Simon Nemec 2nd OA pick 2022 draft.

pumpkin cutter

10 hours ago, moustic said:

Of course i'm right... And L'amoureux is indeed The Lover.
And if SD speaks french, my english isn't broken at all. And as a reminder, i learn english while following Hockey online. 

Thing is you heard me speak chiac. Which is the equivalent of Spanglish.

So it's like hearing someone speak spanglish and claiming they don't speak english.

I can speak french. But i didn't when you listened to my podcast lol 

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Thing is you heard me speak chiac. Which is the equivalent of Spanglish.

So it's like hearing someone speak spanglish and claiming they don't speak english.

I can speak french. But i didn't when you listened to my podcast lol 

You know that I know and I'm just messing with you about that.. Right? 

I'm playing my French arrogant role! I have to.. In order to survive that's what we need to do : ) 

5 hours ago, moustic said:

You know that I know and I'm just messing with you about that.. Right? 

I'm playing my French arrogant role! I have to.. In order to survive that's what we need to do : ) 

Oh i know, I've been to Quebec. I know the game ;)

We’re planning a trip to France and we speak no French. We are going to get abused. 

My plan is to secretly take some online courses without telling my wife or daughter and then just start saying stuff in French when we get there. Obviously I can’t learn the whole language, but if I can master ordering food and asking directions and basic conversational sh!t, that will be funny enough. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

We’re planning a trip to France and we speak no French. We are going to get abused. 

My plan is to secretly take some online courses without telling my wife or daughter and then just start saying stuff in French when we get there. Obviously I can’t learn the whole language, but if I can master ordering food and asking directions and basic conversational sh!t, that will be funny enough. 

Just learn this commercial and you should be set

Probably not as funny for english people but it's hilarious

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If you want i can gave you a tour in Paris for free (i'm a greeters here). You and your family will be treat like my guest and i will have a blast meeting you and your family. 

For real : ) 

And about not knowing French... Start your sentence by "bonjour... Désolé je ne parle pas français" (hello sorry i don't speak French)  people will see that you care and you will be treated well... 

(and i'm really serious about the tour!) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

real story, when I was in college i went drinking around the world in Epcot. Basically each “country” has traditional drinks and they get college kids from each country to be the bartender. 

there was a smokeshow serving drinks in “germany”. i have a german friend, and asked her “how do I say “hello, you are beautiful. i’ll have whatever your favorite meal is” to her in german. she texted me a long sentence and  voiced the pronunciation. i practiced and went up to take my shot. said it in flawless german.

the girl was horrified. the other cashier stopped what she was doing and was horrified. they asked me to repeat myself, so i did… but slightly less confidently. finally she says “you don’t know what you are saying correct?” and i explained the situation and they died laughing. 

i said “you look like my mom and my mom is really hot. can i take your picture to keep in my wallet?”

i mean well played but damn. 

That’s awesome lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

We have two of the top 5. Awesome. 

And this is what has me optimistic that better days are not so far off.  The Devils D could finally be a real strength real soon.  

2. Luke Hughes, LHD, 18 (New Jersey Devils— No. 4, 2021)

A year ago, I put Hughes seventh on my final 2021 draft ranking and explained the reasons for it as twofold:

• He needed to find ways to get off of the perimeter in possession and create more to the middle of the ice for himself.
  • He needed to improve his man-to-man and in-zone defence.

On both fronts this season, he passed with flying colours, fully realizing his gamebreaking, star potential and finding another echelon as a prospect as a result (all while playing as the youngest defenceman in college hockey). So much so that I considered slotting him first here. A year later, he did such good job taking his game from roving around the perimeter to attacking the middle-third that he led all NCAA defencemen (regardless of age!) in scoring and points with 17 goals and 39 points, all while making significant strides in his game defensively (while often playing his off-side no less!).

He plays an effortless transition style, transporting pucks from A to B better than any D prospect on this list. He’s got the stops and starts into a burst in a different direction. He’s got the step-back into his stance before adjusting onto his toes to change pace.

He breezes through holes in the neutral zone. His skating makes him maybe the sport’s most active offensive defenceman, while helping him snuff out more and more rushes so that he can lead them back the other way and then create inside the offensive zone with his feet moving.

Add in the instinct that he developed on the attack and he’s nearly impossible to contain off the line or stop on entry at the blue line. The fluidity of his stride (which extends back fully when he’s pushing forward) and the airiness of his edgework will always define his game. They allow him to draw attention, force opposing players into puck-watching, and then open up the play for him. And while he’s still got some work to do to fill out his 6-foot-2 frame, he’s the closest thing to Cale Makar outside the NHL and a true breath of fresh air to watch.

• Like 6

4. Simon Nemec, RHD, 18 (New Jersey Devils — No. 2, 2022)

This kid turned 18 in the middle of February and he’s already registered 65 points in 112 games at a professional level as a defenceman! Nemec’s statistical profile is as strong as any draft-eligible defenceman we’ve seen in recent years — stamped by an exceptional, record-setting performance in Nitra’s playoff run and into the men’s world championships. This is a kid who has looked a class above his peers whenever he’s played with them, has excelled against NHLers on the senior stage, and is already a top player at his position in his top domestic league (albeit a difficult one to evaluate).

Nemec is a calculated and poised three-zone defender who is capable of organizing play from the top of the zone, executing through seams in coverage at a high level, and starting and leading his fair share of rushes. He’s got great edges and four-way mobility, which he uses to manipulate and steer play through intelligent routes on and off the puck.

And he also regularly flashes sneaky deception, which blends beautifully with his rare maturity for his age. Though I wouldn’t say he’s a dynamic, game-breaking type offensively, I see plenty of calmness and talent. He knows when and how to push (and when and how to sit back and defend). He’s already got pro size, he plays a polished defensive game, and he’s a righty. I expect him to become the best defenceman out of Slovakia since Zdeno Chara and a first-pairing guy who plays an effective, efficient, play-driving modern game. The game just comes easy to him, with everything happening in front of him and the ice tilted in his favour. His type of game is the direction it’s going.

• Like 6