2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Probably so, let him play a couple years then he “retires” to go back to Russia. Sounds like a Devils move. 

You don't walk away from his salary. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Probably so, let him play a couple years then he “retires” to go back to Russia. Sounds like a Devils move. 

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

You don't walk away from his salary. 

Isn’t Panarin fairly vocal about being anti-Putin and the NHL found that he was falsely accused for domestic abuse by a source in Russia?  At this point, I don’t think there is any going back to Russia for him.   

1 hour ago, Brewskies said:

Please don't bring him up. Who got screwed? 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

yeah totally. not having ilya kovalchuk resulted in a ton of devils success. ha, egg on his face. you totally roasted him!

It’s irrelevant, the question was whether Panarin would walk away from his contract,  the simple fact is that Kovy walked away from more. Whether bad or good for the team, whether they colluded together to get the best result, he still walked away from a sh!t ton of money, and I believe more than Panarin would be. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s irrelevant, the question was whether Panarin would walk away from his contract,  the simple fact is that Kovy walked away from more. Whether bad or good for the team, whether they colluded together to get the best result, he still walked away from a sh!t ton of money, and I believe more than Panarin would be. 

Yeah but if my memory serves correctly, he immediately signed a huge deal with SKA for even more (tax free) money than he would’ve made here. So it wasn’t as big of a deal for Kovalchuk, because he knew he was still gonna get paid in Russia.

Edited by MadDog2020

29 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah but if my memory serves correctly, he immediately signed a huge deal with SKA for even more (tax free) money than he would’ve made here. So it wasn’t as big of a deal for Kovalchuk, because he knew he was still gonna get paid in Russia.

And you don’t think they’d pay Panarin?

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And you don’t think they’d pay Panarin?

Well, yes they most certainly would- the problem for Panarin is that he has spoken out vehemently against Putin, so, sadly, going back to Russia would be a dangerous play at best for him and his family. 

Edited by MadDog2020