1. 1. What should we do with the pick?

• Draft Slafkovsky
    • Draft Nemec
    • Draft Jiricek
    • Trade down
    • Trade for immediate help
    • Draft Cooley
    • Other

Can we stop with the Debrincat BS. He's a UFA in a year. They can throw money at him then. When they don't have to trade a 2nd overall pick. People act like the team would be a cup contender if they just would have mortgaged everything to get him now. It makes no sense at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Nemec played significant minutes versus men in Slovakia for the last two seasons. He has immense international experience. He scored 17 points in 19 games for his club team in Slovakia. He’s already played in two world juniors and was among Slovakia’s best players both times. He has been in two World Championships including 6 points in 8 games at this year’s tournament. He was the best defenseman at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup this summer and in the Olympics this season.

Nemec is a very well-rounded defenseman. His puck game is great. He has the high-end brain to make a lot of tough plays often. Nemec can hit seams, make plays under pressure and makes a great outlet pass. He also shows individual skill which, when combined with good speed, allows him to be dangerous in transition too. Defensively he’s solid due to his skating, compete and brain, even though he’s not imposing physically and can be trusted with tough responsibilities. Nemec projects as a top-pair defenseman.

there i googled it

“Well rounded defenseman”, “solid defensively”.  Sounds like a pretty good prospect. Does he sound like someone you’d spend a second overall pick on though? 

• Like 1

Just now, devlman said:

“Well rounded defenseman”, “solid defensively”.  Sounds like a pretty good prospect. Does he sound like someone you’d spend a second overall pick on though? 

They're saying "is", like "is currently" and not "will be". 

" Nemec projects as a top-pair defenseman." absolutely makes me want to spend a second overall pick. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe I’m alone in thinking that these same people would be pissed in a season and a half when we were trading DeBrincat or in 2 seasons when he refused to re-sign here, yelling about “we wasted a 2OA on a year and a half of DeBrincat”. 

DeBrincat, in a matter of games playing next to Jack, would be crawling over broken glass to sign long term.

Frank Nazar at 13 is great value. Would've loved to see Fitz trade back up, but I question whether or not we have the ammo for that.

3 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

Can we stop with the Debrincat BS. He's a UFA in a year. They can throw money at him then. When they don't have to trade a 2nd overall pick. People act like the team would be a cup contender if they just would have mortgaged everything to get him now. It makes no sense at all.

Two years, but still correct. 

1 minute ago, devlman said:

DeBrincat, in a matter of games playing next to Jack, would be crawling over broken glass to sign long term.

Right because everyone loves Jersey. And not winning Cups, which we will not be doing by 2024. 

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Nemec played significant minutes versus men in Slovakia for the last two seasons. He has immense international experience. He scored 17 points in 19 games for his club team in Slovakia. He’s already played in two world juniors and was among Slovakia’s best players both times. He has been in two World Championships including 6 points in 8 games at this year’s tournament. He was the best defenseman at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup this summer and in the Olympics this season.

Nemec is a very well-rounded defenseman. His puck game is great. He has the high-end brain to make a lot of tough plays often. Nemec can hit seams, make plays under pressure and makes a great outlet pass. He also shows individual skill which, when combined with good speed, allows him to be dangerous in transition too. Defensively he’s solid due to his skating, compete and brain, even though he’s not imposing physically and can be trusted with tough responsibilities. Nemec projects as a top-pair defenseman.

there i googled it

I watched video and read up.

He is playing in a men's league, but a Slovak Men's league which I doubt is about as good as the AHL. He has had 48 pts in 88 games. 26 of those points come from this season over 39 games. The prior 22 are from 49 games he played over 3 seasons. While he does seem to have a decent hockey IQ his skating is average, he has a bad habit of trying to be too fancy and his defense is questionable. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe I’m alone in thinking that these same people would be pissed in a season and a half when we were trading DeBrincat or in 2 seasons when he refused to re-sign here, yelling about “we wasted a 2OA on a year and a half of DeBrincat”. 

You’re not alone in thinking that, and I’m preeetttyy sure you can guess the folks who would be saying just that. 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Frank Nazar at 13 is great value. Would've loved to see Fitz trade back up, but I question whether or not we have the ammo for that.

The way he just walked back his "i want my kid... i want my family" feels like he has something he isnt telling his parents.... yet.... lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

He’s an RFA , but your point stands. I agree, Fitz can’t make a trade that isn’t there. If Chicago didn’t want what we offered, we can’t give up the future for him. Ottawa gave up a 1st and 2nd and maybe Fitz thought that was just too much to give up. 

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

He is playing in a men's league, but a Slovak Men's league which I doubt is about as good as the AHL. He has had 48 pts in 88 games. 26 of those points come from this season over 39 games. The prior 22 are from 49 games he played over 3 seasons. While he does seem to have a decent hockey IQ his skating is average, he has a bad habit of trying to be too fancy and his defense is questionable. 

HE WAS FIFTEEN YEARS OLD 3 YEARS AGO lmao come on man! "He only had 22 points in 49 games while having a strict bedtime and not being allowed to see R rated movies". 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

fvck did we draft subban...?

Wanted slafkovsky but didn’t happen but I though one of the two centers would have been worth more in a shorter period of time than this defenseman. And he goes against Fitz and big defenseman agenda. Almost seems a panic pick after Montreal took what we clearly wanted. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Dude, c'mon.  Self gloss much?

yeah. But I spent a lot of time, It's nice when you realize that you understand somthing on the regular basis. It's part of my hockey passion. it's interesting and fascinating to me. And the draft is a rare holiday for me, which I have been approaching and preparing for a very long time. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

fvck did we draft subban...?

if you believe Carp's ~6 minutes of research after he triple-checked that he definitely got the right guy over literally every single scout, you nailed it! 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

The way he just walked back his "i want my kid... i want my family" feels like he has something he isnt telling his parents.... yet.... lol

I caught that too 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

So his offense has steadily improved then? Isn’t that good? 

As for the fancy thing, he can learn to tone it down. You can’t teach hockey IQ though. 

1 minute ago, Fansinz88 said:

Wanted slafkovsky but didn’t happen but I though one of the two centers would have been worth more in a shorter period of time than this defenseman. And he goes against Fitz and big defenseman agenda. Almost seems a panic pick after Montreal took what we clearly wanted. 

I think they were aware that Montreal was interested in Slaf. A lot of people projected Montreal taking him. It’s safe to say we took who was #2 on our board.