Simon Nemec 2nd OA pick 2022 draft.

pumpkin cutter

Not gonna touch on whatever the hell else is going on in this thread, but I'm heading to bed disappointed.

No Luke Hughes next year. No way this kid makes the team next year. No Fiala, no Debrincat, no Tkachuk. 

Fitz better make something happen in FA. Tired of the status quo here with the Devils.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well, onto the 37th pick. Hoping for another Euro player, Vikarus Jirkov. 

im personally hoping that euro wildcard Phokme Seidwey drop to the 37th spot. 

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Not a snowballs chance in hell that's an actual quote 

How dare you doubt the word of a guy named Brady DingleBalls!!!

• Haha 1

Something to keep in mind...

Luke was days away from being in THIS draft... and most likely would have been first overall... So overall we did pretty good getting the 2 best dmen of that age range

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Not a snowballs chance in hell that's an actual quote 

you mean the reporter with a name Mr. Dingleballs isn’t a parody account?

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

you mean the reporter with a name Mr. Dingleballs isn’t a parody account?

Isn’t that your especially hot wife’s pet name for you?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I thought that was Daneyko's pet name for his wife?

I thought I was supposed to have wild, sweaty sex with a pile of gameworn jerseys with googly eyes and a microwaved grapefruit with a hole in it that I’ve named Amanda? 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I thought I was supposed to have wild, sweaty sex with a pile of gameworn jerseys with googly eyes and a microwaved grapefruit with a hole in it that I’ve named Amanda? 

Add a jar of mayo and couple of pairs of fake Jimmy Choos and we might be parading down Mulberry & Edison next June boys!

To give context again. And using the most extreme example. We can just read pre-draft reports about makar.

Projected MAYBE in the top 4.... projected to be a top 4 dman... etc etc

https://thehockeywriters.com/2017-nhl-draft-prospect-cale-makar/

So it makes claims that nemec is NOT PROJECTED TO BE A TOP 2 dman claims and all that stuff pretty silly at this point. Nobody knows yet.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Not gonna touch on whatever the hell else is going on in this thread, but I'm heading to bed disappointed.

No Luke Hughes next year. No way this kid makes the team next year. No Fiala, no Debrincat, no Tkachuk. 

Fitz better make something happen in FA. Tired of the status quo here with the Devils.

22zs7k.jpg

• Haha 1

Now nevermind who we will have prefer, what trade we will rather had, projection, when he will be there etc etc... 

Let's support this guy like he will be a futur hof that will tear apart the league 

He is our guy now! So i don't care about alternate universe! Welcome home Nemec! You are a Devils and I'm super happy about that! 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, titans04 said:

Speaking of not happy.

Didn't Fliip Zadina make the same claim?  Edit: just noticed this was a parody account.  

I've been so busy lately that I really didn't get any chance to dive into the prospects this year and form any type of strong opinion.  With that being said, everything I'm reading now on Nemec makes me think this was a really good pick.  His floor seems to be as a top 4 D-Man.  Also, as cringeworthy as the Rangers fans sounded pumping Kakko's tires for playing against men, I kind of put more stock in it when it's a defenseman.   We get these forwards, Slafkovsky included, who score like 10 points all season in mens leagues and scouts are trying to project what that will translate to once he gets older.   On D, you can either hold your own against older, wiser players or you can't.   

Also, not sure why anyone is worried about how quickly Nemec can come in an contribute when we're already sitting on two top 10 picks who have been given two years post draft to develop.  Our 2022 pick should never have been about what they could provide in 22-23.   If Fitz can address goaltending and wing through trade or free agency, we should see significant improvement this year regardless.   There's always good wingers available, especially if you have cap space, so I'm not too worried about missing out on Debrincat.   Goalie is a little trickier since there isn't really a perfect solution out there that is known to be available, just a bunch of slightly better than average guys who are going to be looking for more money and term than you ideally commit for average goaltending.    

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 2

Like others, my initial reaction to Slaf being selected by the Canadiens was “Aw sh!t, now what?”  When I saw the Devils take Nemec, it was “Huh what?”

After doing some research, I’m good with the pick now…it’s not like the Devils can’t use defensemen, and it sure sounds like this kid has some high-end potential.

Another topic for another day, but fair to start wondering if Severson doesn’t get offered an extension after next season.  

• Like 5

I was pissed when MTL drafted Slaf too and I honestly expected them to trade the pick. I’m much happier they drafted instead of trading it though.

Maybe they could have traded down a couple of spots and still drafted him but there’s no telling if he would’ve been there still. Plus is losing out on another 3rd or 4th round pick that worth getting upset about?

There’s nothing we can do about losing out on Slaf. It was time to roll with the punches and Fitz rolled with the best RHD in the draft. Now we’ll have a first pair LHD in Luke Hughes and a first pairing RHD in Nemec for years. 

They say getting a 1C and a 1D are the hardest things to get in the nhl and you can only really get them in the draft. Well now we have 2 1C’s and 2 1D’s. Through drafting. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

If he doesn't even pronounce Satan correctly does his opinion really matter?

He is just saying that to keep it on the down low. You don't just go around announcing you are Satan. 

Look at the guy: 

Screenshot_20220708-142752_Google.thumb.jpg.dd902c63a2a4033963dca9e9b948e35d.jpg

Those are the Devils eyebrows. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

He is just saying that to keep it on the down low. You don't just go around announcing you are Satan. 

Look at the guy: 

Screenshot_20220708-142752_Google.thumb.jpg.dd902c63a2a4033963dca9e9b948e35d.jpg

Those are the Devils eyebrows. 

Has the goatee as well. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Maybe they could have traded down a couple of spots and still drafted him but there’s no telling if he would’ve been there still. 

Supposedly Seattle was really set on Nemec, so probably not. 

45 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

btw marty looks fat!

Ok Sean. 

• Like 1