• Draft Slafkovsky
    • Draft Nemec
    • Draft Jiricek
    • Trade down
    • Trade for immediate help
    • Draft Cooley
    • Other

49 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Learning more and more than Pronman is a clickbaity idiot.

I've started to think that about quite a few of the articles written by various authors at the Athletic lately.  Which is a shame.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Thats fun that people are against drafting defenseman over center because of consensus. But after years crying about Makar.

I would say yes to Injuricek, but he wasn't look as a good skater after return. If Scouts think he is BPA, they should take some assets in trade. Im not a guy who wants to draft Nemec because of his lack of defensive active game, I like Gauthier, but as 2nd oa is too much. At least trade with Seattle if  don't wanna bored/stagnant Wright or non driver small Cooley. But I prefer Wright as 2nd oa. Even with his lack of high 200 foot skills. He isn't as good as Slaf, but he is a very good prospects. Or trade down, if believe there are Better Player Available. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

If this is his nickname, stay the fvck away from him. I can’t deal with guys who are always fvcking injured. 

Its a my joke. He was injured hard. And his skating wasn't on the same level after return. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm glad Stranger Things is coming out tomorrow plus i have a 8 hours drive to Quebec, then i'll be seeing a bunch of my favourite bands all weekend then i have to drive back. That's gonna take a chunk off the waiting time

Yup, my daughter is away until Saturday night so I have to wait because we watch it together. Definitely going to be tough to wait. 

2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Is it just me or does this draft just feel bland? Not saying there aren’t stars in it. Just that I don’t care about it to be honest. I will be happy with whomever we pick,but it just feels like a dud.  Like a wet fart draft. 

Yeah, it’s not exciting so far.

This draft isn't exciting because of you, guys, not because of draft or players on this draft. You are not informed, not involved and tired from this picks year after year with disappointing seasons. 

But draft is good. May be not as good as 2020, but its better than 18, 21 and may be even 19, if we talk about deep.

Injuricek is a risky pick. But his ceiling is one of the best in the last 5 years. Like everybody says "high risk, high reward". 

Anyway, I don't think Fitz will make trade down or leave Wright in the moment. Wright isn't as good as Slaf ofcourse but he is a very great prospect. As top 3 pick, he has ceiling higher than Nico as offensive player, higher than Nolan, he isn't Mcdavid or Mister Canada mustaches, but he isn't bad, or meh or just a good player. His ceiling is on the Tavares level. Tavares isn't the best player of his draft, but he still absolute deserves  to be picked by the first pick. By the second pick - of course. And on this draft we have interesting players..  

like Slaf, who is obviously much more interesting player,

like Nazar, who is "Barzal" of this draft because of his skating, 200 foot game and how he manage defensemen,

Like Gauthier, who reminds me Arnott very hard,

Even Nemec and Jiricek, first one should work on defensive game and should be much more pro active, and second one should work on his skating after injury, but both have first pair potential or even better 

There are players, who theoretically have higher ceiling, but combo of floor and ceiling of Wright, combo of playmaking and shooting- Wright is a very good prospect to be picked. He will make our team much better. Its a luck we have a shot on him. You just can't find some dophamines to joy. I would say Wright is better than Stuzle, may be even better than Lafreniere as 200 for player, better than Kakko in every aspect of the game. Its hard to compare him with Byfield, because I didn't like how Byfield produced in his junior league, it doesn't work on nhl level, but potential is great. But Wright is good. Its a top-10 non Nhl player right from the draft. 

Its a great day for organisation. With luck to have a pick in top 2, devils bring themselves into the contending very hard. The only thing they should do is sign really good goalie.

Of course if you want to trade the pick or/and sign big name who will hurt our contending window really hard and Devils repeat Chicago story(but with no winning cups) or actual Minnesota wild story( who traded great young player for meh pick and good defensive prospect with ceiling "second pair awesomely home stand defenseman"), you will not find any dophamines. But its your own thing.

Neither D men will be picked 1-3 it's be 3 fw's in that order. Nemec/Jiricek are not Makar. Devils imo sure as hell aren't picking one of those D men.