2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Anyone else find it odd that NHL is putting the rangers goals up as shorts on their youtube? They only did 1 out of 14 goals scored last night but for some reason they've uploaded 3 of the rangers 5 so far.....weird

Edit: it's only 2 goals of the rangers they uploaded and its...of their 6 now....damn it

Edited by SeanMac16
fate hates us

1 minute ago, SeanMac16 said:

Anyone else find it odd that NHL is putting the rangers goals up as shorts on their youtube? They only did 1 out of 14 goals scored last night but for some reason they've uploaded 3 of the rangers 5 so far.....weird

NHL and ESPN NEED New York to win for some reason. I get it’s a bigger market, zero question but holy sh!t, how are you the premier sports channel and don’t demand possibly the greatest matchup of the playoffs in favor of Bright Lights Brah! When compared to TNT’s all around experience, ESPN’s is so pathetic. TNT dove headfirst into the NHL and I freaking love watching their broadcasts, ESPNs is for the most part trash. Mark Messier & Chris Chelios? Yeah cool awesome, so impressed you got guys with personalities of rocks.

• Like 5

Last memory of an obnoxious crowd chanting the home goalie was better was when the Devils played the Stars and the "Eddie's better" chant was going on. We know how that turned out in the end. 

Who knows, maybe lightning can strike twice. Pun intended!

Edited by slasher72

Even the Devils could have beat Tampa the way they played tonight. I'm not worried yet, but obv. Tampa has to get going. They can't wait until they get home ice to do it either. I hope this is a wake up call the way it was for them against Toronto. They're rested, they just didn't play smart at all tonight.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Yep, I hope this game lights a major fire under Tampa's ass and they win the next 4.

I'd be surprised if this Tampa team didn't respond well after losing Game 1. Win the next 4? That'd be nice but I think we're looking at a long series. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Scoreless game and then 5 minutes into the 2nd Colorado gets 2 in 15 seconds and then adds a 3rd a minute later. Mike Smith is incredibly inconsistent. I’m shocked they made it to the conference finals. 

McDavid and Draisaitl have willed them there. 

On 6/1/2022 at 11:08 PM, Jerrydevil said:

I'd be surprised if this Tampa team didn't respond well after losing Game 1. Win the next 4? That'd be nice but I think we're looking at a long series. 

I think they’ve won 18 straight playoff games after a loss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah I was gonna say that.  Pretty remarkable stat.  Hope they can keep it going tonight.

Of course they won’t because their goalie will get hurt and the rags will score 5 goals on 14 shots while being outplayed for 58 mins.

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We should have taken K’Andre instead of Ty. Ugh 

If Ty stinks next year, time to cut our losses. As for the Rags, their drafting will take a hit with the loss of Gorton. Firing him is going to bite them in the ass eventually. 

Edited by slasher72