Jump to content

2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Wish the league would make the guys take the conference trophy to the room at least or just get rid of them. One of the absolute dumbest "superstitions" in sports. 

They should place it directly in front of their locker room door so the whole team has to try to step over/around it without touching it. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I just find the whole will he / won't he touch the trophy stuff the announcers drone on about to be annoying. There isn't a single other sport to my knowledge that does this. 

Agree. Almost as weird as putting a giant logo in your locker room floor and then nobody’s allowed to step on it. 

Prank idea for the first day of training camp: entire floor is a logo except an 8 inch border around the perimeter. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Agree. Almost as weird as putting a giant logo in your locker room floor and then nobody’s allowed to step on it. 

Prank idea for the first day of training camp: entire floor is a logo except an 8 inch border around the perimeter. 

A lot of the newer locker rooms are putting it on the ceiling to avoid that completely... 

general-view-of-the-vegas-golden-knights

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSI07b0ynOha-bvMznlcrp

Columbus just did like a mini video board... 

SNA-Blue-Jackets-Locker-Room-Gallery-1.j

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I just find the whole will he / won't he touch the trophy stuff the announcers drone on about to be annoying. There isn't a single other sport to my knowledge that does this. 

It’s especially dumb considering that whether a team touched it or not has no bearing on the outcome, and I’m saying even if you believe in superstition. Stevens held it up and had the whole team take a picture with it one of the years they won the cup. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It’s especially dumb considering that whether a team touched it or not has no bearing on the outcome, and I’m saying even if you believe in superstition. Stevens held it up and had the whole team take a picture with it one of the years they won the cup. 

The two years we didn’t touch the Prince of Wales Trophy (2001 and 2012) we lost in the Finals. Go figure.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, devlman said:

The Rangers are boring as hell.

They really are. People can talk about the trap Devils all they want, but the A-Line was never this boring. There’s long stretches were I barely notice their big offensive guys. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.