• Draft Slafkovsky
    • Draft Nemec
    • Draft Jiricek
    • Trade down
    • Trade for immediate help
    • Draft Cooley
    • Other

26 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Why do you say this? He's only 24 and has never failed to put up at least 40pts a season(and that was in a really bad year).

I meant trading the 2OA for 28/29 year old goaltender John Gibson from Anaheim. 

Edited by slasher72

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'll say it again, ALL I SAID is that these are guys we can trade without skipping a beat and that we can throw in a trade package. I never said they could bring anything amazing or anything like that, i literally just said we can get rid of those guys. They are just taking room on the lineup or doesn't really fit anywhere.

These are guys we can completely remove from the team, ideally through trade so that their salary is off the book. Addition by substraction. These guys combine for more than 10m per season. Some guys are talking about Gaudreau or forsberg being too expensive. I'd take any of those 2 instead of Tatar, Zacha, Kuokanen pis johnsson, and just move up cheap youngsters.

Is this clear boys? 

Nobody is arguing they can't be lost. Everyone wants to lose them.  The argument is that you called a bunch of stiffs "decent" players. 

11 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I meant trading the 2OA for 28/29 year old goaltender John Gibson from Anaheim. 

I want no part of Gibson at all really, let alone for 2OA. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'll say it again, ALL I SAID is that these are guys we can trade without skipping a beat and that we can throw in a trade package. I never said they could bring anything amazing or anything like that, i literally just said we can get rid of those guys. They are just taking room on the lineup or doesn't really fit anywhere.

These are guys we can completely remove from the team, ideally through trade so that their salary is off the book. Addition by substraction. These guys combine for more than 10m per season. Some guys are talking about Gaudreau or forsberg being too expensive. I'd take any of those 2 instead of Tatar, Zacha, Kuokanen pis johnsson, and just move up cheap youngsters.

Is this clear boys? 

Just taking out the trash. Just need to felice a GM into taking them as a part of a deal or one on one whatever the scenario is and sending a better asset our way.  Rarely happens. They're plugs.  Hoping we see much less of these type of roster fillers going forward.

Edited by titans04

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I again feel like I'm screaming into an echo chamber. 

If the Habs draft Slaf and the Devils don't love Wright, I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world for the Devils to trade 2OA for Gibson and the 10th overall pick. That is several decibels different than trading for Gibson straight-up. Especially since it's likely that at least one of Gauthier, Kemell, or Kasper is available at that pick. 

He's got a 0.904 save percentage over the last 3 years. He isn't worth missing out on a better pick for. What the fvck do we want with another close to .900 goalie?

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

If the Habs draft Slaf and the Devils don't love Wright, I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world for the Devils to trade 2OA for Gibson and the 10th overall pick. That is several decibels different than trading for Gibson straight-up. Especially since it's likely that at least one of Gauthier, Kemell, or Kasper is available at that pick. 

Why would they even do that though?

They have like 3-4 UFA goalies available that are better than him. That they can just sign without giving any assets.

It would be a terrible move to trade for a goalie, pass on many talented players like Wright, Cooley, Nemec, Gauthier, Jiricek etc etc etc... just to get a .904 goalie and a 10th pick.

Much better approach to draft someone and sign one of those UFA

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Wondering if anyone is under the impression that the fans will be as excited as they were after tonight as they were when Kovalsuck came to the Devils.  I’m guessing no.

What the fvck is even is this post? It makes no fvcking sense. 

Edited by MadDog2020

21 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Gibson pretty much has negative value at this point given his contract and play the last few years.

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Seravalli reporting that the Sens are pushing to make a trade for DeBrincat. 

That would've been the dream. Damn. 

7th and 39th straight up for DeBrincat. 

I'll say it -- the Devils could have and should have beaten that offer. 

I mean, we have 2 and 37, isn't that better than 7 and 39?

Maybe this implies that Fitz isn't as willing to trade 2OA as some think. 

Edited by mfitz804

Well fvck...

Just now, MB3 said:

That's not enough. Holtz doesn't have the same value as a 7th overall pick.

I wish the Devils made this trade work. 2OA and a 3rd probably does it. Damn. 

Well he's literally a 7th overall pick with some experience

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

That's not enough. Holtz doesn't have the same value as a 7th overall pick.

I wish the Devils made this trade work. 2OA and a 3rd probably does it. Damn. 

Yeah but you're getting an established young star for a pick that may or may not pan out. That sounds too risky

Well wtv... i would have liked to get Debrincat...

BUT he's smaller and we need to acquire size for our top line.

The ideal scenario for me was always to keep our pick, trade for a top top perfect match like Tkachuk... and just sign a free agent like Gaudreau or Forsberg.

So im fine with this. Maybe means that Fitz has something even better up his sleeve

Edited by SterioDesign