Nas & Recchi Fired

mfitz804

Lindy Ruff: Why NJ Devils are retaining head coach after parting ways with assistant coaches (msn.com)

Can't say that now that I have "official" word that Ruff is staying that I'm at all thrilled about it...I was really hoping it was going to be a full staff housecleaning.  Hopefully Devils can find some legit assistants now.  Won't be surprised if Dineen and/or Brylin are behind the bench next year to fill those roles.  Can't imagine Ruff surviving for long if the Devils are once again marinating in the toaster as December rolls around.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Lindy Ruff: Why NJ Devils are retaining head coach after parting ways with assistant coaches (msn.com)

Can't say that now that I have "official" word that Ruff is staying that I'm at all thrilled about it...I was really hoping it was going to be a full staff housecleaning.  Hopefully Devils can find some legit assistants now.  Won't be surprised if Dineen and/or Brylin are behind the bench next year to fill those roles.  Can't imagine Ruff surviving for long if the Devils are once again marinating in the toaster as December rolls around.  

I’m ok with it. I really would have preferred a clean sweep, but it is what it is. Now we have to see how serious they are by who they put around him. Dineen and Brylin would be pretty serious, IMHO. 

Would love to see Howdov Doodov behind the bench. 

https://www.nhl.com/devils

Look I'll be honest here's what I got outta the first 1:45 before bailing.

• anybody that doubted or was waiting on Fitzgerald to announce or denounce Ruff's return, you now have it. Ruff got the full reach around very early on in this one because the one thing this org wanted was someone who could develop young offensive talent. He's still convinced he's the right guy.
  • in this org he wants standards and habits "like blinking our eye lids in the game or in the board room" - check please, lmao. Can we get the expected number of eye blinks per 60, surely I'm convinced that's available at this time. 
  • look in all seriousness he looks as comfortable as I feel after eating a bag full of yesterdays taco bell
  • Where on gods green earth did she get that jacket from?
Edited by titans04
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m ok with it. I really would have preferred a clean sweep, but it is what it is. Now we have to see how serious they are by who they put around him. Dineen and Brylin would be pretty serious, IMHO. 

Would love to see Howdov Doodov behind the bench. 

Hope the bolded is still giving you chuckles.

Yeah, as far as "the possible outcomes scale" goes, Ruff with Dineen and Brylin would at least rank in the top half of the scale.  Even as much as I'm not overjoyed with Ruff still being here...nASS and Recchi are GONE.  For good.  We won't ever have to lament their complete lack of contributions ever again.  That in itself is a major friggin' plus.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I actually laughed out loud as I was typing it, and again when you quoted me. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, as far as "the possible outcomes scale" goes, Ruff with Dineen and Brylin would at least rank in the top half of the scale.  Even as much as I'm not overjoyed with Ruff still being here...nASS and Recchi are GONE.  For good.  We won't ever have to lament their complete lack of contributions ever again.  That in itself is a major friggin' plus.  

If those two are the assistants I would feel like they are being serious. If come training camp it’s “oh look, there’s Ruff and a couple new jerkoffs”, it’ll be business as usual. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Exactly. And now, next season if they're tanking we can just focus our vitriol on one person instead of three. That's easy enough, lol.

By the way, does anyone know if Dave Rogalski is being fired? Based on this season there's no way he should be spared.  

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I wouldn't call losing 7-4 as being exciting.

Better than losing 2-1 or 1-0 to me.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

My concern is that the "exciting style" might be part of our special teams and defensive issues. 

I think Recchi was always the wrong choice. Pens fans were even saying how bad of a power play he runs. If keeping him wasn’t a tank move he was kept on for way too long.

• Like 3

Just now, Jerzey said:

I think Recchi was always the wrong choice. Pens fans were even saying how bad of a power play he runs. If keeping him wasn’t a tank move he was kept on for way too long.

Agree 100%. 

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I bet they did lol. 

@mfitz804In the course of a day when you’re in the office, (or when you were in the office in case you’re fully remote) would you walk around and have this subtle chuckle under your breath anytime you heard someone say anything which could be used as a d!ck joke? :)  Just gotta know

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

@mfitz804In the course of a day when you’re in the office, (or when you were in the office in case you’re fully remote) would you walk around and have this subtle chuckle under your breath anytime you heard someone say anything which could be used as a d!ck joke? :)  Just gotta know

I’ll tell you this. I work in an office full of women. The only other man was our senior partner who passed away at the age of 74 in 2018. We made d!ck jokes, outside the presence of the ladies of course, all the time.  I do miss that. 

So to answer your question, yes, yes I do. I save them for you guys, and my poor wife:

Her: I need you to pick something up for me, can you fit it in on your lunch hour?

Me: I don’t know, can YOU fit it in on YOUR lunch hour??

That was our exact conversation this morning. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 2

It’s good to see them go, but on the other hand, it would have been beneficial to have them pan out.  The issue with the Devils is the entire organization.  When Lou left, everything was dismantled and is still on the rebuild.  Everything from institutional knowledge to player development and everything in between.  In order, for the Devils to become a perennial playoff team, they have to become a stable organization by developing an identity.  Gone are the days of great defense and PK.  Until, they can establish some success with their style of play, they will continue to dwell at the bottom.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ll tell you this. I work in an office full of women. The only other man was our senior partner who passed away at the age of 74 in 2018. We made d!ck jokes, outside the presence of the ladies of course, all the time.  I do miss that. 

So to answer your question, yes, yes I do. I save them for you guys, and my poor wife:

Her: I need you to pick something up for me, can you fit it in on your lunch hour?

Me: I don’t know, can YOU fit it in on YOUR lunch hour??

That was our exact conversation this morning. 

I’m convinced you’re in the profession you’re in just so you can say penal code.  Nothing more.

8 hours ago, slasher72 said:

After the pitiful performances of Blackwood, Gillies, Bernier, Hammond etc, how does this guy get a pass? 

Screenshot_20220506-005948_Samsung Internet.jpg

Personally I think we should bring in Sam St. Laurent or Hannu Kamppuri, or both. :) 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, slasher72 said:

After the pitiful performances of Blackwood, Gillies, Bernier, Hammond etc, how does this guy get a pass? 

Screenshot_20220506-005948_Samsung Internet.jpg

The number one reason is HE CARES!

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/three-things-dave-rogalski-joins-devils-coaching-staff/c-319508262

Get to know Rogalski in our Three Things, presented by Wawa. 

1. HE CARES

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

He cares so much for his goalies that he suggests they don’t let the puck hit them in case it hurts. 

That guy needs to GO. He’s obviously fvcking terrible at his job. Blackwood has gotten WORSE since this guy showed up. Ever hear of rebound control Dave? 

• Like 6