Devils draft D Seamus Casey

MadDog2020

15 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I have zero clue as to Seamus Casey, but this is enough to concern me with Tom and Castron picking him.  This is the same line we got with Muk and even Stillman to some extent.

From what I heard this kid was projected in the 2nd, so I don’t know if it’s a case of taking him too early….

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

From what I heard this kid was projected in the 2nd, so I don’t know if it’s a case of taking him too early….

Pronman had him at 49. I saw a few mocks with him going 43 and 45, so he wasn’t a reach. Picked right about where expected. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1

Here was Pronman’s analysis 

Background: Casey was a top-four defenseman for the U.S. NTDP this season, lining up on both special team units consistently. He is a rare NHL prospect to come out of the Miami, Florida area and play youth hockey for the Florida Alliance program. He’s committed to Michigan.

Analysis: Casey has NHL caliber skating and skill. His ability to skate pucks out of trouble and up the ice is quite noticeable. He has good hands to maneuver in tight areas and make skilled rushes. On the power play he displays good poise and vision to make plays and can make strong outlets too. I wouldn’t call him truly dynamic with the puck though, which leaves some scouts wondering, as a small defenseman, what his NHL role will be. He defends well enough in junior due to his skating, but for a 5-foot-10 defenseman his defending will be the question as he advances levels. I project him as a full-time third pair defenseman. .