2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Meanwhile we're on the back nine for the 9th time in 10 years. I would love to beat a broken down over the hill third string goalie playing pens team. F*ck gimmie something resembling a meaniful game on the back half of a season for starters. 

Crazy talk I know. 

Now that said follow the process and someday we too will play in a playoff series and not have off 6 months every off season coming off 2 plus months of meaningless games. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Meanwhile we're on the back nine for the 9th time in 10 years. I would love to beat a broken down over the hill third string goalie playing pens team. F*ck gimmie something resembling a meaniful game on the back half of a season for starters. 

Crazy talk I know. 

Now that said follow the process and someday we too will play in a playoff series and not have off 6 months every off season coming off 2 plus months of meaningless games. 

We had our chances. Esche, Rhodes, Boucher

Made them look like Georges Vezina

Bottom line is we can't turn a team over like the Rags. Panarin would never sign here. Adam Fox isn't going to muscle his way to the Devils like he did NYR. 

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, '7' said:

We had our chances. Esche, Rhodes, Boucher

Made them look like Georges Vezina

Bottom line is we can't turn a team over like the Rags. Panarin would never sign here. Adam Fox isn't going to muscle his way to the Devils like he did NYR. 

This. Teams like the Rangers and Yankees never have to worry because other top players are always looking to head to NY. Their fan bases are also strikingly similar for some reason. 

NHL referees are the worst. They’re back to the inconsistent officiating where hacking, mugging, grabbing players is legal again. All the talk of calling the playoffs like the regular season lasted a handful of games, if that.

21 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

This. Teams like the Rangers and Yankees never have to worry because other top players are always looking to head to NY. Their fan bases are also strikingly similar for some reason. 

The cap kind of puts a limit on this advantage but the big markets will always have more cachet for big free agents. The team was somehow able to get Dougie Hamilton, but even if the Devils didn't, you don't need blue-chip free agents to win. You have to run a good organization, but it seems that the Devils are not run all that well. The team could have hired a good coach like the Rangers did. They did not. 

• Like 1

Studenic is seeing a lot of big minutes here. He’s looked good tonight and hasn’t looked out of place at all throughout the series. Was disappointed losing him for nothing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Even with that advantage as an original 6 team. They only have 1 stanley cup more than the established in 1982 New Jersey Devils. When factoring in season's played with championships won, the Rangers are statistically the least successful franchise in the NHL. My older brother is a Rangers fan. He sends me a text every single year on the anniversary of the Matteau goal. Every year I reply with the same, I got over this 3 stanley cups ago message. They cling so hard to 1994 because it is the only time in 8 decades that they won. Despite having the advantage of every free agent wanting to sign there.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

if the rangers shared even the smallest resemblance of success as the yankees i’d very likely quit watching hockey 

39 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

Even with that advantage as an original 6 team. They only have 1 stanley cup more than the established in 1982 New Jersey Devils. When factoring in season's played with championships won, the Rangers are statistically the least successful franchise in the NHL. My older brother is a Rangers fan. He sends me a text every single year on the anniversary of the Matteau goal. Every year I reply with the same, I got over this 3 stanley cups ago message. They cling so hard to 1994 because it is the only time in 8 decades that they won. Despite having the advantage of every free agent wanting to sign there.

3 Cups playing against 5 other teams for decades

Watch Studenic gets the GWG

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Studenic is seeing a lot of big minutes here. He’s looked good tonight and hasn’t looked out of place at all throughout the series. Was disappointed losing him for nothing.

But we couldn’t risk losing Mason Geertsen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

1st Battle of Alberta playoff series since 91. 

I think it's the series that everyone wanted. 

Edit: apart from Kings and Stars fans. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1