• Draft Slafkovsky
    • Draft Nemec
    • Draft Jiricek
    • Trade down
    • Trade for immediate help
    • Draft Cooley
    • Other

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

schneider trade was bad because it was a team on the steady decline for a goalie who didn't fit any remote window. 

this is a team on the up-swing badly in need of a starting goaltender. (I also don't think you can compare SV% stats across different seasons like that. Everyone had a career scoring year this year, and even the best goalies in the world like Vasilevski weren't in the 92's.)

I asked if you'd trade the 2nd overall for Gibson and 10th overall. That's not the same thing as 2nd overall for Gibson straight up. 

thats true but i also said that i don't want gibson at all. So it would be like trading the 2nd overall for the 10th overall for me

and for all we know, Gibson might win the vezina this year and im eating crows. who knows

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

schneider trade was bad because it was a team on the steady decline for a goalie who didn't fit any remote window. 

this is a team on the up-swing badly in need of a starting goaltender. (I also don't think you can compare SV% stats across different seasons like that. Everyone had a career scoring year this year, and even the best goalies in the world like Vasilevski weren't in the 92's.)

I asked if you'd trade the 2nd overall for Gibson and 10th overall. That's not the same thing as 2nd overall for Gibson straight up. 

That's fair.  My qualifier was mostly tongue in cheek based on how hilariously similar my hand picked seasons were.

But I still don't think I would want to move down that far for John Gibson.  Like SD said, it would have to be a legit fvcking goalie which I don't think you will find.  Gibson seems to be getting worse and not better.  Emphasis on seems because I don't watch that many Ducks games.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I hear you….. it is a lot. But Matthew Tkachuk is EXACTLY what we need. I mean, he checks every box. So I’ll pay the hefty price for him if that’s what it takes. I just think he’d be a perfect fit. 

I would make the trade for a proven guy who's done it at this level instead of hoping a combination of others work out over time. Especially a guy like Tkachuk that brings things none of these guys do.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

We do have "decent" players that we can easily include in trade packages that are not 100% useless (some are close to 100% but not 100%)

Tatar, Zacha, Johnsson, Kuokkanen, Boqvist could all be traded and i dont think we'd be missing a beat.

Where are the “decent” players on that list?

• Confused 1

I would like to see more trade proposals with Ty Smith involved. He's pathetic defensively. Offensively all he does is lob weak wrist shots into a pile of players in front of the net. He's the worst player in the entire league. I'd give him away for free.

2 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

I would like to see more trade proposals with Ty Smith involved. He's pathetic defensively. Offensively all he does is lob weak wrist shots into a pile of players in front of the net. He's the worst player in the entire league. I'd give him away for free.

100%. Put Smith, Zacha, and Johnsson in some sort of trade package and ship them out. 

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

these posts always make me lol. 12 months ago he was one of the most exciting young defensive players in hockey. the devils can control him for several more years. why sell low? trade him at his absolute lowest value?

Some teams may still see his potential in a trade though.

Its a timing thing. If we can get something worth his projected value and that it works. why not

We have Graves, Siegenthaler and Luke Hughes is coming up... unless we move one to the right side, there's no room for all those guys anyway

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MB3 said:

these posts always make me lol. 12 months ago he was one of the most exciting young defensive players in hockey. the devils can control him for several more years. why sell low? trade him at his absolute lowest value?

Of course we should move him, should be an easy upgrade too, as I am sure there are a bunch of teams who would fight it out to give us the best offer on “the worst player in the league”. 

29 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Absolutely not. His best days are likely behind him. 

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Why do you say this? He's only 24 and has never failed to put up at least 40pts a season(and that was in a really bad year).

This has me scratching my head as well…

17 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

We have Graves, Siegenthaler and Luke Hughes is coming up... unless we move one to the right side, there's no room for all those guys anyway

We have Graves for this season, maybe less if he gets shipped at the deadline. He’s been ok, but I don’t have him in the “absolutely must re-sign” category. 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

We do have "decent" players that we can easily include in trade packages that are not 100% useless (some are close to 100% but not 100%)

Tatar, Zacha, Johnsson, Kuokkanen, Boqvist could all be traded and i dont think we'd be missing a bea

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Where are the “decent” players on that list?

great question.

Those guys aren't assets that are bringing back much of anything that's going to help this team now. I think the term JAG was created for most if not all of them. "Decent" isn't good enough or shouldn't be at this point. So much  "decent" in your lineup gets you out of the playoff picture by the end of Nov. 

Still hoping the bar gets raised and we're not stuck with decent and so much of it.

6 minutes ago, titans04 said:

great question.

Those guys aren't assets that are bringing back much of anything that's going to help this team now. I think the term JAG was created for most if not all of them. "Decent" isn't good enough or shouldn't be at this point. So much  "decent" in your lineup gets you out of the playoff picture by the end of Nov. 

Still hoping the bar gets raised and we're not stuck with decent and so much of it.

I'll say it again, ALL I SAID is that these are guys we can trade without skipping a beat and that we can throw in a trade package. I never said they could bring anything amazing or anything like that, i literally just said we can get rid of those guys. They are just taking room on the lineup or doesn't really fit anywhere.

These are guys we can completely remove from the team, ideally through trade so that their salary is off the book. Addition by substraction. These guys combine for more than 10m per season. Some guys are talking about Gaudreau or forsberg being too expensive. I'd take any of those 2 instead of Tatar, Zacha, Kuokanen pis johnsson, and just move up cheap youngsters.

Is this clear boys? 

Edited by SterioDesign