Throw out a scenario here:

To NJD:

Q. Hughes

B. Boeser

+?

To VAN:

2OA

+?

Is there any scenario here where you'd entertain this?  What would the "+" need to be to make this passable for both sides?

- 2OA

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Throw out a scenario here:

To NJD:

Q. Hughes

B. Boeser

+?

To VAN:

2OA

+?

Is there any scenario here where you'd entertain this?  What would the "+" need to be to make this passable for both sides?

They would most likely demand Bratt in the return, along with pieces a'la Mercer

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

They would most likely demand Bratt in the return, along with pieces a'la Mercer

Yeah you're not getting without giving.  You're getting what should be all prime cost-controlled seasons out of Q Hughes.  Mercer has a year of NHL experience and should get better, but he's not a gimme.  And Holtz is definitely a question mark...as long as he's here, I'm sure as hell hoping it happens for him, but not going to pretend he's some sure thing at this point.  They're gonna want someone who's been productive in the NHL...Bratt would fit the bill.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Guadana said:

If you will compare good players from draft with bad players from previous draft with “he is the same size” or “I don’t like his euro face” or “ his surname is too hard to spell for Daneyko” we will never be a good team.

Zacha's face is one of the few things about him that isn't on my list of dislikes.

I just don't want another bust and because Slaf shot up last min vs Cooley that has always been ranked high Slaf comes off to me as more of a risky pick "maybe" pick. I lean risk adverse and just say take BPA and that to me is Cooley. A lot of people like slaf cause he is big but my gut tells me Cooley's lack of size won't affect his ability to transition his game to the NHL.

Edited by NJDevils1214

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Zacha's face is one of the few things about him that isn't on my list of dislikes.

I just don't want another bust and because Slaf shot up last min vs Cooley that has always been ranked high Slaf comes off to me as more of a risky pick "maybe" pick. I lean risk adverse and just say take BPA and that to me is Cooley. A lot of people like slaf cause he is big but my gut tells me Cooley's lack of size won't affect his ability to transition his game to the NHL.

This is the most surface analyse I did read int he past few weeks. 
You have 9K posts here. As I understand you didn`t watch some games of them, You can read this forum closely and find more info about what people love in Slaf, if you want from people to read your comments too.  Your(and not only your) mantra of Best Player Available doesn`t work, because you shold start to name where Cooley is better.

Edited by Guadana

2 hours ago, Guadana said:

This is the most surface analyse I did read int he past few weeks. 
You have 9K posts here. As I understand you didn`t watch some games of them, You can read this forum closely and find more info about what people love in Slaf, if you want from people to read your comments too.  Your(and not only your) mantra of Best Player Available doesn`t work, because you shold start to name where Cooley is better.

Burn.

10 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I want them to go with the guy they think has the highest potential, not the safest.

• Like 2

I'm listening to the 32 Thoughts Podcast from June 3rd where they talk about the Scouting Combine and Jeff Marek mentions that Slafkovsky was asked by a few teams if he can play center.  Two teams that Slafkovsky named were New Jersey and Vancouver.  Friedman then chimes in that sure, Slaf is on the Devils radar, by why Vancouver?  They're selecting 15th..

And that, my friends, is how rumors are started.  2OA for Quinn Hughes and the trifecta is now complete.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

I'm listening to the 32 Thoughts Podcast from June 3rd where they talk about the Scouting Combine and Jeff Marek mentions that Slafkovsky was asked by a few teams if he can play center.  Two teams that Slafkovsky named were New Jersey and Vancouver.  Friedman then chimes in that sure, Slaf is on the Devils radar, by why Vancouver?  They're selecting 15th..

And that, my friends, is how rumors are started.  2OA for Quinn Hughes and the trifecta is now complete.

