Jump to content

2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

We’re getting Knight for a 2nd, 3rd, and using our massive amount of cap space? 

Yeah, I’m in like Lionel. 

 

569CE11C-7678-4C8F-954F-485F9148C49F.gif

2nd Overall + 3rd round pick. Not 2nd round pick, I'm not *that* drunk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

2nd Overall + 3rd round pick. Not 2nd round pick, I'm not *that* drunk

Just re-read, maybe I’m drunker than you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I'm wine drunk and my whole house is asleep. Let's make a deal.

Devils get: Spencer Knight

Florida gets: Jake Guentzel (NJ Retains 50%), 3rd round pick NJ

Pittsburgh gets: 2nd overall pick from NJ, 3rd round pick FLA

Pittsburgh goes through a soft re-build with an electric young player. They see that Crosby only has a few good years left and commit to getting younger, and realize a 29-year-old-UFA-Guentzel in 2024 might not be in their plans. Florida gets an immediate top-line winger on a cheap contract, who they can hold for 2 seasons before he's a UFA. They can use the extra cap space to re-sign Weager, who they love and will likely lose. Devils get the best goalie prospect in the NHL.

Who says no, and why?

quoted for context/bump. who says no? penguins? devils? panthers? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Remember when someone on this board was saying that Vasilevskiy was overrated? Id love to have an overrated goalie get a 49 save shutout in a playoff game. 

I mean what more could you ask, 50 saves?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Remember when someone on this board was saying that Vasilevskiy was overrated? Id love to have an overrated goalie get a 49 save shutout in a playoff game. 

I think I immediately jumped on him for that take lol. We’re looking at a first ballot hall of fame goaltender here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If that’s all it took, I would do that for Kadri.    I mean, it still seems to be a toss up every year in the playoffs if he’ll go to far and get suspended but I guess we can worry about that if we ever get there.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's kind of exactly what the Devils need. But coming off of an 87 point year, I wonder if he'll try to cash in even more. If it took 4 years 28 million, would you be okay with it? 

I'd still lean yes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

He's kind of exactly what the Devils need. But coming off of an 87 point year, I wonder if he'll try to cash in even more. If it took 4 years 28 million, would you be okay with it? 

I'd still lean yes.

That depends, are we getting Knight or Matthew Tkachuk with out 2OA? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That depends, are we getting Knight or Matthew Tkachuk with out 2OA? 

we're getting Knight for a 2nd round pick remember? tits jacked TO THE FCKING MOON BAYBEEE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MB3 said:

we're getting Knight for a 2nd round pick remember? tits jacked TO THE FCKING MOON BAYBEEE

What sucks is that assuming Florida wants to keep him no matter what (I think this is the case), the whole "Playing two goalies a fortune" scenario short-term isn't as insanely prohibitive as we all wish it was.

For one, they won't have to worry about this until 2023-24, after which Bobrovsky will then be down to three more seasons; for another, assuming that they buy out Bobrovsky's final season (or find a way to dump him off to some team who can take on his hit for one year), now it's only two years of having tons of cash tied up in two goalies.  They also have plenty of guys who will be UFAs in the next few years...lots of money coming off....they have a ton of space projected for 2024-25.  Obviously they'll keep some of those potential UFA players (Huberdeau) and they'll have to replace others, but I would expect them to try to trade some of them for draft picks and/or cheap labor, and try to replace from within wherever possible.

The Panthers will absolutely have to make some tough calls after next season and having to pay Bobrovsky $10 million per year for his Age 34-36 seasons (assuming that they find a way out of his final Age 37 season) is a disaster waiting to happen...but they wanted to put all of their eggs in the gold-and-diamond basket of a goalie's Age 31-37 seasons, so they deserve to be screwed.  To remain competitive with Knight locked up, they're going to have to make some good deals to snag gaggles of draft picks for departing assets, and then nail those picks (and they desperately NEED some picks).  And they're going to have to sign some guys who outplay their contracts.

Basically, it wouldn't surprise me much to see them take a step back to keep Knight, and hope to put together another window where at least this time, the kid goalie should have a lot of prime years left (and not be making as much money), as opposed to the classic UFA overpayment of a guy who wasn't likely to result in a great ROI. 

For reference, here's the Panthers' cap situation...insane the number of UFAs they're going to have:

Florida Panthers Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What sucks is that assuming Florida wants to keep him no matter what (I think this is the case), the whole "Playing two goalies a fortune" scenario short-term isn't as insanely prohibitive as we all wish it was.

For one, they won't have to worry about this until 2023-24, after which Bobrovsky will then be down to three more seasons; for another, assuming that they buy out Bobrovsky's final season (or find a way to dump him off to some team who can take on his hit for one year), now it's only two years of having tons of cash tied up in two goalies.  They also have plenty of guys who will be UFAs in the next few years...lots of money coming off....they have a ton of space projected for 2024-25.  Obviously they'll keep some of those potential UFA players (Huberdeau) and they'll have to replace others, but I would expect them to try to trade some of them for draft picks and/or cheap labor, and try to replace from within wherever possible.

The Panthers will absolutely have to make some tough calls after next season and having to pay Bobrovsky $10 million per year for his Age 34-36 seasons (assuming that they find a way out of his final Age 37 season) is a disaster waiting to happen...but they wanted to put all of their eggs in the gold-and-diamond basket of a goalie's Age 31-37 seasons, so they deserve to be screwed.  To remain competitive with Knight locked up, they're going to have to make some good deals to snag gaggles of draft picks for departing assets, and then nail those picks (and they desperately NEED some picks).  And they're going to have to sign some guys who outplay their contracts.

Basically, it wouldn't surprise me much to see them take a step back to keep Knight, and hope to put together another window where at least this time, the kid goalie should have a lot of prime years left (and not be making as much money), as opposed to the classic UFA overpayment of a guy who wasn't likely to result in a great ROI. 

For reference, here's the Panthers' cap situation...insane the number of UFAs they're going to have:

Florida Panthers Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Blah blah blah, stop using common sense. I'm going with @MB3's "tits jacked" theory. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Blah blah blah, stop using common sense. I'm going with @MB3's "tits jacked" theory. 

I like his better myself. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

we're getting Knight for a 2nd round pick remember? tits jacked TO THE FCKING MOON BAYBEEE

 

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I like his better myself. 

If it happens, you and me should go halfsies on buying him a jersey with Knight’s number and that phrase as the name. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not a fan of Kadri but the garbage  being sent to him and his family on social media is disgusting. I enjoyed seeing him get the hat trick just to shut some people up. He’s thoroughly under the Blues’ skin and Perron who i usually like was making a fool out of himself last night. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.