• Draft Slafkovsky
    • Draft Nemec
    • Draft Jiricek
    • Trade down
    • Trade for immediate help
    • Draft Cooley
    • Other

9 hours ago, slasher72 said:

Note to Fitz/Kate Madigan...Please dont trade the 2OA to Vancouver for JT Miller. Please don't. 

I'll riot outside the Prudential Center if he's stupid enough to package the 2OA for JT Miller

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

watched some shane wright interviews and he’s a bit of a goober lol

I do think IF we draft him that he's going to be slightly disappointed. Not because its us, but just because of context.

I know he REALLY want to go #1 no matter what. So you can tell in interviews when he talks about MTL, the team, the facilities, he REALLY wants to play it like he's excited about it and has a bit more personality. While i felt when talking about NJ his answers are more... i dont want to say scripted but more like just more blend and straight up.

IF we were first it would be different of course.

But i also think he sees MTL as a team he can go there as #1 but also almost have a guaranteed spot in the top 6 as a center. which i assume he wants.

In NJ, he won't go #1 so he's going to be disappointed, plus he knows his top 6 centre spot isnt available, unless he somehow outplay hischier or that there's an injury. So a bit less of a clear path of exactly what he wants.

But suck it up kiddo.

Edited by SterioDesign

28 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I do think IF we draft him that he's going to be slightly disappointed. Not because its us, but just because of context.

I know he REALLY want to go #1 no matter what. So you can tell in interviews when he talks about MTL, the team, the facilities, he REALLY wants to play it like he's excited about it and has a bit more personality. While i felt when talking about NJ his answers are more... i dont want to say scripted but more like just more blend and straight up.

IF we were first it would be different of course.

But i also think he sees MTL as a team he can go there as #1 but also almost have a guaranteed spot in the top 6 as a center. which i assume he wants.

In NJ, he won't go #1 so he's going to be disappointed, plus he knows his top 6 centre spot isnt available, unless he somehow outplay hischier or that there's an injury. So a bit less of a clear path of exactly what he wants.

But suck it up kiddo.

Talk about motivation to show why he should have gone #1.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

19 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Buccigross saying he thinks Tkachuk will be traded from Calgary.

Does 2OA, Holtz, and another prospect get it done? 

I’ll do 2OA, a top 5-protected 1 in 2023, Holtz, and another prospect of their choice not named Luke Hughes. 

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’ll do 2OA, a top 5-protected 1 in 2023, Holtz, and another prospect of their choice not named Luke Hughes. 

Thats a bit much. I know it may be what it takes... But realistically... even if tkatchuk gets 100 pts every season... trading 3 younger guys who could produce quite a bit for him may not be smart, especially since we need more scoring and balanced scoring

Slaf or Wright + Holtz + that other first round pick plus that other prospect would give us more than 100 pts combined per season. Hell, just slaf or Holtz might get close to 80 ech if things go well.

Wouldnt want to put all my eggs in the same basket. cause if that basket drops... all the eggs are fvcked... 

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Thats a bit much. I know it may be what it takes... But realistically... even if tkatchuk gets 100 pts every season... trading 3 younger guys who could produce quite a bit for him may not be smart, especially since we need more scoring and balanced scoring

Slaf or Wright + Holtz + that other first round pick plus that other prospect would give us more than 100 pts combined per season. Hell, just slaf or Holtz might get close to 80 ech if things go well.

Wouldnt want to put all my eggs in the same basket. cause if that basket drops... all the eggs are fvcked... 

I hear you….. it is a lot. But Matthew Tkachuk is EXACTLY what we need. I mean, he checks every box. So I’ll pay the hefty price for him if that’s what it takes. I just think he’d be a perfect fit. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I hear you….. it is a lot. But Matthew Tkachuk is EXACTLY what we need. I mean, he checks every box. So I’ll pay the hefty price for him if that’s what it takes. I just think he’d be a perfect fit. 

Yeah... it's just that you win championship with depth too. And if we'd pull that move. We'd be literally cancelling 3 years of sucking and rebuild for that one move... which would give us one more top line guy. But take out 3 top 6 guys too. Something to think about

Don't get me wrong, i REALLY want him. But you have to look at the big picture too

It's the same thing is.... if we need a scoring winger... do we prefer to trade the 2nd overall for like... debrincat? Or sign a guy like forsberg or gaudreau... so that we have him AND the second overall. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Has there been any indication of M. Tkachuck wanting to go to Ottawa to play with his brother?

Well i don't think we need indications for that. It's probably a given. And im sure Ottawa is trying to figure out if they can package their 7th overall to make it happen too. Im guessing

We do have "decent" players that we can easily include in trade packages that are not 100% useless (some are close to 100% but not 100%)

Tatar, Zacha, Johnsson, Kuokkanen, Boqvist could all be traded and i dont think we'd be missing a beat.

I'd throw Holtz in some package and i'd throw a protected top 5 first overall next season easily too.

If we can a goalie, a top line left winger and maybe upgrade our 3C or 3 RW. We'd be in pretty good shape. Especially with some of the kids we have coming in the next few years

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

who the actual fvck is gonna trade for a rental of Thomas Tatar lmao

teams needing to reach the floor

4 minutes ago, Crisis said:

For M Tkachuk no less.

I feel like you'd have to swap for Bratt and a 1st/Holtz.

i didnt say it was for tkachuk. I just said these are the players we CAN trade without skipping a beat