So it got me thinking of who has term and is good enough to be valued in part of a deal for the 2nd overall in Vancouver.

most of their guys have 1-2 years left before UFA status. Garland, OEL & Quinn all have 4 & 5 each respectively. Out of those three, Quinn is the only one I’d say is close to 2nd overall worthy…

• Like 2

It would cost so, so fvcking much to get Quinn Hughes. It's the dream but it seems nearly impossible.

2OA, 2023 lotto-protected 1st, 2022 2nd, Ty Smith and Arseni Gritsyuk? Like, that feels realistic but it also feels like a psychotic overpay. 

38 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It would cost so, so fvcking much to get Quinn Hughes. It's the dream but it seems nearly impossible.

2OA, 2023 lotto-protected 1st, 2022 2nd, Ty Smith and Arseni Gritsyuk? Like, that feels realistic but it also feels like a psychotic overpay. 

No thanks, i dont know why people act like this guy is the absolute end all be all.. enough with this already. He’s not the only quality defenseman in hockey and just because both of his brothers will be in the organization doesn’t mean we need to have him too. Keep it moving. 

44 minutes ago, MB3 said:

That’s because it is a psychotic overpay. 

• Like 1

You can’t have Quinn. It’s like when you play Monopoly and your opponent owns Boardwalk and then you land on Park Place. You don’t really want to spend the money on it , but you do just to keep the other guy from having the set. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s because it is a psychotic overpay. 

It is but that’s probably what it would take.  The Canucks don’t want to trade him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It is but that’s probably what it would take.  The Canucks don’t want to trade him.

Nor do they have a reason to. He’s signed to a long-term, team-friendly deal. There is literally no reason for Vancouver to trade Quinn unless he demanded it himself, which he would never do. 

Edited by MadDog2020

Let's hope Fitz or next gm will not do this type of move. The only one player, I could think about to trade  for QH is Hamilton. But again- it doesn't help and make real problems more problematic.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

I think we're all just trying to have a little fun here. Three brothers who are apparently very close and have immense potential, aaand we have 2 out of 3. It's a sports fairy tale you'd love to see come true.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crisis said:

I think we're all just trying to have a little fun here. Three brothers who are apparently very close and have immense potential, aaand we have 2 out of 3. It's a sports fairy tale you'd love to see come true.

It would be great on the ice, locker room but also from a marketing standpoint, having this trio of american superstar on one team would certainly give the team a bigger spotlight, which wouldn't be the worst thing for NJ to be honest.

12 hours ago, Guadana said:

Let's hope Fitz or next gm will not do this type of move. The only one player, I could think about to trade  for QH is Hamilton. But again- it doesn't help and make real problems more problematic.

lol huh

why the fvck would vancouver trade Quinn Hughes for an older, more expensive, slightly worse Quinn Hughes? 

If the Devils can pry him away, what are the problems that become more problematic? I don’t think it’s likely, I’d be closer to saying it’s impossible, but this is a bizarre post.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

lol huh

why the fvck would vancouver trade Quinn Hughes for an older, more expensive, slightly worse Quinn Hughes? 

If the Devils can pry him away, what are the problems that become more problematic? I don’t think it’s likely, I’d be closer to saying it’s impossible, but this is a bizarre post.

i know the answer!!

Guadana pointed out many times that we have too many dmen on the left, that's why he didnt want us to draft Luke. So trading Hamilton who's our top RD for another LD... would make our problems more problematic.

15 hours ago, MB3 said:

lol huh

That was not about realistic trade. You completely missed the message.   

Like Sterio said, we have Luke, Smith(hope we will trade him), Siegs and Graves, Shaq, Ok and Bahl. Team isn't hard to play against, team have enough talent to drive the play. Even if you trade qh for Hamilton(pp quarterback for quarterback) you still lose on the right side. If you just add qh (for something like 2nd oa), you just adding another qb. Devils wouldnt be harder to play against, and team cap will going tighter without space for solving real problems.

