Jump to content

What to do with #2?


Jerzey
 Share

What should we do with the pick?  

56 members have voted

  1. 1. What should we do with the pick?

    • Draft Slafkovsky
    • Draft Nemec
    • Draft Jiricek
    • Trade down
    • Trade for immediate help
    • Draft Cooley
    • Other


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well wtv... i would have liked to get Debrincat...

BUT he's smaller and we need to acquire size for our top line.

The ideal scenario for me was always to keep our pick, trade for a top top perfect match like Tkachuk... and just sign a free agent like Gaudreau or Forsberg.

So im fine with this. Maybe means that Fitz has something even better down his sleeve

Fitz by Tom Fitzgerald? Our gm? You sure you got the right guy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So im fine with this. Maybe means that Fitz has something even better down his sleeve

 

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Once you do if he's looking for more work give me his number i clearly need that too.

Ok. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ottawa is putting together quite a little group

DeBrincat Norris Stützle Tkachuk Batherson Joseph Formenton Brown Pinto

Too bad they will lose most of them when it comes time for re-sign them to a big contract lol

Just now, mfitz804 said:

 

Ok. 

god damnit lolol

Up his sleeve***

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well wtv... i would have liked to get Debrincat...

BUT he's smaller and we need to acquire size for our top line.

The ideal scenario for me was always to keep our pick, trade for a top top perfect match like Tkachuk... and just sign a free agent like Gaudreau or Forsberg.

So im fine with this. Maybe means that Fitz has something even better down his sleeve

Down his sleeve for sure since his head is too busy being up his ass

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

god damnit lolol

Up his sleeve***

Maybe that's the problem, he keeps looking down his sleeve instead of up. 

Just now, MB3 said:

Maybe. Maybe Fitz didn't want to include a 2nd round pick and assumed nobody would beat his offer. 

DeBrincat has 2 40-goal campaigns (he really has 3 if you count the shortened season). How don't you make that happen, lol. 

Obviously we'll never know what happened but it does feel like a big miss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fitz gets a lot of credit from me for getting Dougie, but so help me God if he goes off the board at #2 or something.

I mean we were literally gifted an insane asset.  How the fvck do we not do something with it here.  Drafting a kid who's not NHL ready makes no sense with our timeline.

It's okay, we have time.  2.5 hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Can you at the very least wait til the end of the draft to be a fvcking moron, please. 

Do you really think Fitz is going to make a trade for a better player for that little of a return?!?  If he doesn't get Tkachuk will that finally convince you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Can you at the very least wait til the end of the draft to be a fvcking moron, please. 

No one knows what other talks are going around that include that pick and some other package. Be patient before we just jump off a bridge. I wanted cat too but let’s see if something else surfaces that could be equal or better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Fitz gets a lot of credit from me for getting Dougie, but so help me God if he goes off the board at #2 or something.

I mean we were literally gifted an insane asset.  How the fvck do we not do something with it here.  Drafting a kid who's not NHL ready makes no sense with our timeline.

It's okay, we have time.  2.5 hours.

If Fitz uses his #2 overall pick at this point I want him shot into the sun.  It's very unlikely any of the top 5 projected players are going to be anywhere good as DeBrincat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Do you really think Fitz is going to make a trade for a better player for that little of a return?!?  If he doesn't get Tkachuk will that finally convince you?

I said this even before the trade. i said this weeks ago.

The best possible scenario for us this summer is to KEEP that pick OR get the perfect return for it (Debrincat is NOT the ideal. Debrincat, Hughes and Bratt wouldn't do too well in the playoffs, way too small overall)

And sign a top winger like Gaudreau or Forsberg for free.

Having Gaudreau AND Slafkosky / Wright / Cooley. Is a LOT better than just having Debrincat. I don't care how stubborn you are.

And if we're trading the pick, it better be for someone like Tkachuk where there's no downside getting him.

So if that's the plan, im good for it.

4 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

No one knows what other talks are going around that include that pick and some other package. Be patient before we just jump off a bridge. I wanted cat too but let’s see if something else surfaces that could be equal or better. 

I wanted Cat too but not with the 2nd overall pick. i said this many many times

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

If the Devils draft Slafkovsky with 2OA, I'll be okay that they passed this up. He's a day-1 NHLer that can slide on Jack's wing and immediately help the team.

If it winds up being another "wait a few years" guy like Cooley, Jiricek or Nemec and Fitz prioritized that over a 3-time 40-goal scoring 24 year old, I'll be.... I'll be unhappy lol.

I have to imagine they were asking for something else from us that we didn't want to give. Can't have just been the picks...

...I mean it could have been, I just hope not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

I said this even before the trade. i said this weeks ago.

The best possible scenario for us this summer is to KEEP that pick OR get the perfect return for it (Debrincat is NOT the ideal. Debrincat, Hughes and Bratt wouldn't do too well in the playoffs, way too small overall)

And sign a top winger like Gaudreau or Forsberg for free.

Having Gaudreau AND Slafkosky / Wright / Cooley. Is a LOT better than just having Debrincat. I don't care how stubborn you are.

And if we're trading the pick, it better be for someone like Tkachuk where there's no downside getting him.

So if that's the plan, im good for it.

I wanted Cat too but not with the 2nd overall pick. i said this many many times

You are concerned about DeBrincat's size but not Gaudreau?  And Gaudreau is 5 years older and will likely be declining for the second half of whatever contract we sign him to?

DeBrincat will very likely be better than any of the top 5 draft picks.  This is the perfect draft to trade the 2nd overall since it's relatively weak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have to imagine they were asking for something else from us that we didn't want to give. Can't have just been the picks...

...I mean it could have been, I just hope not. 

Devils 2nd overall beats anything in the Ottawa offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

Perhaps Fitz is waiting to see where MTL goes to pull the trigger. Or maybe he's just got his head up his ass. Both are valid reasons 

Maybe Calgary (or whoever else) waits to see who's there at 2OA before committing to the trade.

We shall see soon enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

You are concerned about DeBrincat's size but not Gaudreau?  And Gaudreau is 5 years older and will likely be declining for the second half of whatever contract we sign him to?

DeBrincat will very likely be better than any of the top 5 draft picks.  This is the perfect draft to trade the 2nd overall since it's relatively weak.

Yeah but we're not comparing Debrincat and Gaudreau. That's what you're too stubborn to even see.

Gaudreau + Slafkovsky  > Debrincat

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

Perhaps Fitz is waiting to see where MTL goes to pull the trigger. Or maybe he's just got his head up his ass. Both are valid reasons 

I'm guessing the latter is more likely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess reserving judgement until seeing what the Devils actually do is too much to ask? There are clearly better value options than trading away literally everything for just Debrincat. We really don't need another forward that weighs 16 pounds. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah but we're not comparing Debrincat and Gaudreau. That's what you're too stubborn to even see.

Gaudreau + Slafkovsky  > Debrincat

Gaudreau + Wright  > Debrincat as well

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.