• Draft Slafkovsky
    • Draft Nemec
    • Draft Jiricek
    • Trade down
    • Trade for immediate help
    • Draft Cooley
    • Other

Just now, MB3 said:

Oh come off it my dude. You guys are melting down. I like you, I always have. The other two rage machines will scream in the corner that they hate me, and that's okay. I think calling a 2nd overall draft pick consensus top-5 right handed defenseman garnering this much of a visceral reaction is silly. I wanted DeBrincat too. I haven't denied that once. 

At the end of the day we all root for the same piece of laundry. Except for that one dude who says he hopes he's a bust. Lmao, imagine being that dude?

My wife is super hot. 

Dude, you were totally on the Tkachuk for our 2nd. I'm a bit flabbergasted that you're on board with this pick completely. You're not asking yourself, even a little bit, if there was something better out there?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

All I have to say is if this guy isn’t an elite defenseman I don’t want to hear crying ever again about waah Nico isn’t Makar cause they literally did the opposite of going with chalk here. Not only did they do that but they admitted that Nemec was a need pick which is a huge red flag to me.

Right, they did exactly what people are saying we should have done in the 2017 draft. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This one should be marked as one of those “was he right or was he wrong” posts to check in a few years. 

I hope I look like a damn fool when he makes his debut in 2028..But seriously, I hope I am wrong.

I am normally all on board with the patient building, but I just don’t get this kid at second overall. Not saying he’s not a good prospect, just that at second overall I’d expect more, or a trade for a debrincat/tckachuk/anyone who makes us better for next season. 

I guess my patience is wearing thin…

Edited by devlman

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I'm not on board! Look at my posts. I'm actually begging you to read my posts. I am sad they didn't trade for DeBrincat. 

I just recognize that there's a little area between "exactly what I wanted to happen!" and "literal worst day of my life" and that's where the pick lands. I'm not fist pumping or jumping up and down. I'm also not raging myself into an early grave when I finally tie a game worn jersey around my neck and yeet myself off of the tallest ladder I can find. 

I'm not saying this is the worst day of my life, but look at his stats. Nemec doesn't  really stand out plus he's a D and you know he's not ready for prime time for at least two seasons in order to make sure he develops properly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

Nemec has 48 points in 88 games in the Slovak league and 26 of those points came from this season. Makar was blowing it up before headed the Avs. The comparison is laughable.

I think the Devils put a lot of faith in the idea that maybe this guy may be good.

Yeah that's normally how drafts go for 100% of teams you absolute dingus lmao 

• Haha 4

Nemec has 48 points in 88 games in the Slovak league and 26 of those points came from this season. Makar was blowing it up before headed the Avs. The comparison is laughable.

I think the Devils put a lot of faith in the idea that maybe this guy may be good.

Are you serious, like for real? You can't have just made a post comparing what Makar did playing in a junior league against fellow 17 year olds before he went to college to what Nemec did in a mens league. 

• Like 2

i love that attitude. go big or go home. i'm excited for the future of this team. 

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Yeah that's normally how drafts go for 100% of teams you absolute dingus lmao 

Not true, Drangus. With these high picks something stands out. Nemec doesn't. Show me what makes him a solid pick at #2

1 minute ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

Are you serious, like for real? You can't have just made a post comparing what Makar did playing in a junior league against fellow 17 year olds before he went to college to what Nemec did in a mens league. 

I can and I did

6 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Makar played in the fvcking AJHL and at UMASS before going pro. Nemec played in a professional mens league since he was 15. The comparison is laughable, but not for the reasons you think. 

Just now, MB3 said:

We took a consensus top-5 defensive prospect 2nd overall. It will not be six (!?) years before he sees the ice. He fills a major positional need. Obviously Wright wasn't quite as good as he was projected. My cousin is a former player and his buddy (what a source! friend of a cousin of an internet forum memeber, ironclad you might say) works in some capacity with the LA Kings who got the impression that Wright simply doesn't love hockey all that much. Maybe that isn't true, but maybe that's why he's the first player in 10 years who had exceptional status in his D-2 year get selected outside the top-3. 

Right off the bat I’m disappointed - consensus top 5 defensemen going second overall already is a reach. They didn’t go BPA, they went on need, which is the wrong approach to drafting. Cooley is compared to Brayden Pointe. Hell, even Jiricek seemed the better pick.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Makar played in the fvcking AJHL and at UMASS before going pro. Nemec played in a professional mens league since he was 15. The comparison is laughable, but not for the reasons you think. 

It's cool. I don't mind being the laughing stock. I've heard that "he plays with manly men" stuff before. I'm sure it will pan out like it always has

• Like 1

I can't with y'all. I'm done for the night. 

How about this: someone quote me for their signature so in a few years when Nemec turns into an absolute stud unicorn D-Man I can be the grumpy 40-50-something year old coming here to ragepost like I'm a 23 year old on steroids, yelling about how I was right all along and how you're all idiots for wanting GM Patrik Elias to pick a D-Man in the 2030 draft 

Just now, MB3 said:

So my nephew has 45 goals so far through 9 games on his AA bantam Red Bank Generals B team. Since it's a B team they only let him score 5 goals a game.

Is he better than Slafkovsky who only had like 9 goals over a whole season? 

Again, show me what stands out that makes Nemec an absolute boon at 2nd overall

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

It's cool. I don't mind being the laughing stock. I've heard that "he plays with manly men" stuff before. I'm sure it will pan out like it always has

I don’t know how the fvck it’s gonna pan out, but you chronic malcontents just don’t have the ability to say ‘WELL fvck, I GUESS WE’LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.’ Which is what I’m gonna do before I go around proclaiming anything about anything. 

• Like 1

I wanted Slaf. Would have preferred Debrincat or Tkachuk to Nemec, but if none of those worked out, I don’t think taking a top 5 RHD is a terrible idea. You can’t always get what you want.  Passing on Wright might be considered a bad decision one day, but Nemec could end up being a really smart pick regardless considering our current center depth 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I can't with y'all. I'm done for the night. 

How about this: someone quote me for their signature so in a few years when Nemec turns into an absolute stud unicorn D-Man I can be the grumpy 40-50-something year old coming here to ragepost like I'm a 23 year old on steroids, yelling about how I was right all along and how you're all idiots for wanting GM Patrik Elias to pick a D-Man in the 2030 draft 

By the time he makes his debut we’ll be geriatrics posting from Mars.