtsp.com/article/sports/lightning-fan-sucker-punched-rangers-fan-madison-square-garden/67-c9ac9d05-9c4b-4034-bcd4-13f484196ac2

"As Anastasio tried to run away, police say the witness tried to stop him, which resulted in Anastasio punching the witness in the face, too. Officers say the witness "sustained pain and bruising" to his face, but he refused medical treatment."

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

He hit another person too... 

https://www.wtsp.com/article/sports/lightning-fan-sucker-punched-rangers-fan-madison-square-garden/67-c9ac9d05-9c4b-4034-bcd4-13f484196ac2

"As Anastasio tried to run away, police say the witness tried to stop him, which resulted in Anastasio punching the witness in the face, too. Officers say the witness "sustained pain and bruising" to his face, but he refused medical treatment."

That explains the whole "two counts" thing...he actually did this to two people.  What a complete d!ck.  Probably still lives with his parents too, in their basement, with whatever Ranger crap he could afford on his minimum wage salary taped to the cinderblock walls.  fvck that guy.    

• Like 6

I know it gets heated in here sometimes with people venting at losses and such, but I could never imagine assaulting another human being over a GAME played by MILLIONAIRES. What an unbelievable piece of trash and I hope he spends a long time behind bars thinking about it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

fvck that guy on Twitter spreading the “he died” stuff, too. Some people are truly pathetic that they stoop so low for attention. 

Yeah it's one of those things that you just want to dismiss right away, for a number of reasons (most of all that you don't want to see someone DIE over a friggin' sporting event), but there's that part of you that can't be sure that the person posting that info is necessarily a kook...mostly because you'd like to believe someone wouldn't be that much of an a$$hole to stoop so low as to pretend he has inside info re:  whether or not someone has died.  

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm sure the Lightning fan was talking sh!t, but you're allowed to do that. You aren't allowed to sucker punch a guy. 

Hopefully he is arrested, prosecuted, and at a minimum this event fvcks up his entire life. 

Agree with you and DD56 on this one; some idiots (especially Ranger fans and more so Flyer fans) think they have to right to assault anyone wearing the other team's jersey, just because...I know because it happened to me years ago, in a friggin' MSG bathroom of all places.  I won the fight that ensued but I didn't want to fight...the guy clearly wasn't going to let it go until it reached that point and I simply needed to defend myself from physical harm.  Thank whoever that the guy didn't have any weapons on him, because they weren't checking for such things in the late 90s. 

For that sucker-punching POS, give him a lifetime MSG ban for starters.  Then the legal fallout; on top of whatever charges he has to fight, hope his victim sues the hell out of him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

I would bet he already has some kind of rap sheet and been thrown out of many a scuzzy night club. He just looks like that type.

Admittedly my first thought when reading his full name was “Another dumb fvcking Guido”…these guys ran rampant all over North Jersey back when I was a student at Montclair State…basically they’d operate as a group, making sure that the odds were comfortably slugged in their favor before taking on others.

And not knocking Italians…just that group that happens to have Italian heritage.  There’s guys (and even girls) like that who just love to get physical at the drop of a hat.  It’s just so stupid.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, '7' said:

I would bet he already has some kind of rap sheet and been thrown out of many a scuzzy night club. He just looks like that type.

Staten Island is a small place, I am guessing I will wind up with information on this somehow...

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm sure the Lightning fan was talking sh!t, but you're allowed to do that. You aren't allowed to sucker punch a guy. 

Hopefully he is arrested, prosecuted, and at a minimum this event fvcks up his entire life. 

He was arrested by a cop who is a big isles fan.   I'm sure he was pumped to slap the cuffs on him, and trash the rangers while the lowlife was in cuffs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I know it gets heated in here sometimes with people venting at losses and such, but I could never imagine assaulting another human being over a GAME played by MILLIONAIRES. What an unbelievable piece of trash and I hope he spends a long time behind bars thinking about it. 

I've never understood getting into a fist fight at a game unless it was in self-defense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

I've never understood getting into a fist fight at a game unless it was in self-defense.

I have only done it once, and it was after a guy grabbed me when I walked too close (apparently) to a multi-person brawl in the parking lot of the CAA. My choices were hit or be hit. 

21 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

The funny (and sad) thing is I know exactly who this guy is.  He’s that complete d!ckhead who drinks too much and wants to start fights with everyone.  He’s that guy who sucker-punches someone and then brags to anyone dumb enough to listen about how he kicked some dude’s ass who dared to fvck with him.  He’s the guy who, with four other loser pals of his, will try to goad three people who aren’t looking for trouble in the slightest into a brawl…as those three make the wise decision not to get involved, he’s yelling “Duuuuuuuh yeah dat’s what I thought!”  He actually probably thought he won last night, by cheap-shotting someone who clearly was completely unprepared and unable to defend himself.

This guy’s probably been a piece of sh!t from the second sperm met egg and cells began dividing.  fvcker deserves everything he gets.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976