2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

11 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Well that first game was insane, I hope this series goes the distance.  I want 6 more competitive, intense games.

Mack is such a fun player to watch.  Guy is a fvcking truck out there.

Imagine him not even being the best player on your team. What a fvcking squad. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Nichushkin with the redemption story of the decade. Wonder if that's what Zacha does after he goes anywhere else.

I was thinking the same thing.   If he does good for him but just like Nickhuskin, the team that drafted him never had a chance of reaping the full rewards of their talent 

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

Just now, Lateralous said:

I was thinking the same thing.   If he does good for him but just like Nickhuskin, the team that drafted him never had the chance to reap the full rewards.  

I doubt it but just a thought.

This is insane. COL good but also the curse of Perry? 😂

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I would expect Tampa to bounce back at home. You can never count them out. 

I think they’ll probably manage to split at home but this series just looks different.   Colorado is scary good.   Imagine if Byram keeps getting better.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

i dont mind who's winning. Im hoping for Colorado. But if this could go in 6-7 it would be ideal. Then we wouldnt have as long to wait for the draft after that

Plus I just want a great series. These are truly the two best teams in hockey. I want to see it go the distance. It would be a shame if after all the will and perseverance Tampa has shown during the last three seasons, to see their run end in a sweep or a five game loss. If they lose, it should be in seven (or at least six).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Plus I just want a great series. These are truly the two best teams in hockey. I want to see it go the distance. It would be a shame if after all the will and perseverance Tampa has shown during the last three seasons, to see their run end in a sweep or a five game loss. If they lose, it should be in seven (or at least six).

PLUS, historically speaking, we want the amount of teams winning a cup with a sweep as little as possible don't we haha

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Vasilevskiy has never given up 7 in his entire career. That’s amazing. I think our guys did that 3 or 4 times this season alone. 

I’m very interested to see how he bounces back. He might be lights out these next 2 games. Or maybe 300 games in 3 years is just too much

21 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Vasilevskiy has never given up 7 in his entire career. That’s amazing. I think our guys did that 3 or 4 times this season alone. 

I’m very interested to see how he bounces back. He might be lights out these next 2 games. Or maybe 300 games in 3 years is just too much

Well that's not entirely true.  Vasilevsky gave up 7 goals on February 22nd, 2020.  You may not remember that because that was the day that David Ayers beat the Maple Leafs.  Got that reminder from Steve Dangle.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/202002220ARI.html

20 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Well that's not entirely true.  Vasilevsky gave up 7 goals on February 22nd, 2020.  You may not remember that because that was the day that David Ayers beat the Maple Leafs.  Got that reminder from Steve Dangle.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/202002220ARI.html

Whoops. I got my info from ESPN Saturday so I should have known better and checked for myself

• Like 1