2022 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

MadDog2020

After seeing the teams Sakic and Yzerman built I’m honestly ready to give Marty a shot if Fitz doesn’t work out lol. 

Oh well. No more hockey for 3 months now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

No sh!t, I didn’t hear about that. 

They mentioned it a couple times during the broadcast, including about 20 seconds ago. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Devils could have got Cale Makar, instead they got Nico Nischier, gee I’m thrilled, I’m sure Nico will also win the Conn Smythe, sorry, couldn’t type that with a straight face.

Go away. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Cup has arrived

Btw where the fvck is Bettman?!

Daly doing the presentations 

The flight his coffin was on got canceled due to staffing issues…

image.png.0f570f14e211895faa9bd1100c050619.png

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Devils could have got Cale Makar, instead they got Nico Nischier, gee I’m thrilled, I’m sure Nico will also win the Conn Smythe, sorry, couldn’t type that with a straight face.

Could have been Nolan Patrick too. Get a grip. 

• Like 7

Went to the watch party outside the stadium tonight (didn't wanna pay $500+ for a ticket). Really cool atmosphere, even through some periods of light rain. Disappointed the Bolts came up short, but Colorado was the better team.  They were too fast and the Lightning had no answer for their pressure and attack, especially th second half of the game. 

On to next year. It's our time again Devils!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

this take is so fvcking dumb and so fvcking embarrassing. every person in that room would’ve been lynched and fired within minutes if the offense-starved Devils drafted an off-board defenseman instead of the consensus centermen.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MB3 said:

this take is so fvcking dumb and so fvcking embarrassing. every person in that room would’ve been lynched and fired within minutes if the offense-starved Devils drafted an off-board defenseman instead of the consensus centermen.

I agree, they needed a center and they picked the best one in the draft.  Also, center is a tough position to play on a bad team and he has been good.  If he gets a winger on his line he will be a star.  With Jack and Nico as 1&2 down the middle the Devils will get back to meaningful hockey and hopefully a cup one day.