Simon Nemec 2nd OA pick 2022 draft.

pumpkin cutter

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Not thrilled with the pronunciation being “Nemech” as opposed to “Nemek”, but my OCD will adjust to this faster than the accent mark on the last letter of Slaf’s impossible to spell name. 

You still havent mastered how to spell 2PacShakir's last name, either...

Edited by jagknife

45 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7feca06e31af09356050f951fc73ff04.jpeg

I hate that the 40th anniversary patch is on the shoulder. fvcking dumb. It should be right on the front chest of the jersey. 

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If he doesn't even pronounce Satan correctly does his opinion really matter?

Still annoys me he never played for the Devils lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I hate that the 40th anniversary patch is on the shoulder. fvcking dumb. It should be right on the front chest of the jersey.

Patches on the shoulders of jerseys never bothered me, but with the dimpling on the Adidas jerseys, it looks completely out of place. 

I should add also, one patch on one shoulder DOES bother me and this is triggering me. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Probably saving room on the front for some ads

You probably aren’t far off. Captain’s C on one side, 40th on the other would leave no room for the inevitable ads. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Probably saving room on the front for some ads

fvck that sh!t. Chest ads are gay. I was really irritated that the sponsors went up on the helmets. This is encroaching on what used to be "team space" on a jersey as opposed to ad space. 

Ads on the players/jerseys is a step towards being Europe. 

That being said, Nemec is said to have hockey IQ comparable to Hedman per the guy who predicted Nemec to Jersey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

A good write up. My conclusion echoes his. Not a Dahlin or a Luke Hughes but still considered very good and a tough choice at 2 overall

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2022/6/7/23157441/simon-nemec-2022-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-two-way-defenseman-top-pair-protentialw-hk-nitra

Well tbf Luke would have easily went #1OA this year if he was born a few weeks later. 

• Like 1

Now that I got over my disappointment on losing out on Slaf, I am liking this pick. I really liked him and had daydreams of him on Jack's line. I watched a bunch of highlight reels on Nemec ( there are a lot) and this kid is poised and very involved in plays.

Nice that Tatar apparently already gave Nemec some heads up and details about NJ (From the draft floor interview)

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

fvck that sh!t. Chest ads are gay. I was really irritated that the sponsors went up on the helmets. This is encroaching on what used to be "team space" on a jersey as opposed to ad space. 

Ads on the players/jerseys is a step towards being Europe. 

That being said, Nemec is said to have hockey IQ comparable to Hedman per the guy who predicted Nemec to Jersey.

What's wrong with being gay?

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

How does the NHL always fail to finish this show in the alloted time segment when they literally have everything on a clock

Too much stuff in the beginning. Granted, it was death tributes so it’s not really a big deal, but I think it threw off the whole show. 

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

What's wrong with being gay?

Chest ads, I think…

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Too much stuff in the beginning. Granted, it was death tributes so it’s not really a big deal, but I think it threw off the whole show. 

If it didn't happen every single draft I'd say that would explain it but even with that stuff which really didn't take that long they are still only on the 21st pick. 

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

If it didn't happen every single draft I'd say that would explain it but even with that stuff which really didn't take that long they are still only on the 21st pick. 

You aren’t wrong, I just felt like the opening was especially long tonight. Maybe because I was in my car waiting to go grocery shopping.  My conversation with my wife:

“I am waiting until we pick to go inside.”

”Are you kidding, that’s weird. No, that’s exactly what I would expect you to do. See you when you get home.”

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Using gay as an insult in 2022 is pretty lame if you ask me. 

Signal harder. I was definitely trying to insult all gay people by talking colloquially, but thankfully you are on patrol for the good of the board. All of a sudden I remember why I stopped posting here. lol

Edited by RizzMB30

Childhood idol was Tomas Tatar. That’s good, maybe he can sublease Tatar’s apartment after we get rid of him. 

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

What the actual fvck does that even mean? 

Im not sure but doing it harder sounds pretty gay.