2022 IIHF Worlds

RunninWithTheDevil

Saw some people on another site saying that Luke has looked terrible and not at all NHL ready thus far. Nobody is posting any highlights like they were during the Frozen Four, so I am assuming there is something to this. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Saw some people on another site saying that Luke has looked terrible and not at all NHL ready thus far. Nobody is posting any highlights like they were during the Frozen Four, so I am assuming there is something to this. 

He’s had some bad turnovers (so has Slaf btw), but he’s also made some really nice plays - the breakaway goal, a nice assist, etc. “Terrible” is an exaggeration, imo. 

Edited by Nicomo

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s had some bad turnovers (so has Slaf btw), but he’s also made some really nice plays - the breakaway goal, a nice assist, etc. “Terrible” is an exaggeration, imo. 

The other posts I was referring to (Reddit, so obviously whatever it’s worth if anything) said he has been a “turnover machine” like Jack was in his first season. 

My first thought was you getting angry lol. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

The other posts I was referring to (Reddit, so obviously whatever it’s worth if anything) said he has been a “turnover machine” like Jack was in his first season. 

My first thought was you getting angry lol. 

It doesn’t make me angry at all. It’s the truth. Doesn’t mean there’s not been an immense amount of skill on display (just like there was with Jack early on). 

This give-and-go was gorgeous. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

It doesn’t make me angry at all. It’s the truth. Doesn’t mean there’s not been an immense amount of skill on display (just like there was with Jack early on). 

This give-and-go was gorgeous. 

That was very well executed. 

The type of hockey Luke plays will probably lead to a number of turnovers and he will have games where he looks like a turnover machine.  He has been scouted as an offensive-minded D-man and not really a shutdown D-man.  The hope is that the good parts of his game will far outshine the bad parts.

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I hope that for all of our players. 

I hope so too.

I saw that post you mentioned on reddit earlier this morning.  I am a little surprised as that place is often full of fans where everything in Devils-land is perfect and full of rainbows and sunshine.  However, it does look like his post got downvoted a little bit as well so that makes sense.

43 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I hope so too.

I saw that post you mentioned on reddit earlier this morning.  I am a little surprised as that place is often full of fans where everything in Devils-land is perfect and full of rainbows and sunshine.  However, it does look like his post got downvoted a little bit as well so that makes sense.

I mean to some extent I just thought well, it’s on Reddit and probably isn’t accurate. That’s why I asked here, aI thought our membership over here would have better insight. 

Luke was a soft defenseman from day 1. And he is driver. That is obvious with his style of play to create turnovers. With experience he will fix this part of the game, but we can't wait rock solid defensive game. He wasn't drafted for that. 

Hope experience and his size and speed/skating will help him to adapt. And ofcourse we need to balance our defense. Idea to have defensive line with Hamilton, Severson, Luke and Smith(and Walsh+) is ridiculously naive. 

13 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

Severson, Graves and Mercer have been great for team Canada.

Can't remember which game it was but when Canada was killing a 5 on 3, they put out Mercer, Severson, and Graves.

• Like 1