• Draft Slafkovsky
    • Draft Nemec
    • Draft Jiricek
    • Trade down
    • Trade for immediate help
    • Draft Cooley
    • Other

Just now, titans04 said:

this is true. We heard all season that Ty was only 21 years old and defense is the hardest position to learn/play in the NHL and it requires patience, you can't rush these things.  So yeah I completely get the hesitation in thinking this guy is going to contribute at a meaningful level any time soon.

Not sure what the injury history is can someone share anything on that?

Regardless he's ours now so hopefully he's successful.

That was my fault. Jiricek is the one with injury issues

Just now, MB3 said:

I think he hasn't quite figured out that Nemec and Jiricek are different players, which is nearly laugh-out-loud funny because of the outrage. 

I just admitted I made a mistake which is an alien concept to you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Luke Hughes is nhl ready now. He didn’t need the second year. Why are you so sure Nemec will need a second year too? Maybe he plays in the AHL next year and is ready to come up in 2024 when Luke comes up. Maybe he kills it like Dawson Mercer and plays a full season with the Devils next year.

Hughes committed to another year of college

Edited by DevsMan84

Just now, MB3 said:

It makes me sad that you actually believe this. 

It’s a fact. Can you point out one other poster calling names? 

Also, it’s funny how you’re all about cap management, cost/team control lol. Big 360 lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJD16W said:

This is exactly what the reaction would have looked like in 2017 if the Devils would have drafted Makar over Hischier & Patrick.

If I’m wrong I’m willing to eat sh!t.  However with this teams history of the past 10 years I’m not giving them any benefit of a doubt.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Hughes committee to another year of college

I know that’s my point. He didn’t need to. He wanted to. He could play for the Devils next season if he wanted to. 

There’s no reason to just assume Nemec will need two years of development. 

7 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

Yes Lol, if he's on the second pair I'd assume our D is pretty dam good then, like teams like Tampa etc, a great fkin problem to have. Lmao 

The Devils once had a guy named Niedermayer on our "2nd" line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MB3 said:

I said like.... I dunno, 8 separate times that I'd prefer DeBrincat. I'm just not ready to light my house on fire with my SUPER HOT WIFE WHO MET KEN DANEYKO LMAO RIGHT GUYS because of it. 

There you go again.  Now if I mention this again will you run and cry to DM to try to get me banned like the other poster?  You can certainly sling sh!t but you fall apart into a raging mess when it gets thrown back at you.

2 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

This is exactly what the reaction would have looked like in 2017 if the Devils would have drafted Makar over Hischier & Patrick.

100%. And I’ll admit- I would’ve been one of the ones complaining in that scenario. I would’ve been dead wrong. I hope all of the people complaining tonight are also dead wrong. 

Edited by MadDog2020

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I said like.... I dunno, 8 separate times that I'd prefer DeBrincat. I'm just not ready to light my house on fire with my SUPER HOT WIFE WHO MET KEN DANEYKO LMAO RIGHT GUYS because of it. 

I don't think anyone is ready to burn it all down, but this kind of pick kind of shows how out of touch our Organization is with our immediate needs.

• Like 2

I knew this forum 100% but i'm still so sad seeing how much people can dig hard to feel annoyed, sad ... Wanting to be right is one thing but be so sure that we are fvcked while taking what appear to be a really good player that will help us (and i have no idea when he will... but no one really know for sure)

It's tough trying enjoying this draft with all this hate, doom & gloom.

No idea if that pick was the right move, but no one really know. I will take the option at being optimistic. Because... Why not ? 

• Like 5

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

I don't think anyone is ready to burn it all down, but this kind of pick kind of shows how out of touch our Organization is with our immediate needs.

5 years ago we were planning for five years from then.  Now, we are still doing the same and planning for 2026.

I don’t understand why people can’t let those who don’t like the pick, vent. Is it really a horrendously bad take to not like the selection? Can you really not see the ‘this pick is very disappointing’ perspective?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

Yeah man, an organization with Dougie Hamilton as their only solid D-Man UNIVERALLY fvcked up by picking a top-5 D pick, totally 

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

You don’t draft 18 year olds to fill immediate needs. That’s what trades and free agency are for. 

• Like 3