Devils have Luke, Severson and Hamilton. Its enough qb's for one team. And they will eat a lot of cap space. 15+ mil only for Sevs and Dougie. Remember, year ago you did try to dispute with me about salary of Severson. Would be fun to see how it will going. I did say he will got 6/7mil+ or something like that. You did say its ridiculous (like you are always saying and after time something gonna happen) and it will never gonna happened. Are you still believe in your words, or story repeating storyself once again?

We don't need in qh and we don't have capspace for the luxury to have him. 

If you wanna help the team, try to find proved and healthy goalie, solid right handed defensive defenseman and try to think about third liners, players who can work hard and spend a lot of minutes, terrorise opponents and spend time on pk. If you will play in ea nhl career mode and sign gaudreau and trading for qh, you will win it. But its not a game, devils are not away from SC in one JG and one QH. 

55 mil without Bratt. Sharangovich will sign new deal next year. Wood will sign this year. Mercer two years after. Sevs, Sigs and Graves will sign next year. With JG and Bratt only you will have 72+ mil under your cap. 69-70 with QH and Bratt. Tatar and Johnsson will gone, but  Graves and Siegenthaler will eat even more. You still have no goalie, your right defensemen doesn't exist, your third line made of nothing. Your top 6 burying in own zone against really good players.

"Your" team is fun to watch but easy to play against, with Gaudreau or QH, especially with both. And will lose talent, that team spend years for grabbing. Its not a  one ps5 season. Your strategy to grab every big name you heard, wil not work.

Edited by Guadana

8 hours ago, Guadana said:

55 mil without Bratt. Sharangovich will sign new deal next year. Wood will sign this year. Mercer two years after. Sevs, Sigs and Graves will sign next year. With JG and Bratt only you will have 72+ mil under your cap. 69-70 with QH and Bratt. Tatar and Johnsson will gone, but  Graves and Siegenthaler will eat even more. You still have no goalie, your right defensemen doesn't exist, your third line made of nothing. Your top 6 burying in own zone against really good players.

There is no scenario where I tell myself that signing Graves and Siegenthaler to extensions is a better move than giving that money to Quinn Hughes. 

48 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There is no scenario where I tell myself that signing Graves and Siegenthaler to extensions is a better move than giving that money to Quinn Hughes. 

I’m not surprised.

9 hours ago, Guadana said:

That was not about realistic trade. You completely missed the message.   

Like Sterio said, we have Luke, Smith(hope we will trade him), Siegs and Graves, Shaq, Ok and Bahl. Team isn't hard to play against, team have enough talent to drive the play. Even if you trade qh for Hamilton(pp quarterback for quarterback) you still lose on the right side. If you just add qh (for something like 2nd oa), you just adding another qb. Devils wouldnt be harder to play against, and team cap will going tighter without space for solving real problems.

Devils have Luke, Severson and Hamilton. Its enough qb's for one team. And they will eat a lot of cap space. 15+ mil only for Sevs and Dougie. Remember, year ago you did try to dispute with me about salary of Severson. Would be fun to see how it will going. I did say he will got 6/7mil+ or something like that. You did say its ridiculous (like you are always saying and after time something gonna happen) and it will never gonna happened. Are you still believe in your words, or story repeating storyself once again?

We don't need in qh and we don't have capspace for the luxury to have him. 

If you wanna help the team, try to find proved and healthy goalie, solid right handed defensive defenseman and try to think about third liners, players who can work hard and spend a lot of minutes, terrorise opponents and spend time on pk. If you will play in ea nhl career mode and sign gaudreau and trading for qh, you will win it. But its not a game, devils are not away from SC in one JG and one QH. 

"Your" team is fun to watch but easy to play against, with Gaudreau or QH, especially with both. And will lose talent, that team spend years for grabbing. Its not a  one ps5 season. Your strategy to grab every big name you heard, wil not work.

I know you like to think that you’re some brilliant all-watching all-seeing fan who knows better than scouts, GMs, coaches, and especially other fans — but I don’t think anyone else sees you like that. I’m sorry bud. 

