Simon Nemec 2nd OA pick 2022 draft.

pumpkin cutter

23 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Signal harder. I was definitely trying to insult all gay people by talking colloquially, but thankfully you are on patrol for the good of the board. All of a sudden I remember why I stopped posting here. lol

I see this kind of language coming from the 13 year olds I teach. Am a bit surprised to see it come from an adult. I guess you've never experienced the anger a gay teen shows after hearing gay being thrown around as a slur. Go figure

54 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I see this kind of language coming from the 13 year olds I teach. Am a bit surprised to see it come from an adult. I guess you've never experienced the anger a gay teen shows after hearing gay being thrown around as a slur. Go figure

Cry about it some more. I think gay people are a lot stronger than you give them credit for, but okay. This just tells me that you probably don't know that many gay people. 

Also school tends to be the only place that a child tends to experience violence on average in their entire lifetime. This isn't something to be proud of. 

Edited by RizzMB30

Like many of us, I was hoping for Slaf, but was still excited about Wright at #2 if Slaf went 1OA. Crazy that Wright was not first on at least 3 teams' lists, and probably not even second on some of those too. 

Anyway, regarding Nemec, there are a lot of things I really like about this pick. Great posts by @MB3in this thread, but to add to those:

First, I think he's arguably the only player in the top 5-6 picks without any red flags. Slaf didn't produce very well for a first overall pick. Same with Cooley, who didn't exactly separate himself from his teammates in a much weaker league. Wright wasn't dominant in a season he really should have been. And Gauthier might have been a reach given his good but not great production. Nemec on the other hand passes both the eye test and the stats test. He really did have an excellent season. And if you remember when we were following Slaf at the world championships, when he was on pace to break Laine's points record...Nemec also consistently made the list of top scoring players in their draft year at the WC (of all time) - and as a defenseman! That's pretty impressive.

He has not only produced, but distinguished himself as a top player, at every level. I mean... 17 points in 19 playoff games in the top Slovakian league this season? That's nuts, and good for second on the team in points.

The other thing that I find encouraging about this pick, is I really feel like it is a BPA pick. Nemec does not exactly fill a team need. Sure, he plays RD, which is an organizational weakness. But Nemec will be coming into an organization with Dougie Hamilton and Luke Hughes, players who share similar strengths to Nemec. He will be competing for top minutes and PP time with both of these players. I think Jiricek fits into the team needs a bit more (especially with Fitz's emphasis on big defensemen), and the fact that they went with Nemec shows that they must have really liked him as a player, separate from what the team is lacking.

I also think he's closer to being NHL ready than many people think. He mentioned wanting to come to North America for the upcoming season. If that means AHL, it'll be awesome to watch him in the Utica games. Between him, Mukhamadullin, and Stillman, it'll look like another good season for them. He definitely has some aspects of his game that could use some strengthening, 

We got a good one, get hyped.

• Like 8

Not gonna touch on whatever the hell else is going on in this thread, but I'm heading to bed disappointed.

No Luke Hughes next year. No way this kid makes the team next year. No Fiala, no Debrincat, no Tkachuk. 

Fitz better make something happen in FA. Tired of the status quo here with the Devils.

• Like 2