2022-2023 Opening Day Lineup???

CMONPETEYD

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

I heard he has a laine like wrister and can beat goalies glove side. He scores plenty of his goals deep slot. Is this not true.

Guy’s like @Guadana would know better than me, but from what I’ve seen of him (World’s, highlights, etc) I’d say he has a good - not great - shot. Certainly not on the level of Holtz. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 6:52 PM, titans04 said:

Oooooffffff.  In all his healthy years he averaged ~ 25 points!  His last deal he went from 2.5M to 3.5M at a time when the cap wasn't flat and the Devils were closer to the floor. Now coming off zip, nada, nothing if he goes from 3.5 to 5 in a flat cap error they're nuts. He should get a one year prove it deal for damn near the same 3.5M.  The guy had major hip surgery and when he tried to come back he got shut down real quick.

They need his grit, they have none but they shouldn't overpay for grit and a 25 point average. That's 4th line stuff at 1.5-2M these days. 3.5 is plenty imo.

I guess people are fascinated with wood.  They want to throw more money at wood, than a goalie.

19 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Guy’s like @Guadana would know better than me, but from what I’ve seen of him (World’s, highlights, etc) I’d say he has a good - not great - shot. Certainly not on the level of Holtz. 

Definitely accurate. Holtz was without question the best shooter in his draft class. Can't say the same about Slafkovsky - but it is definitely trending up. His shot used to be a weakness, or at least something that was not utilized nearly enough. He has shown immense progress in this area, as evidenced by his performance at the Olympics. I don't think people would call it a weakness anymore. In fact, I've seen people calling him a "shoot first" prospect. I'm not sure that's accurate, but maybe in time, his shot will become a strength.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nessus said:

Definitely accurate. Holtz was without question the best shooter in his draft class. Can't say the same about Slafkovsky - but it is definitely trending up. His shot used to be a weakness, or at least something that was not utilized nearly enough. He has shown immense progress in this area, as evidenced by his performance at the Olympics. I don't think people would call it a weakness anymore. In fact, I've seen people calling him a "shoot first" prospect. I'm not sure that's accurate, but maybe in time, his shot will become a strength.

Jack went from “haha that was adorable” to “holy sh!t what a snipe” in 1.5 years, I believe Slaf can absolutely show the same growth. 

• Like 2

On 6/1/2022 at 5:00 AM, EdgeControl said:

I heard he has a laine like wrister and can beat goalies glove side. He scores plenty of his goals deep slot. Is this not true.

Holtz has much better shot. But who cares. He is much better puck protector. Iq is better. But wrist shot is very good. He has better overall tools and great IQ. 

Holtz is softy and skating is worser. But his shot is awesome. Best one in the 5 years I believe. If he will work more and add physicality and skating, hw will be dangerous goal scorer.

• Like 1