I don’t quite understand your severson comment. Ive been defending severson to a fault, anyone who’s paid attention knows Sevo is one of my pet cats and I think he’s underrated by this forum. But he’s also a FA soon, and if the Devils make a move for Quinn Hughes it doesn’t happen in a vacuum. Obviously that leaves room for the Devils to trade Severson or simply move on. 

I’m not debating the possibility of Quinn coming here. You’ll also see that I figured any trade for Quinn includes Ty Smith, which is another defenseman you listed in your apparent stable of NHL defenseman that haven’t yet come to fruition. I’ll worry about Okthuyuk’s handedness after it becomes more evident that he’ll have more than a cup of coffee in the NHL, if that’s ok with you. 

Your argument is that Quinn Hughes doesn’t make the Devils a better team. That’s paramountly untrue and bordering on ridiculous. You bring up Johnny Hockey like I’m making some prediction that the Devils will treat this off-season like George Steinbrenner on cocaine (more cocaine?) and sign Gaudreau, trade for Tkachuk and trade for Hughes. Nobody said that, you’re just an angry fella screaming at the sky. 

Acting like the salary cap will damage any part on the success of this team in the next 4 years is short sighted and silly. They can absolutely fit Bratt and Quinn Hughes. Siegenthaler is an RFA, Gravy and Severson can be shown the door when the crop of young defenseman you’re so excited about grow into their roles. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

I know you like to think that you’re some brilliant all-watching all-seeing fan who knows better than scouts, GMs, coaches, and especially other fans — but I don’t think anyone else sees you like that. I’m sorry bud. 

I don’t quite understand your severson comment. Ive been defending severson to a fault, anyone who’s paid attention knows Sevo is one of my pet cats and I think he’s underrated by this forum. But he’s also a FA soon, and if the Devils make a move for Quinn Hughes it doesn’t happen in a vacuum. Obviously that leaves room for the Devils to trade Severson or simply move on. 

I’m not debating the possibility of Quinn coming here. You’ll also see that I figured any trade for Quinn includes Ty Smith, which is another defenseman you listed in your apparent stable of NHL defenseman that haven’t yet come to fruition. I’ll worry about Okthuyuk’s handedness after it becomes more evident that he’ll have more than a cup of coffee in the NHL, if that’s ok with you. 

Your argument is that Quinn Hughes doesn’t make the Devils a better team. That’s paramountly untrue and bordering on ridiculous. You bring up Johnny Hockey like I’m making some prediction that the Devils will treat this off-season like George Steinbrenner on cocaine (more cocaine?) and sign Gaudreau, trade for Tkachuk and trade for Hughes. Nobody said that, you’re just an angry fella screaming at the sky. 

Acting like the salary cap will damage any part on the success of this team in the next 4 years is short sighted and silly. They can absolutely fit Bratt and Quinn Hughes. Siegenthaler is an RFA, Gravy and Severson can be shown the door when the crop of young defenseman you’re so excited about grow into their roles. 

Screaming? Not. I'm not high emotionally person. You can try to search my comments about severson from last year(I didn't make much, may be second page of searching), and you will find what's im talking about. Btw you can understand who is screaming person here.

Am I smarter(in my vision)? May be. I like to built logic, calculate and using proves and working examples. If a person can make some arguments, im in and that is what I want from it.  If person will try to make a rank of my vision... ok. Its internet. Im not so worry about what some random guy will say something stupid about me in the case of specific question. Time will tell, who was smart and who was rude. In the end everybody wants to make fun from it. My fun is build on what im building on it, you have  your own specific way. Its a post season hockey talks. Don't take it personally. We have different experience and vision and this is a way how we can show it. Nothing bad if your vision working on the smaller distance. And vision of some other person too. You just don't see what I do and don't think that I'm much more smarter than you in cases where I'm) 

Edited by Guadana