Jump to content

Kovy.


Mitico12
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mogilny was pretty dynamic when he was playing with Gomez. Both of them really. 
 

But yeah I think Jack and maybe Luke are gonna go down as the most dynamic players in the history of the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kovalchuk truly was something else. You really wonder how his career could have been different if he had spent more time surrounded by some talent. The guy had basically every tool you could hope for in a player.  Passing, shooting, stickhandling, playmaking - everything was elite. I wouldn't want him back at this stage, but his departure from the organization shouldn't take away from what a player he was while he was here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack is on his way to becoming the most dynamic Devil, if he can stay healthy.  Last year he was a hell of a lot of fun to watch.  

I think he’s already there tbh. He takes over games and tilts the ice even more than prime Kovy, imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s a million reasons to hate Kovy as a Devils fan and absolutely pass on bringing him in at age 39, but I will say this:

That man gave us the greatest non cup season in franchise history. Defeating the Phailures and Rags in back to back series is every Devils fan’s wet dream. Forever a legend.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nessus said:

You really wonder how his career could have been different if he had spent more time surrounded by some talent.

I don't think that was his problem. The guy played with Marian Hossa, Slava Kozlov and Marc Savard. Maybe a year or two with Dany Heatley, too. He would have had a Hall of Fame career had his 30s been like his 20s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, devlman said:

There’s a million reasons to hate Kovy as a Devils fan and absolutely pass on bringing him in at age 39, but I will say this:

That man gave us the greatest non cup season in franchise history. Defeating the Phailures and Rags in back to back series is every Devils fan’s wet dream. Forever a legend.

We'll always have 2012. The stretch pass to Ponikarovsky to beat Philly in OT .... great moment.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

We'll always have 2012. The stretch pass to Ponikarovsky to beat Philly in OT .... great moment.

The insanely good powerplay goal at home against the Rags. Henrique it’s over. The goal vs Philly game 3. He was absolutely unstoppable that year.

Also I believe he fed Zajac for his ot goal game 6 v fla.

Edited by devlman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, devlman said:

The insanely good powerplay goal at home against the Rags. Henrique it’s over. The goal vs Philly game 3. He was absolutely unstoppable that year.

Also I believe he fed Zajac for his ot goal game 6 v fla.

And lets not forget, he was this phenomenal with a fvcked up back and its crazy he was even playing at the time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, devlman said:

The insanely good powerplay goal at home against the Rags. Henrique it’s over. The goal vs Philly game 3. He was absolutely unstoppable that year.

Also I believe he fed Zajac for his ot goal game 6 v fla.

didnt just feed zajac. made a spectacular little play that was so underrated with the puck and then put a perfect pass on the tape of zajac. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

I don't think that was his problem. The guy played with Marian Hossa, Slava Kozlov and Marc Savard. Maybe a year or two with Dany Heatley, too. He would have had a Hall of Fame career had his 30s been like his 20s.

He didn’t share the ice with Hossa unless it was a powerplay. Kozlov was a LW, I would be surprised if they ever saw the ice together. He and Savard overlapped all of one season.

He played with Mellanby and Holik for the majority of his career in Atlanta. Played a little bit with Armie too. 

Edited by MB3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, devlman said:

There’s a million reasons to hate Kovy as a Devils fan and absolutely pass on bringing him in at age 39, but I will say this:

That man gave us the greatest non cup season in franchise history. Defeating the Phailures and Rags in back to back series is every Devils fan’s wet dream. Forever a legend.

I will always appreciate what he did in 2012. No doubt. 

Edited by MadDog2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2022 at 7:07 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

but yeah, not always “logical” who individual fans gravitate to.  

Colin White for me.
Bobby Holik until he signed with the Rangers for 9mm a year in 2002...  couldn't blame him, but also never forgave him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, aylbert said:

Colin White for me.
Bobby Holik until he signed with the Rangers for 9mm a year in 2002...  couldn't blame him, but also never forgave him.

If you know your NJDevs history, you know I didn't forgive him lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2022 at 11:38 PM, Jerrydevil said:

We'll always have 2012. The stretch pass to Ponikarovsky to beat Philly in OT .... great moment.

The dude was a highlight machine that playoff, in no particular order that come to mind:

Setup on Travis Zajac's game 6 OT goal against the Panthers: 

 

This badass goal against the Flyers, making Bryz his bitch:

Snipe from the point that really put the Flyers to bed:

This sick snipe against the Rangers:

Obviously, this insanely beautiful PP goal:


Just to pick a few of my favorites.

 

To the OP though - no.  He looked cooked with LA / Montreal, nothing left in the legs.  It's a faster game than it was during his prime.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, aylbert said:

Colin White for me.

I was a big Colin White fan, too. Some people might remember him more towards the end of his time in NJ, but those early years (especially pre-eye injury) he was actually really good. Guys like him, Madden, Pandolfo, etc really exemplified what those Devils teams were all about. 

I actually just got back a jersey from EPS not to long ago that I had done into a White - with a A. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I was a big Colin White fan, too. Some people might remember him more towards the end of his time in NJ, but those early years (especially pre-eye injury) he was actually really good. Guys like him, Madden, Pandolfo, etc really exemplified what those Devils teams were all about. 

I actually just got back a jersey from EPS not to long ago that I had done into a White - with a A. 

He was a favorite of mine as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I was a big Colin White fan, too. Some people might remember him more towards the end of his time in NJ, but those early years (especially pre-eye injury) he was actually really good. Guys like him, Madden, Pandolfo, etc really exemplified what those Devils teams were all about. 

I actually just got back a jersey from EPS not to long ago that I had done into a White - with a A. 

Whitey was actually my friends’ kids’ hockey coach for a couple of seasons. He’s a really good dude. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

The dude was a highlight machine that playoff, in no particular order that come to mind:

Setup on Travis Zajac's game 6 OT goal against the Panthers: 

 

This badass goal against the Flyers, making Bryz his bitch:

Snipe from the point that really put the Flyers to bed:

This sick snipe against the Rangers:

Obviously, this insanely beautiful PP goal:


Just to pick a few of my favorites.

 

To the OP though - no.  He looked cooked with LA / Montreal, nothing left in the legs.  It's a faster game than it was during his prime.

That last powerplay goal… what a beautiful set up. Clarkson in the slot pulled everyone up leaving that seam cross crease to Kovy wide open. Thank god Recchi is gone.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Whitey was actually my friends’ kids’ hockey coach for a couple of seasons. He’s a really good dude. 

That’s awesome. I never hear anything but good things honestly. I love when Gomez talks about him on Chiclets lol. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I was a big Colin White fan, too. Some people might remember him more towards the end of his time in NJ, but those early years (especially pre-eye injury) he was actually really good. Guys like him, Madden, Pandolfo, etc really exemplified what those Devils teams were all about. 

I actually just got back a jersey from EPS not to long ago that I had done into a White - with a A. 

His early years were great but all things considered, he was a hell of a defenseman most of time even after the injury. He brought something this team has been lacking for a long time. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

His early years were great but all things considered, he was a hell of a defenseman most of time even after the injury. He brought something this team has been lacking for a long time. 

Yep. He was just flat out hard to play against for most of his career. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.