2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

4 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I am looking at Rodrigues or Copp. I'd be cool with the big fish Johnny hockey too, but I'm keeping expectations low even if we do land him. 

Dreger reporting he is signing in DET. Another one where the news breaks well before free agency is supposed to have started lol.

31 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hope that includes free toilet paper for life, and well as a titanium plunger.  

Just now, SterioDesign said:

if we do sign Gaudreau it's going to be a win. 

if we sign him for less than 10m per year. That's a bigger win.

if we sign Gaudreau and not PK Subban. That's the biggest win.

If we gaudreau, a legit goalie, and can offload  zacha,pk... that's the hail Mary win.

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

either you’re allowed to frontload a contract or you aren’t. hossa’s was similarly structured which established precedent. 

the fact that the league not only disallowed the contract but FINED THE DEVILS A DRAFT PICK is so far beyond reasonable it makes my head spin.

Oh yeah it was all bullsh!t in terms of the punishment, but still think Lou brought it on himself no matter how legal it was. 

He was the one person that ruined it for everyone else. Like at a store when they are giving out free samples, and some people take the 1 and then ocassionally someone takes two. Well the Blackhawks came up and took all the food on the tray and got the league's back up, and then Lou comes along and trys to take the tray with him as well. And at a certain point you have to make an example. 

If both deals had been 12 years in length and the Devil's were the only team to get punished I would obviously be less sympathetic to the leagues position (even though it was of their own making).  

Anyway massively off topic and I was the one complaining about threads being too long. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

if we do sign Gaudreau it's going to be a win. 

if we sign him for less than 10m per year. That's a bigger win.

if we sign Gaudreau and not PK Subban. That's the biggest win.

I am seeing things that say PK to Buffalo to be with his brother Malcolm. Best of luck to him. Kind wish we would have pulled the trigger on him sooner to have more of his good years, but it's okay. He put in good minutes for us. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bobilly45 said:

If we gaudreau, a legit goalie, and can offload  zacha,pk... that's the hail Mary win.

Re:  the goalies...what MB3 just said.

I'd rather some other D as a one-year stopgap, but at this point I could kinda-sorta live with PK on a one-year deal, much as I'm not a fan of his play...but I'd much MUCH rather see Fitz go in a different direction.  L Hughes and Nemec figure to be on the team in 2023 (maybe even this year for Nemec), so a stopgap will be fine.  

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

I am seeing things that say PK to Buffalo to be with his brother Malcolm. 

Can we retain like a third of his salary to make this happen even though he is a UFA???

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Re:  the goalies...what MB3 just said.

I'd rather some other D as a one-year stopgap, but at this point I could kinda-sorta live with PK on a one-year deal, much as I'm not a fan of his play...but I'd much MUCH rather see Fitz go in a different direction.  L Hughes and Nemec figure to be on the team in 2023 (maybe even this year for Nemec), so a stopgap will be fine.  

I believe we'll see Luke in the NHL in the Spring as well. 

32 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Weagar would be pretty lit. There really aren't a whole lot of available defenseman. 

I do really like Mason Marchment. I'm worried he'll be overpaid for what amounts to 1 good NHL season, but he's a big body who gets under everyone's skin. Tom Wilson-lite kind of guy. 

EDIT: @mfitz804wouldn't it be cool if the Devils added another MacKenzie? 

Everyone loves adding another MacKenzie. 

4FD1ED5C-5B7D-4A7A-88B7-4A860AEB18D9.gif

Edited by mfitz804

4 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Whatever happens with JG, do you def expect it will be today or could it drag on for a little while?

I feel like it has to be a while, it has to take a little time to work out a $70+m contract. Unless, of course, it’s already basically worked out. 

5 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Whatever happens with JG, do you def expect it will be today or could it drag on for a little while?

Yeah. I don't expect this to be decided today. Maybe it's a no-brainer for JG if the choices are here or NYI. I am hearing Carolina is waiting, but both CAR and PHI have to make moves to fit him.

I can't think otherwise than see the Devils being used by JG's Agent to have the price he wants.
Everything translate to JG to the Flyers... I have see this movie so often (remember shakenbold using us and go to the Rangers ?)

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

if we don't sign JG. I'm also fine'ish with it. Again he,s not the PERFECT answer for our roster but it's a pretty good one so i'd be other being a little bit more patient 

How does Ondrej Palat make you/you guys feel? I like him for the right price if JG is off the table. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 2

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

How does Ondrej Palat make you feel? I like him for the right price. 

I mean i like him but i'm not sure i see a fit.

We have so many lguys who can play the left wing already. Tatar, Wood, Holtz, Sharangovich, Vesey, johnsson, boqvist, zacha, Foote, etc etc Obviously some can also play the RW but LW in general is not a big problem for us. Also a few of those guys like Zacha, Tatar and Johnsson i hope Fitz can get rid of them sooner than later

IF we're signing a left winger it has to be a top LW that'd push down everyone down a line, making the team deeper. Getting Palat would just throw another okay LW in the mix and not really help much i feel.

Jersey City brewery: ‘If Johnny Gaudreau signs with Devils, he’ll have free beer for life’ - nj.com

Guess the Devils have allies in trying to get this thing done.

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

if we don't sign JG. I'm also fine'ish with it. Again he,s not the PERFECT answer for our roster but it's a pretty good one so i'd be other being a little bit more patient 

Same.  There's pros but there's cons as well.  Would make for a lot of interesting (and exciting) offseason chatter...especially from a "What's next?" standpoint.  

I am hearing Zacha to Boston. Trade incoming.

Also Manson to re-signed in COL. 

Thank you for your service Pavel Zacha. I honestly hope he breaks out playing with Pasternak or something and scores 30 goals at least one year. 

Like the guy, just couldnt put together 6th overall potential and top six minutes. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Lets go boys!!!!

Would love if it's DeBrusk coming back.

But it was time to move on and I'm glad he's out.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976